xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mario

Chatroom?

How about a chatroom. If opaque agrees to put a chatroom he can take the shoutboxout. Yea, sure the shoutbox can be used as a chatroom, but its slow and have to refresh it everytime. The chatroom would be a faster way to talk to the mods/admins and other people and get help really fast.I think wassie suggested this but nobody commented on that topic.

I think it would be a neat idea. Your right the shoutbox is very slow and i hate refreshing it to see if anyone has said anything. However the decision is up to opaque. but there are probably other things he would want to do. but i dont know what he would want to do. but yeah the chatroom thing seems like it is a good idea

well i m also looking for flash based chatroom scripts if u got to any site then pls notify me :D or simply pm me.--- Well this shoutbox is very slow---

well i think its a fast and efficient way to communicate but i think if we have a chatroom and the admin enters i think he might get flooded with questions and suggestions... just a problem that might arise, it might not happen but it could be a problem. Plus if we have a chat that might reduce the amount of posting aswell, these are some of the downsides but still i think its a valid idea.

What about an IRC channel on dalnet(or somesuch) or even a Xisto irc server? it would be much less laggy than one of those cgi/php/java chat systems(like the invision add-on) but i guess that would be harder to manage....but still, IRC>most other group chat systems.

Wassie had a link before for a flash chatroom that would work with invision board..
It look really good and it looked fast. You can have moderators and admins
I think it was this but not sure.
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I would like to have something that i won't have to download or install any software in order to chat with some one. Like mirc and programs like those i hate them can you have to download them.

I haven't been using irc that much.. but irc is still one of the options that opaque should consider :D