xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dee

Restoring Laptop [Toshiba)

I was finally able to SORTA fix this laptop that I recently got. I was able to pass the BIOS password and all. I was wondering if someone could help me figure out how to make the laptop go back to out of box state. I want to do this because I do not have the password to log into the computer (admin password.) I ahve tried preesing down zero, but I don't get that beeping niose when I turn it on. I've tried F2, F8, F10 and F12. None help me out! Is there another way that I would be able to do this.

I had also been told something about the Motherboard and I tried taking the computer apart, but wasn't alble to do anything to it because I did not have the right toold for a screw. So, I'm not about to mess with that again.

The laptop is a Toshiba a305d... Windows Vista...

Edited by Dee (see edit history)

I was finally able to SORTA fix this laptop that I recently got. I was able to pass the BIOS password and all. I was wondering if someone could help me figure out how to make the laptop go back to out of box state. I want to do this because I do not have the password to log into the computer (admin password.) I ahve tried preesing down zero, but I don't get that beeping niose when I turn it on. I've tried F2, F8, F10 and F12. None help me out! Is there another way that I would be able to do this.

I had also been told something about the Motherboard and I tried taking the computer apart, but wasn't alble to do anything to it because I did not have the right toold for a screw. So, I'm not about to mess with that again.

Really this thread should have remained part of the other one...

Are you able to boot the laptop up now? If so, you should be able to see restore options when you go into control panel. If you are unable to or do not find any options, you'll need the original restore discs or a full OS disc.

Its kind of hard to make out what EXACTLY u r tying to do.

1. Are u trying to get ur system to boot ? (Means ur system is not booting up)

2. Are u trying to bypass the windows password ? (U somehow forgot the Windows Admin password)

or

3. Are u trying to install windows on ur system from the scratch ?

If u r trying to do this, u'll need a restore disc (if any) that came along ur windows machine or the one u must have created when u booted for the very first time.

or U must have a restore section on ur hard-drive and a restore button somewhere on ur laptop.

Its kind of hard to make out what EXACTLY u r tying to do.
1. Are u trying to get ur system to boot ? (Means ur system is not booting up)
2. Are u trying to bypass the windows password ? (U somehow forgot the Windows Admin password)

or
3. Are u trying to install windows on ur system from the scratch ?
If u r trying to do this, u'll need a restore disc (if any) that came along ur windows machine or the one u must have created when u booted for the very first time.
or U must have a restore section on ur hard-drive and a restore button somewhere on ur laptop.

I'm trying to get the laptop to out of box state. The laptop has a BIOS password, when you first turn it on because I was messing around with it. I know that password. I just don't know how to get the laptop to that state because I don't have the admin password.

one option without reformatting is to just change the admin password to blank or another password of your choice. to do this, you need another computer to download a file and make a bootable cd. the file for you would be here, and the webpage where the file is located and where it explains more is here. i had to fix a friends computer once who had just bought a laptop from someone who forgot the password so i just burn the image file to cd, ran the cd, and change the password to nothing. it worked like a charm.

now unless you already of an operating system on cd or dvd or other type of media, you will need another computer to fix your problem but i HIGHLY suggest you just try to reset the password before attempting to restore your laptop to out of box state. then, once you can get in to your system, toshiba might have the option for you to create a restore disk. mine does. otherwise, there are other options....

Edited by anwiii (see edit history)

There are loads of ways to get passed the windows xp logon...... There are softwares which can help you with this... But i will help you in a different way...Try ctrl + alt + del on the logon screen and you will be prompted for a username and password...If the administrator account has a password you will have to logon as user... Without any password or if administrator username does not have a password then you can login as administrator without any password....If these do not work then just format your laptop and get it all fixed up...If you have files on your laptop i suggest a long procedure but it will help you back up all your files...Install windows on D Drive or any other drive other than where your old windows os was installed, Do not FORMAT at this point JUST INSTALL ... This will help you back up your files....After installing windows WITHOUT Formatting, Run it and backup all your files.Run a full format of your C drive, Create partitions to your liking and install a fresh copy of windows....If you have just one partition that is C Drive. You can install it on the c drive without formatting but you will need a external hard disk drive to back up your data or you will have to use a software like partition magic to create partitions in windows...If you are using a partition creation software then you should resize the c partition to create a d partition...After creating a d partition simply backup all your data, Format C and install a copy of windows.Be sure to use antivirus... Always have one ready before you go online....

Edited by Maggot (see edit history)