xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
burgen

Ie7

Now that microsoft has announced that IE7 is coming, let's talk about what do you want to see in IE7, here is what I want to see in IE7CSS support ---> probablyTabbed browsing ---> not going to happendownload manager ---> probablyRSS suppor ---> probablyremove directX ---> not going to happenbetter bookmark/history management ---> maybe notoverhaul of the UI ---> not going to happenremovable from windows ---> not going to happen

Hi,i would love to have tab browsing and i really do not understand why they do not support that. I am sure most of us love tabs. Does anyone knows why they do not implement tabs?By the way CSS is supported by IE6.0 not hundred per cent compliant with the standard. I hope they fix this.

I have removed IE from my system, I just went to add/remove programs and un-installed it :D

50846[/snapback]

I think when you go to uninstall IE from the add/remove programs list all it does is hide IE. The extra files and reg keys are still in your computer. It's really hard to clean up. I have a few sites you can try if you want to remove IE.

http://www.hotels-balearic-islands.com/en/aroundcny.html

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto10&%23entry260595

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us

I would not recommend uninstalling IE though because it lets you update you comp through the site. You can still use automatic update though.

i ever experienced about that in the office that using IE6.

all website using CSS always open the text in the up-left corner of the screen. so all pulldown menu cant be accessed by mouse pointer.

its funny.. terrible..

By the way CSS is supported by IE6.0 not hundred per cent compliant with the standard. I hope they fix this.

50855[/snapback]

hahaha 1e7 is going to be crap compared to Firefox. My personal opinoin is itll protect viruses and a popup blocker and that it. Microsoft has not been doing well latley, and i hope it will end up making nothing compatible with windows 200 forcing my parents to buy macs off of ebay.

hahaha 1e7 is going to be crap compared to Firefox. My personal opinoin is itll protect viruses and a popup blocker and that it. Microsoft has not been doing well  latley, and i hope it will end up making nothing compatible with windows 200 forcing my parents to buy macs off of ebay.

51180[/snapback]

Very true. I mean you look at the Service Pack 2 update....despite it upgrading the security of XP it also crashed a lot of systems costing companies millions. In addition to that, the security was so heavy that sometimes IE is unbareable to use!

Come on Microsoft your browser is not even in the top 3!

CSS support ---> probably

Tabbed browsing ---> not going to happen

I'd like to see full CSS1 support. I'd love CSS2.1. And I would die for some CSS3. But right now I'm just hoping for some CSS bug fixes and some additional things supported. However, I'm only hestitantly hopeful, MS are well known for fearing to break anything, and (sadly enough) fixing some rendering bugs would break a whole lot of webpages which are using hacks to make IE6 display things properly. Anne van Kesteren writes a pretty good possible solution in his blog.

And I do think they'll add tabbed browsing. All popular browsers have it, and I think they will finally add it as well. Actually, it'll probably be a lot like Maxthon or Avant Browser. Except perhaps ad-blocking? I've heard people suggest that if MS would add ad-blocking to IE they would probably get sued, a lot.

Whatever happens, It'll be interesting to see, and I am looking forward to seeing what they'll release.