xisto Community
NNNOOOOOO

The Most Common Lie?

"I have read and agree to the terms of use"

- Facebook, become a fan of...
Seriously, how many people has not lied about that.
Another lie is "No", or "I understand".
My personal favorite:
Q:Are you paying attention?
A:Yes.

What do you think is the most common lie?

Q:Does this make me look fat?/Do I look fat?A:No.(at school)Q:Were you smoking in there?A:No.Q:Sir, have you been drinking tonight?A:No.(gets huge number on breathalyser and fails sobriety test)

this is a really good topic. i can't possibly say what the most common lie is, but here's one....q: are we there yet?a: almost!andq: can you spare some change?a: no!

"I have read and agree to the terms of use"

Wow, I would of never thought of that one, but what a good possibility! Smart thinking! I have scrolled past so many of those it's not even funny, knowing you have to check the box at the end of the list of rules and you can't sign up if you don't so why bother reading?

My guess for most common lie is either I love you, or I didn't do it! Certainly, I'm innocent is way up there too. I wonder if the dog ate my homework would even make the top 10? Then there is always, Your my favorite. Or, I didn't mean it. I'm sure we've all said things that didn't come out right, or sounded a lot meaner once we said them and realized how they could of hurt someone's feelings.
How about, Yes, I am 21 years of age?
This could get really difficult deciding which would be the most popular.

for me, this isthe most common lie i say, only people who close to me know i am lying in here :) Q:are you feeling ok?A:yeah i am.

Q:How do you like those clothes?A:I love them.I'm not scared/afraid.I can *insert random skill here*.I love *insert item/place here*When a few people (including me) was asked why we didn't turn our work in, everyone replied "I lost it". I was little more honest though. I said, "Because I didn't do it, and I lost some of it." I really did lose some of it.

for me, this isthe most common lie i say, only people who close to me know i am lying in here :)
Q:are you feeling ok?
A:yeah i am.

I've lost count of the number of times I've told that lie myself. By far the most common one. And so far people always miss the fact I'm lying, or they just don't want to ask again :P

Hah, I loved the one about agreeing to the terms of use. It's amazing how many people download programs or books and things like that and then try to sell them under the basis that "I didn't agree to any terms." When you *show* them the terms they agreed to it turns into "well, they should have made it more obvious what they meant. Since they didn't I really didn't agree to them" and things like that.It happens a lot with people on CraigsList who buy something like Adobe for $1k and then sell burned copies for $40 under the condition that they never agreed *not* to burn and sell the copies.

It wasn't me.It was his/her fault.
I only had one.
I can/can't do this.
I'm telling the truth/I'm serious.

- my sister
Edited by NNNOOOOOO (see edit history)

The most common lie I have come across over the years is about age.

Question: How old are you?

Answer: You fill it in; that is, if I can trust you not to lie. :lol:

The most common lie on this forum is :Q. What happened to mycents ?A. They'll update soon. :P(Okay, don't bash me for this just kidding).

The most common lie on this forum is :
Q. What happened to mycents ?
A. They'll update soon. :P

(Okay, don't bash me for this just kidding).

Nice.

I love windows. (actually, I've had no major problems with it [running xp+vista]).

I've lost count of the number of times I've told that lie myself. By far the most common one. And so far people always miss the fact I'm lying, or they just don't want to ask again

:) good so we share this lie now ;)
we are buddies in lying :)
for me, i am so convincing, so no one could know that i am really lying only people who knows me very well :) .

another common lie for me:

Q: did you burn the food again?
A: OF COURSE NOT :D

but i always do :P
Edited by web_designer (see edit history)

:) good so we share this lie now ;) we are buddies in lying :)
for me, i am so convincing, so no one could know that i am really lying only people who knows me very well :) .

another common lie for me:

Q: did you burn the food again?
A: OF COURSE NOT :D

but i always do :P

lol, I'm very careful when cooking so I don't really burn anything. If I'm cooking meat, for example, I don't set and forget it -- I ensure I'm in the kitchen the entire time cleaning or reading.

I really can't think of any lies I say... Through many years of life I've learned that lying only makes things worse -- not better. I'm much more worried about the future than the current, so ensuring I'm always honest helps out greatly with my goals. Not to mention it's a lot better when something happens and they ask "did you do this?" and can trust you when you say "no." That alone makes being honest worth more to me than anything.

The way I see it -- if you are doing something you're ashamed of -- you shouldn't be doing it in the first place.