xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Hussy

How To Mod Console Tutorials - Why You Should Not Use Them

You probably came here looking for a tutorial on how to mod your console with a chip. Well trust me, you shouldn't.I will explain why:First of all modding your console with a chip is illegal, but I do not think that argument would stop you.Second of all, do you know where you can get such a chip? Besides they're quite expensive.Third even if you can find a chip, you would still need some technical skills to install it. You would also have to prepare a well ventilated workspace and buy some safety equipment like a mask. Of course, you could pay someone to do it, adding to the price of the chip and if he breaks your console, you will lose your guarantee. If you haven't got either of two options, then don't bother because you probably would damage your console.Not only can a mod chip be expensive and difficult to install, it could also damage your console after installment. Not every mod chip is of the same quality and the low quality ones will damage your console.

I am not seeing the point of this post. You're saying not to modify your system because you need a chip?First of all, all modern systems can use softmods (no cost) which can be reversed.Second of all, your view of it being illegal is wrong. It is against the manufacturer's TOS but it is not a crime -- it just means you void your warranty. When you purchase something like a game system you can destroy it in any way you please.Third, a lot of us use modded systems so we can back up our games and not destroy originals. Systems like the XBOX 360 are infamous for scratching discs (PS2's had the same problem in the past).But please do not post threads like this if you do not know what you are talking about.