xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rob86

Anyone Play Rts Games?

Does anyone play any RTS games? I have a few, and it'd be nice to have someone to destroy. I don't usually play with random people because it's too frustrating (I spend more time sitting in the lobby than playing just to have someone have connection problems when the game DOES start).I have a few RTS games in my collection, Medieval Total War, Rome Total War, Tiberium Wars, Company of Heroes.. and some other ones including older ones. If anyone is interesting in playing let me know. I don't really care what game. I have all these games and nobody to annihilate :) My skills in all these games are pretty limited, so don't be intimidated. I doubt I'll have StarCraft 2 for a while.. I usually let games drop in price before buying, but you never know.

Does anyone play any RTS games? I have a few, and it'd be nice to have someone to destroy. I don't usually play with random people because it's too frustrating (I spend more time sitting in the lobby than playing just to have someone have connection problems when the game DOES start).
I have a few RTS games in my collection, Medieval Total War, Rome Total War, Tiberium Wars, Company of Heroes.. and some other ones including older ones.

If anyone is interesting in playing let me know. I don't really care what game. I have all these games and nobody to annihilate :) My skills in all these games are pretty limited, so don't be intimidated.

I doubt I'll have StarCraft 2 for a while.. I usually let games drop in price before buying, but you never know.

I have some games but haven't really played them lately -- mostly Command and Conquers and things like Age of Empires. I've just been too busy to really play games like that since they are so time consuming.

I'll definitely think about it though.

If you have the C&C games I have the decade pack.

I have Rome Total War and I also played Earth Empire (or Empire Earth). Currently I play a game called Super Power 2. I love RTS, but my computer can't really handle the new releases of different games. My computer is pretty outdated and I don't see myself being able to afford a new one anytime soon. A new version of Civilization came out recently and I can't play it because of my computer. Also, a game called Supreme Ruler 2020 and another game called Geo-Political Simulator, and I couldn't play those because of my outdated computer. I got bored of Rome Total War, and Super Power 2 is the game that I play the most. I usually play it online. The online community is small, but big enough to have a game at least a few times a week. The games usually last a few hours, and they are extremely fun. Geo-Political Simulator reminds me of Super Power 2, however, many people who play Super Power 2 claim that Geo-Political Simulator is way too complicated and buggy. I thought Super Power 2 was complicated when I first started playing and now I wish that I could have more control over my country and its affairs. You can build an army, dictate spending, raise taxes, change laws, and etc, but there is really no political consequences to changing anything. It may lower your relations with other countries, effect your economy, and lower your approval ratings, but raise spending on propaganda and your relations will be find no matter how much you change laws or raise taxes...so the game in single player is really easy after playing it for an hour and online play is the only way to get excitement out of it because you are trying not to be conquered by other players (therefore you have to build relations with stronger players to protect you if youre a small country).I didn't like Earth Empire much, at least not the single player version. I guess AI can never be that great, but its seems like AI attacks randomly. When you first start, you know that the primary goal is to be the last man standing. There is no room for a strategy to build a long lasting partnership and use that partnership to win. Every time I played it, my allies would eventually stab me in the back and roll their units into my borders. I almost forgot Heart of Iron, which is fun. However, I my computer can't play Hearts of Iron III. One game that I really regret that I can't play is Galactic Civilizations. I have heard great things bout the game, but ooo well. Did I miss any good games? I am constantly looking for good RTS games to play that I have not played before. This game has me all tingling inside, searching Google for new RTS...hahaha.

Your post about Empire Earth reminded me of the old days when I played it too. I was actually reading up on it due to the RTS post here (I was going to look into maybe playing it again) and remembered why I hated playing it solo -- you're right, the computer attacks randomly. There were times where the map would have just started and I'd already have their starter people killing my town before the game was even really under way.I was looking at Gamespy to see if others played it there but the number of people was small (like 13 online). I couldn't really find any games with a lot of players on, and for me that's important -- being able to hop online and play anytime I want.

I sometimes like to play RTS games, even though from my youth I really liked to play turn based games, I mean strategy games..For my leisure time, I sometimes still play something from C&C, but quite rarely, or something like age of empires II or Cossacks :PBut it usually lasts for 5 hours, when after a month another 5 hours :D or sometimes, I don't play anything for half a year, not even flash games, due to there's no time at all. :)But when I was younger, I remember I played a lot :DSo I could really play with you multiplayer, don't have the games you have.