xisto Community
rpgsearcherz

Coke Vs Pepsi Which Do You Prefer?

Hey guys, just wondering which one of these two you prefer (even if you do not drink them, if you had the choice between the two and that's all that was available, which one would you want?).I'm curious because in my family I seem to be the only one who likes Coke.I find it to be a more acidic taste, rather than extremely sugary and "weak" tasting. Really I can't stand Pepsi at all. And yes, I know Coke is "bad" for us, but what isn't? Anything that tastes good is bad for you, :P.Sooooo, where do you guys stand? And why?

Hey guys, just wondering which one of these two you prefer (even if you do not drink them, if you had the choice between the two and that's all that was available, which one would you want?).
I'm curious because in my family I seem to be the only one who likes Coke.

I find it to be a more acidic taste, rather than extremely sugary and "weak" tasting. Really I can't stand Pepsi at all. And yes, I know Coke is "bad" for us, but what isn't? Anything that tastes good is bad for you, :P.

Sooooo, where do you guys stand? And why?

in general, i hate both of them :) but sometimes when i should choose between them then i choose pepsi, why? because i think it tastes better than coke and for some reason we are as a family mostly drink pepsi, maybe it is a tradition, i don't know. and when they bring some, i don't drink from it at all if it is coke, but i could drink a little if it is pepsi.

I prefer Cow Water. Not really. I rarely drink either Pepsi or Coke now, but if I were going to drink it would definitely be Coke. There's no comparison. Coke is more "fizzy". Coke has a stronger taste (you described Pepsi accurately as weak). Pepsi is way too sweet.

Rum and Coke is popular drink. Rum and Pepsi is practically non existent and for good reason. Pepsi is not even in the same league as Coke.

I prefer Cow Water. Not really. I rarely drink either Pepsi or Coke now, but if I were going to drink it would definitely be Coke. There's no comparison. Coke is more "fizzy". Coke has a stronger taste (you described Pepsi accurately as weak). Pepsi is way too sweet.

Rum and Coke is popular drink. Rum and Pepsi is practically non existent and for good reason. Pepsi is not even in the same league as Coke.

I think the stronger taste you describe would be the acid part of it (Coke is very acidic). People bring up how it can eat meat off bones when left in a bowl and stuff, as well as eating battery acid, but our bodies are able to break down the chemicals fine -- that's why it doesn't hurt us.

Although about the rum + (?), I don't drink so, :P.

I like a lot the Coke and I drink it almost all days. I know that the Coke mays hurts us but like you everything taste good and hurt us. The pepsi is fine too but I prefer the Coke. I dont know how the Pepsi can say that they earn more money than the Coke if in every place I go everybody prefer the Coke before the Pepsi.In my country there are rumors that the Pepsi contained in the 80?s a little bit of marihuana but I never knew if this version was truth. they said that pepsi used Latin america to make experiments to make the pepsi a little more addictive like the coke but the experiment couldn?t make the pepsi more addicted.I prefer coke before the pepsi, but when there isn?t coke I drink pepsi. Bye.

I like a lot the Coke and I drink it almost all days. I know that the Coke mays hurts us but like you everything taste good and hurt us. The pepsi is fine too but I prefer the Coke. I dont know how the Pepsi can say that they earn more money than the Coke if in every place I go everybody prefer the Coke before the Pepsi.
In my country there are rumors that the Pepsi contained in the 80´s a little bit of marihuana but I never knew if this version was truth. they said that pepsi used Latin america to make experiments to make the pepsi a little more addictive like the coke but the experiment couldn´t make the pepsi more addicted.

I prefer coke before the pepsi, but when there isn´t coke I drink pepsi. Bye.

Pepsi never had marijuana but Coke used to have small bits of Cocaine in it (that's where the name originated from). It doesn't anymore, of course (or at least... not that we know of, :P).

What is there to talk about in a discussion Coke vs. Pepsi?Although I don't sense a particularly big difference between the two of them I'm almost positive I'd always drink coke instead of Pepsi. I don't know why, but I believe it's more because Coke is a more recognizable brand (i.e. they have commercials everywhere), which means I'm not just judging by the taste. :lol: I know, I'm not fair.As for the marijuana/coke and other drugs, like I said in another topic about Google (we weren't talking about drugs, though :D); I don't think a big company like Coca-cola would sacrifice their presence on the market and their reputation by putting a known bad and addictive matter (not in sense of "it'll make you fat", but in the sense "it'll kill you") to their drinks.Coke FTW! :D

As for the marijuana/coke and other drugs, like I said in another topic about Google (we weren't talking about drugs, though :D); I don't think a big company like Coca-cola would sacrifice their presence on the market and their reputation by putting a known bad and addictive matter (not in sense of "it'll make you fat", but in the sense "it'll kill you") to their drinks.
Coke FTW! :D

It's not from Google -- it's a fact. Ask anyone who was alive when Coke was first made -- it wasn't a hidden message or anything, it was very public. It was also legal at the time.

You have to understand that drugs were not always illegal; in fact, some are just recently being illegalized. So they weren't doing anything to "harm" anyone or destroy their reputation. There was absolutely nothing wrong with it.

It's kind of like when alcohol was illegalized. It didn't mean every company that sold it prior got a negative image -- it just simply meant there was a change in the legality of it (and of course it was re-legalized later on).

It's not from Google -- it's a fact. Ask anyone who was alive when Coke was first made -- it wasn't a hidden message or anything, it was very public. It was also legal at the time.
You have to understand that drugs were not always illegal; in fact, some are just recently being illegalized. So they weren't doing anything to "harm" anyone or destroy their reputation. There was absolutely nothing wrong with it.

It's kind of like when alcohol was illegalized. It didn't mean every company that sold it prior got a negative image -- it just simply meant there was a change in the legality of it (and of course it was re-legalized later on).

No, no.... You misunderstood me. :)

When we were talking about Google in another topic, I also said that they wouldn't sacrifice their reputation just so they can collect information about their users (the comment is yet to be moderated, though :)). The reference to Google was about reputation sacrifice, so to speak. :)

I realise drugs weren't always illegal, but I also realize that now, when we've seen the bad influence they have on the behaviour of many people, It'd be bad publicity for a company to put drugs in their beverages. ;)

There's plenty of reasons not to go anywhere near anything produced by The Coca-Cola Company: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ least PepsiCo's list of criticisms is far shorter, and the allegations seem more trivial: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PepsiCo which do I drink? Normally, neither - I'm happy with water, fruit juice and tea :P But if I do drink one, it's always Pepsi.

Coke definatly gets my vote, and basicly for the same reasons everyone else has already stated, pepsi is way too sweet and just not as refreshing as Coke.

Coke definatly gets my vote, and basicly for the same reasons everyone else has already stated, pepsi is way too sweet and just not as refreshing as Coke.

I am now going to quote something I've read somewhere recently, and it goes like this:

It's pointless to discuss weather or not Coke is better than Pepsi, when a glass of refreshing water beats both of them. :D
(Any deviations from the previous quote are my self-interpretation of it :D)

i think dr. pepper beats all three. if it's between coke and pepsi though. coke wins hands down.

i think dr. pepper beats all three. if it's between coke and pepsi though. coke wins hands down.

I can't drink Dr. Pepper -- it gives me migraines. It's the only thing I know if that 100% of the time causes them. And it's weird. I still don't know what's in it that my body dislikes.

And @ the water comment... I have a hard time drinking plain water now. I used to be fine with it but I've gotten back into the tea/soda stage of my life again. Now when I start drinking water (as there's nothing else there) I feel nauseous and have to go to the store to get something else.

I can't drink Dr. Pepper -- it gives me migraines. It's the only thing I know if that 100% of the time causes them. And it's weird. I still don't know what's in it that my body dislikes.

And @ the water comment... I have a hard time drinking plain water now. I used to be fine with it but I've gotten back into the tea/soda stage of my life again. Now when I start drinking water (as there's nothing else there) I feel nauseous and have to go to the store to get something else.

I have no idea whatsoever about what Dr. Pepper is, so I can't objectively judge. I'm not from America, you see (and if it exists outside of the States, I have never seen it in my life). :D

I can stand water usually, but during the summer it's like I lose the taste that makes water feel good. But I still drink it, though. Strange.