xisto Community
rob86

Video Game Soundtracks You Like?

I've been thinking about the music in video games and there are a few that stood out to me. I remember the soundtrack from Total Annihilation as being exceptional. It was really intense, but no matter how many times I heard it the music only kept me in the mood to annihilate things. It never got boring.I also like the music in HitMan: Blood Money. It's very atmospheric and fits the game very well. Another series that stood out to me was the FEAR games. The different music fit the game perfectly, the industrial clanking and atmospheric sound to the comic relief scenes. There may be more, I just thought of a few.

The choice of tracks for the original Saints Row game was pretty good, and each track fitted its respective radio station very well, as well as being a good track on its own merits. Most other games these days don't seem to pay that much attention to the soundtrack, which is unfortunate. Going for older games, the music for Lemmings was fantastic, even if it did sound like it was played on a stylophone :P And of course who can forget PacMan's iconic "wakka-wakka-wakka..." :P

I think Final Fantasy has the best soundtracks. FF7 of course, but the others as well (at least 8+).Another one with good soundtracks would be Kingdom Hearts, as it has a lot of music we've already heard before (Aladdin, Lion King, etc.).

I like all the Kingdom Hearts Soundtracks, they are almost as good as the game itself. Another classic would be the Mario Soundtracks, I still like them. The best soundtracks of MMORPG's would be MapleStory, they got a plenty of good soundtracks for the cities and battle grounds!

I like all the Kingdom Hearts Soundtracks, they are almost as good as the game itself. Another classic would be the Mario Soundtracks, I still like them. The best soundtracks of MMORPG's would be MapleStory, they got a plenty of good soundtracks for the cities and battle grounds!

I didn't even know Mario had soundtracks. As far as I remember there aren't that many songs in the games (especially not the old ones).

well since i'm more into japanese RPG games (PS and PS2 btw), i don't have much knowledge about other soundtracks especially from those real-time strategy or fps PC games...i don't really have a favourite game soundtrack, sometimes i take only one or two boss/battle theme from each games and after some weeks or more i'll delete it for i'm bored with them :P but anyhow i'll mention some of the game soundtracks that i always wanted no matter how old it is. well, here they are:Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure (PS)the title said it. it is a game that almost every moment will sing for you. i don't really know who the singers is, but they really good for a PS game! the game itself not that great though, i guess it just the songs that hit me at those old timeChrono Cross (PS)have you heard the "Scars of Time"? it is the background music from the opening movie. you should hear it if you haven't. oh, and their "Brink of Death" from boss battle is good too, though it kind of boring sometimes :PChocobo theme from Final Fantasy VII (PS)too bad that i don't really like much soundtracks from final fantasy 7 (or maybe i just didn't hear it except the chocobo theme lol). well, i like funny things and THIS is real fun to hear ;)Wild Arms 4 (PS2)"over the wind", "that is where the spirit becomes certain", and "gun blaze". i like the guitar (or whatever it is), it feels good when i'm listening to it. and more plus for the "spirit blabla" since it has nice whistling along with the music :D"Confidence in the Domination" from Valkyrie Profile, Radiata Stories, and Star Ocean TET. three games with same title, same composer, different taste (you can call it some kind of re-mix i guess :P )Legend of Manathere are many from this game that i liked, but the most wanted here is the "Hometown Domina", a background music when you're in your first town, Domina. i like to hear it when i'm bored, closing my eyes and imagining good things in hope to refresh my head... oh, and this game is like one of my first games, so it DOES feels like the hometown :PTales of Destiny IIwell like i said, i like funny things. and this game has a LOT of funny themes, not to mention the funny story it also has :Pand last, the "One winged angel" from FFVII : Advent Children. well you're right, it's not a game, it's a game-based movie... but since it is a remake from the game i guess it's fine to put it here :Pi guess there are more, but i can't remember much other than these

I didn't even know Mario had soundtracks. As far as I remember there aren't that many songs in the games (especially not the old ones).

ROFL... didn't you ever play the original Mario with 'tan tan tan te te dan dan de de tan te dan' sound in it? I'm talking about the ones like that, and the sound where you go to kill the dino guy.

I feel somewhat obliged to put this video in now:http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ check out all the related videos for other classic games in their orchestral goodness :P

Oh yeah the Mario music is definitely a classic. I wonder if a couple centuries in the future, the video game themes of our era will become the Bach's and Beethoven classics's of tomorrow. Sophisticated people will be sitting around sipping wine and discussing how much emotion and complexity is in stuff like "The Mario Theme" just like they do today when listening to classical music. It would make sense, because that really is the sound that represents our digital age and it's composed with enough complexity to withstand the test of time..

Warzone2100 had (has) awesome music. Devil May Cry 3 had (has) a few interesting ones. The song Lost Courage from DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 2 is awesome. Some of the Megaman games had (have) cool music. Call of Duty World at War had (has) some interesting music. Some of the Command and Conqueror games had cool music, especially Red Alert 2. Final Fantasy 8, there were two favorites from it, The Man With The Machine Gun and the song The Landing.

I like the soundtracks from:Kingdom Hearts: I like this soundtrack. It reminds me of the times me and my friends played Kingdom Hearts back then. What a wonderful game.Final Fantasy: This was one of the best series I have ever played in my entire life. I started on FF7 and went from there. Again, the soundtracks remind myself of the old days.Chrono Cross: "Scars of Time", I haven't really played the game before but I really like that song from the soundtrack.Maplestory: Hehe, The soundtracks got stuck in my head when I played this MMORPG back then when it came out in 2005. I ended up playing this MMORPG until 2007 and then again in the in middle of 2009. I will never forget the soundtracks from this game.Super Mario: Everyone knows these songs. I can also play the theme and the overworld theme on the piano. It was also one of my favorite games.

I have a decent list of video game sound tracks I truly love as it added to the game experience. Here are a few of the following:Kingdom Hearts: This game pretty much has one of the best soundtracks I've seen added to a game. It adds so much to the story, and gives you the feel of being within the game and the struggle, happiness or anger of the characters or what dispossession they are within. From start to end, this series delivers.Final Fantasy Tactics: I loved the music in final fantasy tactics, the music somehow matched the gameplay so well. Ragnarok Online: Ragnarok Online was the first MMO I believed could have had such beautiful and mind blowing music applied to a game. Considering I started off on online games like graal online, where the music was either non existent... or just no... at that time. Ragnarok Online offered me so much to my online experience, and the music to all the different maps was indeed epic.Final Fantasy 7: Music was really good throughout the game, especially the lovely Sephiroth theme. This game obviously gets noted within my list.

I love listening to video game soundtracks. I like the Kingdom Hearts soundtracks. It reminds me of those days back when I was in elementary school and I was emotionally attached to that game. The soundtrack probably added most of the emotions into the game. I also like the Dynasty Warriors/Dynasty Tactics soundtracks.

Game Soundtracks I like:- Persona Portable 3- Kingdom Hearts Series- Suikoden II- Silent Hill Series- Fatal Frame Series- Ragnarok OnlineToo lazy to explain, but most of them are awesome.

Game Soundtracks I like:
- Persona Portable 3
- Kingdom Hearts Series
- Suikoden II
- Silent Hill Series
- Fatal Frame Series
- Ragnarok Online

Too lazy to explain, but most of them are awesome.

xDDD, I love how this is the second time that you posted in this thread. Anyways, I completely forgot about Ragnarok! While I am at it, I also really like the Minecraft piano background music. ;)