xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
web_designer

The Power Of Death...

i really do believe that the death holds a strong power in it, the power of breaking us and destroying our whole life, or the power of strengthening us and making us see the world in a different way.when we loose a close person in our life, we will be sad and hurt maybe for a long long time. that hurt, wound, and sadness, all these are a negative energy that may guide our life to better or worse. some people can't hold the pain and can't see the future behind that incident, so they just ruin their life.some could accept the death in a different way, and could deal with it. because this depends on the person personality, and how he thinks and sees things in life. also about their backgrounds, the society they live in, and of course their faith.FAITH is the true thing that we should believe in to deal with the meaning of death. the faith in ourselves, that we could continue and move on, the faith in god, that it is his wish not us, and here i am talking about the normal death, not killing or murder.?i always think that the life is full of options that we should choose from them very wisely, all these potions are given by god. except some destined things, that meant to be, like death, because we can't stop it ?by our will, no matter how much we try or work hard. therefore we should accept it and move on. this way, we will use the power of death to go on in life, in spite of all the pain we feel inside.?so, what do you think?

I agree, I changed big time due to the FEAR of death. The fear of death helps man bring Big changes in life. Faith grows with time but sometimes, LACK of time also helps instill faith in God in some people. Regardless, of what we say, Death is the Ultimate Truth of Reality and its inevitable.

Hmmm... I have never thought of death in that way, and i have never been afraid of it (except when i was a little kid :P and after watching horror movies). I believe that we die when we die and live life to the fullest and give it your best shot and go down swinging (or taking someone down with you :D).

The thing that I perhaps agree with the most is faith. I am not the most religious person, but I believe that one of the primary purpose of religion and faith is to help people deal with hard times. It is to give them something to believe in, to hold on to, so that they can have the courage to continue to move forward without burden. The most fearful thing about death is that we lack knowledge of it. Sense the existence of men, we have looked to the skies and asked ourselves two question. Those questions have been why are we here and why do we die (or what happens when we die). Most faiths answer both of those questions, even if they are not true, people want answers and explanations. The unknown is people biggest fear.

Regardless, of what we say, Death is the Ultimate Truth of Reality and its inevitable.

yeah, death is absolutely the ultimate truth in our life, that we can't ignore it or forget it. therefor we should use it in a positive way , so that we can continue living and be more beneficial in life. 

also, agree with you opaque, death could change our whole life,  and change how our future would be. but i always hope that this changing will be for better. even if it is not, then we should accept it and do our best to make more achievements in life. because maybe now we see our future turns to worse but later we could find the good of what happen.

I think every living organisim on the face of the earth fears death. Maybe not in the same way higher brain functioning mamamals do, but even amebas and bacteria and viruses do whatever it takes to avoid death. It is part of survival of every species. So yes, I would agree with you that it holds a great power over us. It's what we do to deal with the fear that matters. It would be pointless to go threw your entire life never trying to accomplish anything just because you thought that it didn't matter what you do cause your going to die sometime anyway. I think this is wear faith comes in. Or maybe it's personal perserverance that kicks in here. Having faith that you must do what is right and make something of your life. It is very difficult when someone close to us dies. Even knowing that death is inevitable doesn't help. When someone takes up a big part of our lives and then leaves us, it is a thing of great pain for us to deal with. I suppose it is part of the big picture of life that we have to learn to deal with. I have a friend who is a big believer in reincarnation. And while I am not totally convinced, it does make a lot of sense that we have to keep coming back time and time again until we figure things out and finally get them right.

But he who knows for sure what is gonna happen after death is not gonna have fear of death. Of course he is gonna miss his close ones on earth and he is gonna be sad about the same. But on the other hand if the concerned person is gonna take things in a broader sense then there is gonna be No Fear In Death. No guilt in life, no fear in death ,This is the pow'r of Christ in me. :)

i totally agree. though, death should not be the reason for us to change, there are other reasons to make our lives better such as family, friends and life itself. no matter how things go badly, we should still be thankful that we are alive. problems come our way as challenges to make us strong and make our brains work and find solution. death is a part of our life that is always a sad moment, but we should not wait for this moment to arrive and tell ourselves that we are going to change.

i totally agree. though, death should not be the reason for us to change, there are other reasons to make our lives better such as family, friends and life itself. no matter how things go badly, we should still be thankful that we are alive. problems come our way as challenges to make us strong and make our brains work and find solution. death is a part of our life that is always a sad moment, but we should not wait for this moment to arrive and tell ourselves that we are going to change.

Why shouldn't Death be a Reason for you to Change??

People change due to money, drugs, women, family, religion, laws etc.etc.etc. and in all of this, the most sensible thing to change is to face death. Which we know is in-evitable, so it should be taken in a positive light that "Time is Precious". Friends, Family and Life around us still arent as close to as "We" are to ourselves. We do and live life for people around us... but fear of death makes you live life truly for yourself. I really do not take "fear" as a negative quality... its just as important as the dark cloud for the silver lining. Being Fearless in life and "Lack of Fear in Life" are two different things and I m referring to the latter one.

i don't think "death" is the opposite of life, it is a part of life and we should learn and understand about the different aspects of life in order for us to change for the better. it's not the fear of death that allows people to change. it's realizing our own time limits before we pass on. those time limits can be great motivators. the only way i will see fear is a good thing is if it makes people more aware without being paranoid. fear can be a very good thing. it can also be a very bad thing and limit people in many ways. i really likes wd's take on the issue of death not just for our own death but the death of others who are close to us where their memory will live on and where they will not be forgotten. death of others makes us more aware and teaches us something about our own lives. at least it's supposed to....wether it's a natural death or not. wether someone dies of old age or someone dies from a drive by shooting. death is life......life is death. they are connected....not opposite eachother. when people are diagnosed with a terminally ill disease like cancer or aids, these people without a doubt think about their life more. like WD said in her post, they can either dwell on the bad and screw their life up more in their little time they have left, or do something good with it knowing they still have those choices and opportunities to change and make the best with what they have.

fear of death makes you more active and we start believing that we have so little time and so much to do.We then do all what we want to do thus we keep focus.If there is no such fear we tend to take things lightly.I think our whole life becomes much better when we have a fear.We behave in a better way , we become a better person and wants to be more constructive rather than destructive.We give better perspective to live and live each and every moment in a much better way.We do not waste time on unnecesarry things and want to achieve more n more as a person in less time.

Personally I really don't care if I die now or later. It doesn't make any difference to me anymore. I'm completely sick of my life and just want it to end...like..now. -_- I really could careless anymore.

Personally I really don't care if I die now or later. It doesn't make any difference to me anymore. I'm completely sick of my life and just want it to end...like..now. -_- I really could careless anymore.

Listen sky there are a lot of things around that can really make you care about your life and it would be a great lost to us all if you die soon, just look around and open yourself up to the people around you and sooner or later you will see how good life is

Any way as long us a good majority of us go to heaven then death is just door to something better

this is a horrible words come up of a person in your age sky :o . if you don't like your life, then do something. get a job, get a new friends, learn new things, do new activities, experience more and adventure more, make it worthy to live. new beginnings are always good for changing your life, do something better than said " i don't care". it is your life and YOU SHOULD CARE, because no one will do that for you if you don't do it for yourself.

the sad truth about DEATH, it brings the worst memories ever, and puts us in sad mood. it is another power of death, when someone close to us died or even someone we not that close to died, it suddenly brings up all the locked sad memories about people we loved and are dead now. it is something like a double or triple sadness come up every time you lose a person from our life. as i said it is another power of death, disappointing and may drag you down for days or weeks depending on how you already feel. therefore i consider death has a big power that may changes people life, for better or worse.