xisto Community
The Simpleton

Spain Wins The 2010 World Cup

For many people the world cup was over when Brazil and then Argentina exited suddenly. After that quite a few people (including an octopus) expected that Spain would win easily over the Netherlands. They did win, but not exactly in style. Spain won the world cup but they certainly got a good fight from the opposition. Still, they deserve the victory, so congratulations Spain! This was a weird world-cup in many ways and I'm glad it's finally over and I'm even more glad that it went off peacefully. That's an important thing for the host country. So where is the next world cup gonna be? Lol I'm so weak on Soccer GK :P

yea, i am finally glad kickball is finally over too. it's about as fun to watch as watching grass grow

I wasn't actively watching all of the games of this World cup (most of the time when I was watching, I was doing some work on my PC), but I can say that the only interesting games were when Germany played against someone. Still, I didn't want for Germany to win the World cup, but for either Spain or England (I was kind of disappointed when they lost against Germany, but it was better for the entire championship). Since England lost, it was obvious that I'll be supporting Spain. So... You could say a country I wanted to win, won.But when my country does not play, I don't want for anyone to win - I only wind against someone :DAs for the final game (or, the grand finale); I was hoping for a better game. Not for Netherlands to kill all the players, and for Spain to do almost nothing, with all the great players they have. I wanted 3:2, or something like that - which was kind of unrealistic. I mean, Spain scored that much in the entire knock-out phase. :D

I hardly saw any matches in this world cup either. I've managed to be travelling or be out whenever any big match was going on , and was never keen on watching the others. Good that Spain won though. Happy for Paul more than anyone else :)

yea, i am finally glad kickball is finally over too. it's about as fun to watch as watching grass grow

Hahah! You are just like a typical American Anwiii :D People would rather watch infomercials than watch soccer. I only watched US and Germany games -- and of course the finals :P

Don't be mad because Ghana handed your 'bottoms' to you on a plate. I watched that, and pretty much all the USA matches (just because I didn't realize the USA had a team). The USA weren't bad.

Lol it's no surprise that anwiii doesn't like football :P I haven't watched many matches either. In fact I missed the finals, coz it started at midnight over here. I didn't feel it was worth losing my sleep for, so I caught the match on youtube in the morning. In some ways it was a special world cup (shock exits, paul, etc) but it was also a bit boring to be honest. Something special was missing and I hope the next one covers it up.

yeah, so spin won, and i thought it will be brazil this year, but unfortunately it was not. but i am kind of satisfied because i love spin as a country and we always say it is a game and let's the best wins. and even i didn't follow the whole matches, but i was following the results through the net after all it is interesting to see all the players do their best and competing like that, the fans getting crazy, ...ect, i love the world cup :) . so i will say congratulation to spin and seeya till the next world cup.

yeah, so spin won, and i thought it will be brazil this year, but unfortunately it was not. but i am kind of satisfied because i love spin as a country and we always say it is a game and let's the best wins.
and even i didn't follow the whole matches, but i was following the results through the net after all it is interesting to see all the players do their best and competing like that, the fans getting crazy, ...ect, i love the world cup :) . so i will say congratulation to spin and seeya till the next world cup.

Naaah, the players didn't give their best. Well, maybe Iker Cassilias (Spain or Spin, as you called it :)) and Diego Forlan (Uruguay) tried. And also, Germany did their best.

But, other countries (like England or Portugal, Brazil) - nada. :D

Congratz to Spain. Andres Iniesta must have been feeling pretty awesome when he scored. I watched some of the match at my friends house. They were pretty crazy about FIFA so they made me watch some. I pretty much popped in and out of the room every few minutes to watch for a little bit. The only thing that bothers me about FIFA is that it takes forever for one team to score a goal. It was 0-0 when the game went overtime.

I am happy to see that the world cup is over. This was a weird world cup in all the ways you see, first of all the champion: Spain. A team that really didn?t deserve to win and I can?t no explain how they could get the way to be in the final. For me the World cup ends when Spain defeat to Germany because I thougth that maybe that finally proof the news before the world cup that some mafias in Spain and Rusia bougth referees to be sure that Spain win the world cup and make money with the bets. Spain isn?t better team than Brazil or Argentina. I think that referees have a lot of responsability with this weird world cup and a lot people think like me.I can?t post congratulation Spain because I feel that Spain had a lot of help from a lot of sources to win the world cup. First of all was the elimination of the hoster: South Africa. I am suspecting how could South Africa be damaged by the referees in two matches versus Uruguay and versus France. The hoster team have to be favorite because they are in their home and their public. Second I hate some things about the football that I feel don?t have to occur like the hand in the match Ghana versus Uruguay. Hand that eliminates Ghana without deserve the elimination. This world cup have a lot of doubts with a lot of football fans. Proof of that in my country anyone talked about the world cup two hours later the match(except for the spanish commnunity). Honduras was Spain?s opponent in the groups round and in my country there are proofs that Spain pay to the honduran players to lose with them and later to get the draw with Switerland that Spain needed to get the ticket to round of 16?s.This corruption is not allowed in front all the planet like witness. Come here and say "Congratulations Spain" is be with the corrupt people who organized all this trap called South Africa 2010 world cup.Think before come here to congratulate to a corrupt country.

But, other countries (like England or Portugal, Brazil) - nada.

hey, don't say that, right i didn't follow the matches fully this year, but from what i saw, brazil played well, maybe the players didn't put all their effort and didn't do their best but still they played well, don't accuse them in front of my face :P , just kidding. but i am sure they play well but not the best way they could.

hey, don't say that, right i didn't follow the matches fully this year, but from what i saw, brazil played well, maybe the players didn't put all their effort and didn't do their best but still they played well, don't accuse them in front of my face :P , just kidding. but i am sure they play well but not the best way they could.

Maybe they tried, but they sure did not live up to their expectations. :)

I wanted Brazil and Argentina to play against each other at some point in the championship, but that didn't happen. Maybe for the better, maybe for the worse. As I said, they did not play the best they could.

And Brazil... Well, they've played a different (defensive, ugly, call-it-whatever-you-want football) kind of football than we were used to see from them.

Brazil Vs Argentina would indeed have been great to watch and I was expecting the final to be a showdown between these two teams. But it was a shame to watch them leave so early. Brazil was struggling from the beginning but Argentina was in superb form right until they lost. It was a tournament full of upsets and the exit of these two teams was the biggest of them all.

Well, this means that Americans won't care about soccer for about another 4 years! And that's how I like it... now its back to b'ball talk and football talk! Thank God Soccer is only meant to be watched by americans every other world cup.