xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
-Sky-

Domain Crisis [resolved]

Hey.I'm trying to forward a domain from my Client Area to my subdomain here..and well...it's giving me issues. I've submitted a ticket like 20 or so minutes ago, and have doubts that the ticket will get a response quickly...most likely get a reply in like 4 days. -_-Seriously. OQ, Submitting Support Tickets is longer than getting support directly from here. And Xisto is inactive.Basically what's wrong is, I've parked my domain "thespiritualportal.com" onto "thespiritualportal.trap17.com" but the .COM domain directs to the home of .trap17.com. I don't want the .com domain having any relations with the subdomain by showing it. I want it to have JUST "thespiritualportal.com/forums" etc.Help here would be much much appreciated than Support Tickets, where it takes 2-3 and a half days to get a single reply.Thanks

Hey.
I'm trying to forward a domain from my Client Area to my subdomain here..and well...it's giving me issues. I've submitted a ticket like 20 or so minutes ago, and have doubts that the ticket will get a response quickly...most likely get a reply in like 4 days. -_-

Seriously. OQ, Submitting Support Tickets is longer than getting support directly from here. And Xisto is inactive.

Basically what's wrong is, I've parked my domain "thespiritualportal.com" onto "thespiritualportal.trap17.com" but the .COM domain directs to the home of .trap17.com. I don't want the .com domain having any relations with the subdomain by showing it. I want it to have JUST "thespiritualportal.com/forums" etc.

Help here would be much much appreciated than Support Tickets, where it takes 2-3 and a half days to get a single reply.

Thanks

Check to see if you have any Domain Forwarders on (in your CPanel). If you park a domain but don't have a forwarder then it should take over the site on its own (using the new domain). That's how mine all worked.

However, with forwarders it will still use the old domain.

first of all, you shouldn't be parking your domain. you need to ADD that domain. so just add a new domain through your cpanel and make sure your domain settings are ok. from there, just forward your .com domain to thespiritualportal.com/forums or wherever you want.

exactly. an addon domain because any parked domain will automatically be forwarded to you sub domain.

What are the nameservers? (ns.computinghost.com or ns1.computinghost.com)? I know the ns2 nameserver, but not sure about the first one.And I used my thegtasector.com domain as a parked domain, I don't understand why it's not working here. :(

The nameservers are ns1.computinghost.com and ns2.computinghost.com
I just set mine up yesterday.

ummm you might want to double check your name servers then rpg. the correct name servers are:

ns.computinghost.com
ns2.computinghost.com

sky- you need to wait for everything to propogate. it takes a few hours to a couple days. also, please tell me you unparked your domain :)
Edited by anwiii (see edit history)

ummm you might want to double check your name servers then rpg. the correct name servers are:
ns.computinghost.com
ns2.computinghost.com

sky- you need to wait for everything to propogate. it takes a few hours to a couple days. also, please tell me you unparked your domain :)

Weird, for some reason I always thought it was NS1 and NS2. Just read the FAQ's though and you're right.

Well, mine's always been fine as-is so I won't bother changing anything.

I've sent another reply to my ticket. I have no idea why, I guess I wasted like 2 minutes on the ticket crap...for what? I mean, it's not going to get a response for like...4 days. <_<OpaQue, hire more damn Support Staff mate...this companies Support sucks! It's worse than 000webhosts... -_-

Edited by -Sky- (see edit history)

I've sent another reply to my ticket. I have no idea why, I guess I wasted like 2 minutes on the ticket crap...for what? I mean, it's not going to get a response for like...4 days. <_<
OpaQue, hire more damn Support Staff mate...this companies Support sucks! It's worse than 000webhosts... -_-

you're right. it's definately not the best. this is bad timing because it's a weekend so yea, don't expect much til the weekend is over.

In cases like this, its best to get your BASE domain changed. You need to send a ticket asking SUPPORT to change your base domain from xxx.trap17.com to your new Domain.com.Thank you,shree