xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
orbital2005

Ds

to be hounst i think the nitendo ds looks great but also confusing with the two screens i played metroid prime on it and its realy weied i think i could of done with analog sticks to make its easy er to play so you don't have to use the a,x,b,y to aim

I purchased one this christmas and have mixed feelings. First off, I'd like to say that I never purchased a Game Boy Advance, in which I am glad I didn't. Games are cheaper right now and I am able to play the games on my DS. Thank Heavens. The thing about DS right now, is it does not have very many good games. In fact, you won't be seeing very many good games intill December of this year. The DS is fully capable of being a powerful, and innovated system. But game developers have yet to catch onto why the DS will be fun. Currently there are THREE games that are worthwile to get. (Super Mario 64 DS, Feel the Magic and Wario Ware Twisted) That is all. Let's break that down for a second. We have... 2 first party games, one which is almost a direct port with new added features, one is a pretty crumy puzzle type game, and the other was poorly thought out.Currently, the DS ISN'T worth getting. It collects dust if I am not playing my GBA games on it. Also, the 2 screens take a little getting use to. But can actually be a really great addition. IF they are used right. I think you had a bad experience with MP: H: FH because you don't exactly know the control design. The way most people play it is using the stylus with the right hand, which you can control your aim on the touch screen with. Using the D-Pad to move, and the R/L button to shoot. It is a bit weird at first, but can be pretty darn awesome.The fact is, PSP is currently going to own DS. The only thing DS does better currently is price point. Get a PSP, and maybe get a DS next year or for christmas of 05'. *goes to dust of DS*

i think the DS is the best thing to happen in gaming since on-line gaming. the touch screen is the coolest thing i never saw it coming i thought i would be too much money but apprently not. the mic too, with somthing like that the DS may be chande into a phone even if posible thou and Nintendo owning classic characters like link, samus, mario, ect. and puting them together in super smash would make sales rocket for any system!with the wi-fi comeing to the future is startign to look brighter for nintendo.

I agree with the DS not having many games at all, also I think that Nintendo should have improved the graphics capabilities of the console considering that the PSP will be coming out shortly and compared to the DS it's graphics are much much better. True the DS does have some really innovative console features but really in my opinion it's hardly worth buying what with the PSP coming out and all.

I purchased a Nintendo DS on the 12th of March and I think it is great. There are some downsides though:- When you exit PictoChat the system shuts down. This is VERY annoying.- There is no point in using PictoChat because you have to be within 30 feet for it to work properly.- Quite a few of the consoles have had dead pixels.- If you have big gorilla hands you won't be able to hold thge stylus or use the buttons.- On Super Mario 64 DS the multi-play doesn't always work.If you haven't yet bought a DS don't. Wait for atleast 3 months to allow Nintendo to sort out some faults.