xisto Community
NNNOOOOOO

Is The Boeing 787 Already Flying?

Last I known, it was still in test phase. I had forgotten all about it, until I saw it on a commercial yesterday.

According to information on Wikipedia and Boeing press releases, the 787 will first be delivered to customers by the end of 2010. It made it's maiden flight back in December last year, over two years later than the original planned date. It is currently undergoing flight testing before delivery.

So it's still being tested?

Yes. It hasn't yet been granted a type certificate by the CAA, so it can't fly commercially or really be delivered to anyone.

Obviously they are having a few problems with it. It was suppose to be released in 2008. What is the big deal about the Boeing 787? Like whats new? The design looks exactly the same as the Boeing 767 and Boeing 747. Sometimes I look at airplanes and I am astonished. In fifty or sixty years, we went from riding horses to flying around in the sky. Its really amazing.