xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
NNNOOOOOO

"power Calibration Error" file inside

An external DVD burner gives me this error. A copy of the error is attached.
Log.txt

It says power calibration error.

If you've put up the DVD writter in a case, I think you're case is not supplying enough power to the DVD-writter. It must be reading some of the CD's but not writting any CD or DVD :)

Happened to me once.

You've got 2 more drives besides the Sony one ,
Check if those are working fine

OPTORITE CD-RW CW4801 F: CDRom0
LITE-ON CD-RW SOHR-5239V D: CDRom1
SONY DVD RW DRU-510A G: CDRom2

and I am assuming that Sony DRU 510A is the External one since that is the one for which this log was generated.

You can try connecting this as an internal drive and then see if it works properly. That ways you can be sure that the case is faulty.

Hope this helps.

It says power calibration error.
If you've put up the DVD writter in a case, I think you're case is not supplying enough power to the DVD-writter. It must be reading some of the CD's but not writting any CD or DVD :)

Happened to me once.

You've got 2 more drives besides the Sony one ,
Check if those are working fine

OPTORITE CD-RW CW4801 F: CDRom0
LITE-ON CD-RW SOHR-5239V D: CDRom1
SONY DVD RW DRU-510A G: CDRom2

and I am assuming that Sony DRU 510A is the External one since that is the one for which this log was generated.

You can try connecting this as an internal drive and then see if it works properly. That ways you can be sure that the case is faulty.

Hope this helps.

I don't know what you mean by "in a case". It looks like this one:
http://cdn1.ioffer.com/img/1098946800/_i/4218632/1.jpg
The other two do work. This certain drive has an external power supply. It will read CDs/DVDs but can't write to them. I think it wrote to a CD once with my dad's PC.

Seems there are a few people who have had your problem, if you search on google for "Sony DRU 510A Power Calibration". I never saw a solution but I only had a quick look. Could you try another Disc or brand of Disc? Maybe your dad had some old ones left?Also, check out this page:http://sony.storagesupport.com/product/104%23driversYou might want to run the official Firmware upgrade for your product. Then try their diagnostic tool to see if it provides any information.You could e-mail Sony tech support maybe they'd have a better idea.

Seems there are a few people who have had your problem, if you search on google for "Sony DRU 510A Power Calibration". I never saw a solution but I only had a quick look. Could you try another Disc or brand of Disc? Maybe your dad had some old ones left?
Also, check out this page:

http://sony.storagesupport.com/product/104%23drivers

You might want to run the official Firmware upgrade for your product. Then try their diagnostic tool to see if it provides any information.

You could e-mail Sony tech support maybe they'd have a better idea.

I ran the update and tried to burn a DVD, Here's the new error (I didn't look at it yet):
Log.txt

The diagnostics:
write mode: Failed
read mode: Not performed

I could not save that error, so I typed it from memory.

Ok.
You have a Normal DVD writer which has been put in a case.
You've got two options -
1. u can try and remove it from the case and put it in your CPU
That ways, we will know if the case is faulty or the writer (if the writer works perfectly after putting it in the case)

3. If its still under manufacturer's warranty. Try calling them up and ask them to fix it.

As for the firmware update. I am not sure if you did it write. and What utility did u use for it ?
I once had a similar problem with a Sony DVD writer, and I screwed up big time. It was able to write but not read anything. :)
All the DVDs were listed as CDs with nothing on it. Later, I had a guy fix it by reflashing it.

I ran the update and tried to burn a DVD, Here's the new error (I didn't look at it yet):Log.txt

The diagnostics:
write mode: Failed
read mode: Not performed

I could not save that error, so I typed it from memory.

Ok. You have a Normal DVD writer which has been put in a case.
You've got two options -
1. u can try and remove it from the case and put it in your CPU
That ways, we will know if the case is faulty or the writer (if the writer works perfectly after putting it in the case)

3. If its still under manufacturer's warranty. Try calling them up and ask them to fix it.

As for the firmware update. I am not sure if you did it write. and What utility did u use for it ?
I once had a similar problem with a Sony DVD writer, and I screwed up big time. It was able to write but not read anything. :)
All the DVDs were listed as CDs with nothing on it. Later, I had a guy fix it by reflashing it.

OK, I figured out what you meant by "in a case". It is now connected internally.
Log.txt