xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
NNNOOOOOO

Can You Use Vb Scripting To Password Protect A Flash Drive? I know the inputbox function.

Last time I lent out a flash drive, it got erased of all files, and received new ones. I want to password protect a flash drive to prevent that from happening again.

First of all, if you lend out your pen drive, you are obviously giving it out with full access. After password protect your pen drive, what is the point of lending it out if they're not going to be able to use it ? I suggest you backup or delete all your data from the pen drive before giving it out , and if you feel you'll need the data on the pen drive when you get it back, zip it or rar it with a password and give it. Also, it makes sense to actually tell the people you lend it out to to not delete your data and in my experience they do respect it. In fact, I have loaned out my ipod to my friends bf whom I dont even know, but he used it and when he gave it back, it had the exact same data as when I had given it out.

First of all, if you lend out your pen drive, you are obviously giving it out with full access. After password protect your pen drive, what is the point of lending it out if they're not going to be able to use it ? I suggest you backup or delete all your data from the pen drive before giving it out , and if you feel you'll need the data on the pen drive when you get it back, zip it or rar it with a password and give it. Also, it makes sense to actually tell the people you lend it out to to not delete your data and in my experience they do respect it. In fact, I have loaned out my ipod to my friends bf whom I dont even know, but he used it and when he gave it back, it had the exact same data as when I had given it out.

Yeah, I don't see why you would need to password protect it either. But I think he means to password only certain files to make them unwritable (read-only).

Also, word of advice to those of you who don't know. Flash drives run on a battery. When the battery dies all of the information is lost. Always, always back up your flash information in case that happens. There are other things that can cause it to go as well, such as a spontaneous wipe (but that's rare), so always back up the data.

I lent it out so that the person could use some of the data on it. When he wasn't around, hid dad got it and deleted the data on it. The guys dad din't know it was mine. I want it so that you need a password to do anything with it. I'll give the person the password, that way he can access the data and no one else can delete anything on it.