xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
web_designer

The Beauty Of Being Part Of A Community...

i know my topic's title looks weird, but let me please explain it to you.

it is kind of a game, or let's say, stating facts about everyone in this forum but in a fun and nice way.

my point in here, is to bring up the beauty of how individuals could be part of a big community and what that brings to them. and i used the word "beauty", because it is really a beautiful image to see a wide varies of people who even don't know each other, and didn't see each other and help each other in so many ways.

so, all i want from you, is sharing us your experiences in this forum, by writing the name of ever member who helped you in here, and what did he do for you. if it is kind of private thing ;) then just write his name and add something like that ( :) ).

i know helping others is the core of the forum, but away from generals, still there are some special things that others did them for you, and they should be since you still keep them in mind, right?

i really think it is fun, and refreshing thing to do, and will bring good memories. now, i will start, i will try to remember everyone, but if i forgot someone please forgive me. and if i remembered anyone else i will repost again:

- mahesh2k, he shows me the steps of a domain migration, he even bothered himself to find some good links to show me how :) .

- anwiii, he helped me setting up my site on my new domain, i remember i almost drove him crazy because i was about messing things up :P .

- saint_michael, he gave me some good advices about how to charge a website, and he was incredibly right.

- baniboy, that young man helped me to use a better font in my blog, and helped me fix my blog in opera, and he was really good at that ;) .

- opaque, well he didn't do anything for me :D , NO he did,i am just kidding. all i will say i asked him for a favor, twice, and he never let me down ( :) )

well, it seems i can't remember more, but i will repost if i remembered anything else.

and in advance, thank you for sharing :) .

wow. great post wd!you know i have been a member here for a while now. i have had many ups and downs. most people know me as being the most vocal in a rude or harsh way in my bluntness. what some people DON'T know me for is... over time, i feel a lot of people have helped me here and for different reasons. it's really hard to make a complete list and vocalize what these individuals mean to me. i think most people have helped me in ways that they don't even know but it's hard to put it in to words. i think if i were to name one person who helped me the most, it would be opaque. i admire how he built this forum from the ground up. i admire his patience and understanding. i admire his spirituality and beliefs. i highly respect he can put up with my bluntness sometimes even when he may disagree or wish i was never here sometimes. i admire his work ethic and his perseverance. i also highly respect his trust he has in his moderators and even his admin, buffalohelp. this man has many many great qualities and i notice them and in some ways, i have learned from him by just watching him in the background.to start listing people wont do a list any justice if i forget anyone so i can't really make a list. this forum is not just for knowledge in posting and reading posts, this forum has built itself a community that is ever changing. i am one who likes to open myself up to others and involve myself with others on a more personal level. that's why i think the chat room was a great thing to implement. i have also noticed that for a chat room, there is a lot of respect given in there. with this new chat room, the community as a whole has risen to a new level and i have learned different things from so many different people.

well nice thread WD..it is kind of appreciating people here..Im new to this place and was welcomes nicely ..And being new to this place i have not talked to many.Although i have not asked for help.. :P Still i would like to thank all people for the good attitude and making it a fun place for me to visit.

thank you anwiii and chini for your replies. and right , my topic is about showing appreciation and bringing happy memories between us :) .and i hope more members will join us here, I DARE YOU GUYS TO JOIN ME ...so could you?? ;)

I also agree that this site is good community-wise, when you only factor in those who want to be part of it. It's very clear who is posting to help and be helped, and who is posting with the hope that their spam will get them hosting.There are a select few here that have shown time and time again that they *enjoy* the community, and wish to continue being part of it. I won't go into names or anything because I don't want to make anyone feel bad that I left them out -- but you know who you are.I do hope at some point we can rebuild the site back to where it once was -- flourishing with tons of new conversations, lots of different views on various topics, etc. It's always fun to see others' opinions on different things and compare your view to theirs -- you can learn a lot about not only others but yourself as well.

I do hope at some point we can rebuild the site back to where it once was -- flourishing with tons of new conversations, lots of different views on various topics, etc. It's always fun to see others' opinions on different things and compare your view to theirs -- you can learn a lot about not only others but yourself as well.

i FULLY agree with you,this community in spite of everything gives us a lot, and we always have to do our best to keep it going and developing more and more. just like mahesh said once, it brings joy to our lives, where we don't have no life. well, i have a life :P but i needed to be part of something this good, and i know even i get along with my life, and get busy but i will never leave this community, because for some odd reason, this community attracts those who are educated and had good heart to help and support and those who are full of acknowledge and have a deep thinking mind. all these make this community so special and unique. and this is exactly the beautiful image i see in here, it is like a garden full of different roses each one different from the other but all blend together to give an amazing image :) . sorry for guys for calling you flowers :D .

Great thread web designer! We need a bit of moral boosting here at this time! Smart of you to think this one up! Great timing, your a pretty sharp cookie! (if you can call me a flower I can call you a cookie, right? :) ) I have to agree with anwii, I would hate to start a list, and then forget to put someone on it. Everyone here has always been very helpful if I had a problem, and also just plain old friendly and non judgmental. I have to tell you, after years of being on internet boards, and getting seriously thrashed because I raise dogs, I did not expect to be treated like a human being when I first started posting here. I keep expecting to get attacked by an animal rights nut job, but I've been here 2 years now and still no problems. I find that truely amazing.

thank you anwiii and chini for your replies. and right , my topic is about showing appreciation and bringing happy memories between us :) .
and i hope more members will join us here, I DARE YOU GUYS TO JOIN ME ...so could you?? ;)

Nice THREAD! We could really have some in this forum hahaha... hmmm, let me think.. ok... here is my list -

- @anwiii The wise ol' sage... he has taught me a great deal the past year... like how to abuse children and stuff :P
- @baniboy showed me the COOL way to wear some pimp glasses.. and some photoshop too...
- @OpaQue showed me how to be a good admin (is that sucking up? :D)
- @web_designer great advice giver! and a good critic too!

I wish more people will start doing it now!

Great thread web designer! We need a bit of moral boosting here at this time! Smart of you to think this one up! Great timing, your a pretty sharp cookie! (if you can call me a flower I can call you a cookie, right? )

you can call me that honey :) , and you are a flower living between dogs ;) god help you.

and i really liked your reply you, rpgsearcherz and anwiii, you guys made me look bad by my short list :blush: , but i like your replies anyway, thank you.

Nice THREAD! We could really have some in this forum hahaha... hmmm, let me think.. ok... here is my list -

- @anwiii The wise ol' sage... he has taught me a great deal the past year... like how to abuse children and stuff

- @baniboy showed me the COOL way to wear some pimp glasses.. and some photoshop too...

- @OpaQue showed me how to be a good admin (is that sucking up? )

- @web_designer great advice giver! and a good critic too!

I wish more people will start doing it now!

this is so funny deadmad:P i liked it a lot, as expected from you of course ;) ,thanks for adding spice to my topic.

and hope more to accept my dare in here ;)

uh oh. she DARED people to post in this thread! who will be next? who has the guts? who are going to be the ones who chicken out? stay tuned!

uh oh. she DARED people to post in this thread! who will be next? who has the guts? who are going to be the ones who chicken out? stay tuned!

Hahaha... are YOU chickening out? You haven't posted anything... yet. Are you up the challenge, young jedi? Let the force be with you... and remember that alligators might bite ;)

Hahaha... are YOU chickening out? You haven't posted anything... yet. Are you up the challenge, young jedi? Let the force be with you... and remember that alligators might bite

he was the first one who accepted my challenge deadmad ;)
he could read between the lines, and knew i dared others to post in here :)
now hope more to contribute too.

he was the first one who accepted my challenge deadmad ;) he could read between the lines, and knew i dared others to post in here :)
now hope more to contribute too.

Ohhhh.... so were just asking them reply to the thing... i thought they had to make a 'list' like you did to take up the dare... okay now you just made it too easy! I thought it was like a game where everyone lists what the other person helped them with... seems like i was wrong.

i feel that i should add something to this topic, i think there is another interesting side of being part of a big community. here you can discuss, share ideas compete or even fight with others :P it is something like being in a family or between close friends. sometimes you may feel bad or angry or annoyed but you will always know that those people were next by you in a way or another, and you will be appreciated to them and feel better because you will always be part of this community no matter what.

i feel that i should add something to this topic, i think there is another interesting side of being part of a big community. here you can discuss, share ideas compete or even fight with others :P it is something like being in a family or between close friends. sometimes you may feel bad or angry or annoyed but you will always know that those people were next by you in a way or another, and you will be appreciated to them and feel better because you will always be part of this community no matter what.

I couldn't help but post here after reading the fighting with others part. Fighting is a true sign of friendship and family. It's the one thing that shows you can disagree on things, and resolving the problems shows there is enough care for one another that you don't let the confrontation affect the friendships/family.

Although, you guys make me feel like this isn't so much a family as it is an occult. Just so you know, I'm keeping all of my belongings and I am *not* drinking the kool-aid.