xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
chini13

Kadhi Recipe

This is for more than one person and served with rice3 cups: Yoghurt or butter milk ( if butter milk is there no need of water)3 tsp: Gram flour1/2 tsp: Mustard seed1/4 tsp: Turmeric powder2 : Green chillies1" piece: Ginger (finely chopped)1/4 tsp: Asafoetida powder3 tsp: Oil1 cups: WaterSalt to tasteFor Pakoras5 tsp: Gram flour1/2 tsp: Red chilli powder4 tsp: Oil ( deep frying)Oil for fryingSalt to tasteSufficient water for the batterMethod For KadhiChurn the yogurt along with gram flour and water.The gram flour should be mixed well without forming any lumps.Heat oil and fry the mustard seeds, asafoetida, chillies and ginger for five minutes Add the churned yoghurt, turmeric powder and salt.Keep on stirring it. Boil on a high flame and then simmer for 15 minutes. Set aside.Method For PakorasMake a thick batter by mixing gram flour with red chilly powder, salt, oil and water.Deep fry in small portions.Add these pakoras in kadhi.After adding pakoras boil kadhi for five minutes.

Edited by chini13 (see edit history)

it really looks delicious chini, even i won't take risks and try to make it because it really looks hard to be done. also i don't think i can find all the ingredient here. but i still say thanks for sharing a traditional dish with us chini :) .

it really looks delicious chini, even i won't take risks and try to make it because it really looks hard to be done. also i don't think i can find all the ingredient here. but i still say thanks for sharing a traditional dish with us chini :) .

Lolz chini kadhi.... Lolz

Web_designer that only looks good but tastes not that good(i would say only that noting else) i hate kadhi.

IF u love kadhi sorry chini dont fell it i have to say what i think

I'm really a terrible cook so just as web stated, I won't try to dance with that recipe in the kitchen lol. However, it does sound really good. Maybe you should ship us all some in the mail haha :rolleyes: