xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
challengerboy

New Symbol For The Rupee new

Hi All,

There is something for us to cheer about.

The Indian rupee is all set to get its own unique symbol, joining the elite club of other international currencies, such as, dollar, pound sterling, euro and the yen as currencies with an identity that is recognisable worldwide.
The Cabinet will decide on the matter on Thursday. A symbol reflecting the Hindi alphabet 'R' is likely to be approved.

Five designs had been shortlisted by the government after an all-India contest. These signs are easy to write and are specially designed to appeal to Indian and international community.

Which you would want to be the new symbol for Indian Rupee.

Notice from rvalkass:

Anything you copy must be placed in Quote tags.
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
Also moved to a more appropriate section of the forums than "The Internet > E-mail"

post-105148-081797300 1278325175_thumb.jpg

hey this is an interesting fact .We will have the change in the style of the rupee but i wish this new change is lucky for me and i hold more money than what i have right now lolBut i would like the letter R in Hindi.I think we should use more of our language in the representing icons.