xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

I Want A Game Server

I was wondering if i can host a game server for free from here using the mycent service(or what ever it is called i dont know the exact name).I can also do that with only console access.Thanks in advance.

I was wondering if i can host a game server for free from here using the mycent service(or what ever it is called i dont know the exact name).I can also do that with only console access.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, you can but it will take a lot. If you mean like a CSS server or something you'll need around $50 a month for it and if you want a game server for a MMORPG you're looking at $200+.

It all depends on what you need. Just saying "game server" doesn't tell us anything -- it could be a custom game, an emulated game, etc.

a Game server hosted on Linux OS can cost around $20. And a Windows VPS will cost $30..-shree

my question was can i get it using my cent feature ?is it possible ?
I want a urban Terror Server or a compete shell access to it

After you get enough myCENTS, go to Xisto - Support.com/billing and apply for hosting. It will credit the money from your myCents and if you want SHELL access to your server, it costs like $3 more, which you can get by clicking the (CHECK) on your hosting package order page.

my question was can i get it using my cent feature ?is it possible ?
I want a urban Terror Server or a compete shell access to it

Yes its possible, but I think some people were trying to say that it may take a lot of work and activity on the forum in order to foot your bill using MyCent. That is assuming that you intend on maintaining the server month after month instead of just temporarily.

I was going to say rpgsearcherz you don't need $50 you can get a VPS from Xisto for around $18 with a VPS you will be able to host your website and game servers. Why not just buy one from a company like Gaming Deluxe or ServerFFS. It would be cheaper that way...

I was going to say rpgsearcherz you don't need $50 you can get a VPS from Xisto for around $18 with a VPS you will be able to host your website and game servers. Why not just buy one from a company like Gaming Deluxe or ServerFFS. It would be cheaper that way...

Most FPS games wouldn't even run on 128 MB's -- a lot of newer ones need 512 MB to a gig of ram. Therefore the $18 one is irrelevant unless you mean 10+ year old games.

And if he meant a game server as in a MMORPG or something like that you're looking at a MINIMUM of 8 GB's of RAM, in which case you're dealing with a dedicated server.

This is why I stated that without knowing what game he is talking about we can't give a solid price. If he's talking about C&C Renegade, for example, the $18 one is fine. With CSS Source you'd need a bigger one. It all depends on the game itself.

Yes, you can but it will take a lot. If you mean like a CSS server or something you'll need around $50 a month for it and if you want a game server for a MMORPG you're looking at $200+.
It all depends on what you need. Just saying "game server" doesn't tell us anything -- it could be a custom game, an emulated game, etc.

Indeed except the MMORPG. But first off, why not host it yourself? If you have a crap computer, why not? Leave it on. A Counter Strike server would cost perhaps $20? Same with SA:MP! An MMORPG server would cost perhaps $100 depending on the content. I'd estimate GunZ Online takes $70 to run just judging on how long it's been on, etc.