xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
The Simpleton

Anyone Getting Logged Out Automatically?

I got this strange bug just now. I was viewing the new content and opened a thread in a new tab. I replied to that thread and then I was away from the computer for a while. On my return, I opened another thread from the new content page, and was surprised to see that there was a notice above 'Fast Reply' stating that the reply needed modetator approval. I was puzzled but didn't think much and posted the reply. Then I chose another thread in a different section and was once again surprised to see the notice. I always disable images so I didn't notice that I had been logged out automatically and was browsing as a guest! That is why every reply wanted a 'moderator approval'. I don't understand how I got logged out automatically. Has this happened to anyone else today? I'm guessing it has, because today's top poster doesn't have a profile or even a name. So I'm guessing a few members had this same problem and their posts weren't counted under their names. Could someone please clarify this? I'm not worried about losing a post or two, but if this bug exists for other users as well, there's going to be a lot of complaining!!!

don't worry simpleton, this happens to me all the time, when i open many tabs or even one tab, reply for something and leave the forums for a while then ?find out that i automatically logged out from the forums. also it happens when you stay in the chat room for a while and i usually open another tab for the forum, so when return to the forum i find out that i am logged out even when i am continuing chatting in the chat room. this began to happen after the forums upgrade and ?i reported that before,hope they will fix it soon.about that top poster, i also noticed that it is strange how he doesn't have a profile, after that i found out that he is a guest, BUT since the guest's posts need a moderator approval so, i almost have an idea who is he? :).

It's been happening ever since the forum upgrade and I have been complaining! On Firefox, I couldn't even stay logged in to post. I would log in, type a reply, send it off, and I would get an error saying I wasn't logged in. I would then proceed to log in (again), unsuccessfully. It would just send me to the main page as a Guest. I've had better luck at staying logged in with Opera and Chrome, but with Firefox.. I gave up. Deleting my cookies ( check the bottom of the forum page in small letters) helped a little bit, but it still logs me out if I close the browser.I would LOVE if this forum kept me logged in forever (well, for months) like other forums. I've been on a few different forums and not one of them makes me log in every time I visit. It has to be a bug, because "Remember me" or whatever is clicked.

It only seems to happen when I am sitting in the chatroom; I have also found when I click "login" it logs me in without me typing anything despite being on the login screen, there are a lot of issues that need weeding out on the forum not least that we still don't have mycents. It's just going to be something you'll have to put up with for the next month or so.

i think it's a chat room thing. i never get logged out when i am not in chat, but when i enter chat and start browsing the forums, it logs me out. soooooo, do your browsing before you enter chat :)

don't worry simpleton, this happens to me all the time, when i open many tabs or even one tab, reply for something and leave the forums for a while then find out that i automatically logged out from the forums. also it happens when you stay in the chat room for a while and i usually open another tab for the forum, so when return to the forum i find out that i am logged out even when i am continuing chatting in the chat room. this began to happen after the forums upgrade and i reported that before,hope they will fix it soon.

It's been happening all the time?! I'm sure someone must have mentioned it somewhere - I think I missed it. Then from now on I have to keep an eye out for the header to see whether or not I'm logged in each time!!

about that top poster, i also noticed that it is strange how he doesn't have a profile, after that i found out that he is a guest, BUT since the guest's posts need a moderator approval so, i almost have an idea who is he :).

If I'm not wrong, that top poster got 21 posts? Of those 2-4 were mine and the rest belonged to some other member(s). I don't think it was any single member. That would be a serious loss!!

It's been happening ever since the forum upgrade and I have been complaining! On Firefox, I couldn't even stay logged in to post. I would log in, type a reply, send it off, and I would get an error saying I wasn't logged in. I would then proceed to log in (again), unsuccessfully. It would just send me to the main page as a Guest. I've had better luck at staying logged in with Opera and Chrome, but with Firefox.. I gave up. Deleting my cookies ( check the bottom of the forum page in small letters) helped a little bit, but it still logs me out if I close the browser.
I would LOVE if this forum kept me logged in forever (well, for months) like other forums. I've been on a few different forums and not one of them makes me log in every time I visit. It has to be a bug, because "Remember me" or whatever is clicked.

I use Firefox too. I have Opera installed so I think I'd better try out that one for a while. I think the 'remember me' worked well for me here. Usually I post throughout the day, with gaps of 2-3 hours and I find myself logged in all the time. This problem happened just last night - so I'm guessing it happens randomly to random users :(

It only seems to happen when I am sitting in the chatroom;

i think it's a chat room thing. i never get logged out when i am not in chat, but when i enter chat and start browsing the forums, it logs me out. soooooo, do your browsing before you enter chat :)

I wasn't in the chat room when this incident happened. This further fuels my theory that it's happening randomly......Anyway, as kobra said, we just have to put up with it for a while.