xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rob86

Excited About Starcraft 2? One of the most anticipated games being released in a few days

Starcraft II is being released in a few days. It's probably the game release I've been most interested in. I don't get too excited about game releases anymore, but Warcraft 2 and Starcraft made such huge impressions on me when I was young that it's hard not to be curious how the next generation of StarCraft will be. I'm going to share an (not really) interesting story to celebrate the release of Starcraft 2.When I was young I didn't know much about games, I just played them. I used to save up my money to buy 10 game packs or 25 game packs. Sometimes I would split this game pack with my uncle (who probably took the best games, seeing as half the games I got weren't even games). Once in a while I'd get a good game like Commander Keen or DOOM, but that's it....and then I saw WarCraft 2. I just stumbled on and downloaded the demo. I downloaded the demo and played it over and over. I even tried the map editor. Finding that hidden map editor in the folder was like discovering a secret treasure. I opened it up and saw all the units and terrains that the demo didn't offer me. I was drooling with anticipation, I HAD to have this game. I created map after map, just to delete them (no save feature). I saved up my chore money for this expensive game (remember, it cost twice as much as the 25 game packs I used to buy) and made my first online purchase off the official Blizzard website.I don't know why I didn't just get it in the local store, but whatever. I remember arguing with my dad over it. "Why pay that much for one game when you can get 25 for half the price?? I didn't give you money to throw away like that!!!"The game took months to arrive. I have NO idea why. I guess online shopping wasn't so efficient then. Surprisingly enough, I had eventually forgotten I even ordered the game (I was young, had a short attention span).When it arrived in the mail, my first big package, I was soooo excited. I read the entire manual, even the box, before touching the game. I wanted the experience to last forever. In a way.. it kind of did, because I remember it now? Blizzard games were so much more quality than anything I had ever played. The voice acting, the graphics, even the manuals were quality.Anyway, that little part of my life is forever in my mind and is why I say Blizzard made a huge impression on me. StarCraft was even better, but by then the magic of video games wearing off (but only a little). I might not wet my pants over the release of StarCraft 2, but I sure hope it continues in the line of quality Blizzard games.

I don't really get excited about games like I used to. Over the past year tons of games that built up anticipation ended up being total failures or just flopped in terms of their quality compared to their claims.So, I'm very interested in checking out the game but I don't hold high standards anymore.

I am not good at RTS games, but i don't mind the single player campaigns. What i liked most about StarCraft is that i could make my own maps, and that is the part of the game i played the most. The unit technologies introduced for SC2 is very interesting, though i'm a bit disappointed that the Terran don't have many anti-air ground units. Concerning the map editor, it is a bit hard to use, but it bears a lot of potential, especially for RPG custom maps. You have a lot of room to work with and it is like working in a 3D modeling program. I haven't played much of the Beta since i could only play multiplayer and it wouldn't allow me to play against the computer. And it seems the game has jumped on the Facebook train like just about everyone else has. I can't say i'm excited about the game, but i'd be interested in playing it.

I used to get excited earlier but i don't get excited anymore. I'm still waiting for crowteam's serious sam: third enounter game. :D okay, that's the only excitement left for me. I have seen many forum threads about starscraft previews. If i get a chance i don't mind playing it. So yes, i',m waiting for the release.

At first, I didn't know when the release date for SC2 until I went to Walmart today and just looking around in Electronic section, when I see a sign that said, "Starcraft 2 Coming Soon on July 27". Right when I saw that sign, I was like, "Hey! It's tomorrow!"My friend had the beta and he said it's really good and I hope this game is really good also. I'm really looking forward into seeing it. Probably when it's my birthday, I'd ask my parents to see if they can buy me Starcraft 2 or something. Starcraft was the best Strategy game I ever played in my entire life.

So now that it's out, has anyone tried it? I don't really like how they're splitting the campaign into three games.

So now that it's out, has anyone tried it? I don't really like how they're splitting the campaign into three games.

I looked at it today while I was in the store. $59.99 for the normal edition -- a little more (well, a lot more) than I'm willing to pay for a game that will suck away my life, :P.

I don't think the box really does the game justice -- it doesn't even give much information about the game and only had like 2 screenshots (possibly 3).