xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
The Simpleton

51 Posts Per Day?! Would You Mind?

The post limit for each member has been increased from 25 to 51 (I dunno if there's any limit for the mods/admins :lol: ) The myCENT script is still down and most members are still hesitant whether or not to post at their usual pace. Well I'm getting bored in my holidays and I recently cleared off the myCENT debt, so I want to try using the limit to the max, i.e. 51 posts daily, until I get bored of posting. Will this be a problem, especially to the mods? I won't make any useless posts or spam (unless you count this thread :lol:) and there's a 95% chance that I won't go on for more than 2 days :) So is it fine if I attempt to go on a posting spree?

the post limit has increased, but as i noticed yesterday, if you post too much within a certain amount of time, you wont be able to post again until you wait a certain amount of time more. ysterday, i had something like 20 posts. i tried to post again because i was helping a member in real time since he was online and i wasn't allowed to. so yet ANOTHER limitation....hope the member figured out his problem or he can blame "knowledge" sutra for the limitations of knowledge here

I'm only human so I won't be making all 50 posts at the same time! :lol: This limitation you mention.....it sounds strange. Has anyone else reported it? In any case, it's a good thing in a way because you get an excuse to take a break.

i was helping a member in real time since he was online and i wasn't allowed to. so yet ANOTHER limitation....hope the member figured out his problem or he can blame "knowledge" sutra for the limitations of knowledge here

Too bad we don't have the shoutbox yet or you could have given your solution to that member through the box. Well anyway we won't lose members in this way - most of the people are patient :)

well,simpleton, you better not thinking of posting 51 posts a day PLEASE, because you will force me to compete with you because i am the top posters here, most of the days. and you by saying this you competing with me? :)?i love competition, so don't make me please, i really have other things to do? :P. welcome back simpleton.

Lol I joined exactly one year back in June 09 and at that time there were many days when I made 40 or more posts per day. So you could say I was one of the top posters then. Then another member called Nameless_ took away that position by making posts rapidly. Now you're in a similar position. So there's no Top Poster consistently. Someone's got to replace the old ruler :D June happens to be the time I'm most active so sorry I can't help it :P It's not any competition to see who makes the most posts - in the end its not about how many posts have been made but how good they are (and more importantly, how many myCENTs they fetch :P) . I remember one of my threads where I asked how the members would feel if all their posts vanished suddenly, and surprisingly, a lot of members said they wouldn't care too much. It's the feeling of community and of course the myCENTs which keep us posting. So if you still think of it as a competition, then you're free to do so, but I just hope your posting quality doesn't dip down in an effort to win the race :)

but I just hope your posting quality doesn't dip down in an effort to win the race

She won't have trouble keeping up with you. She'll just reply to every post you make by "thanks for sharing". And there's nothing to dip down from when you're at the bottom :lol:
Sorry for spamming your thread, Simpleton, but you were practically asking for it... What's up with all this spam, eh? :D As for a constant top poster, anwiii here has been spamming for longer, so he's a consistently active spammer. And I'm the lurking spammer that waits for juicy threads to reply to... because obviously, my posts are so good that I don't need that many posts to earn a lot. And if I did run out of cents, I'll only have to start another debate with truefusion and woah, I'll have enough currency for the next 11-14 years. :lol:

She won't have trouble keeping up with you. She'll just reply to every post you make by "thanks for sharing". And there's nothing to dip down from when you're at the bottom :lol:

Now that's a bit harsh. Maybe I haven't been looking at all the threads but I haven't seen her saying just 'thanks for sharing' and leaving it at that. It's good to have a few active posters like her so that the forum doesn't die completely.

Sorry for spamming your thread, Simpleton, but you were practically asking for it... What's up with all this spam, eh? :D

Oh, you're welcome to spam every thread/post of mine :D For another 20 days or so you'll find a lot of my posts and then most probably I'll disappear for a while, which is why I'm on a spamathon for a few days. So far I haven't posted anything which doesn't make sense. The purpose of creating this thread was to confirm whether the mods/admins have any problem if I continue this activity for a few days. As long as I make meaningful posts I think I will be fine. At least that's what I'm hoping.

As for a constant top poster, anwiii here has been spamming for longer, so he's a consistently active spammer.

You could say that again :) SM is in danger of being dethroned soon as the top poster :D

And I'm the lurking spammer that waits for juicy threads to reply to... because obviously, my posts are so good that I don't need that many posts to earn a lot.

I don't think this thread is juicy, but anyway I'm honoured to get your reply B)

And if I did run out of cents, I'll only have to start another debate with truefusion and woah, I'll have enough currency for the next 11-14 years. :lol:

Oh please do - the rest of us can squeeze a few cents out of it too :P

obviously, my posts are so good that I don't need that many posts to earn a lot.

yea, this last post of yours was really a good one...hahaha! and why ya mentioning MY name? i always have more to say than "thanks for sharing". nobody understands what i write, but still!

simpleton, i have already dethroned the king if we start from two years ago with the new mycents credit system. but WD is the queen of posters now and does a good job....especially welcoming people in the introductions thread. i don't think anyone minds you posting a lot, simpleton. it's welcomed! wish you could pop in and out more often than ya do though but it's all good. we haven't forgoten about ya. we need more members though. it's the same people posting all the time in here. it really gets redundant.......we need new blood!

yea, this last post of yours was really a good one...hahaha! and why ya mentioning MY name? i always have more to say than "thanks for sharing". nobody understands what i write, but still!

Oh yes you always have a lot to say, and thankfully I understand most of it ;)

simpleton, i have already dethroned the king if we start from two years ago with the new mycents credit system.

There's no arguing about that. You're the most consistent poster. There's just the matter of the 6000+ difference in the number of posts between you and SM. Once you break that barrier, your reign will be unquestioned :D

WD is the queen of posters now and does a good job....especially welcoming people in the introductions thread.

She's a good example of the new blood you mentioned. We sure could use a few more members like her.

i don't think anyone minds you posting a lot, simpleton. it's welcomed! wish you could pop in and out more often than ya do though but it's all good. we haven't forgoten about ya. we need more members though. it's the same people posting all the time in here. it really gets redundant.......we need new blood!

I wish I could pop in more often too - it's a tough call with so many useless things happening in real life that I have to take care of. I don't think the same members posting always isn't such a bad thing as long as they keep bringing in fresh content and keep changing the words they use commonly. New members are always welcome but they shouldn't disrupt the flow of the community. I'll look for the nearest blood bank and inform you :lol:

Lol I joined exactly one year back in June 09 and at that time there were many days when I made 40 or more posts per day. So you could say I was one of the top posters then. Then another member called Nameless_ took away that position by making posts rapidly. Now you're in a similar position. So there's no Top Poster consistently. Someone's got to replace the old ruler June happens to be the time I'm most active so sorry I can't help it It's not any competition to see who makes the most posts - in the end its not about how many posts have been made but how good they are (and more importantly, how many myCENTs they fetch ) . I remember one of my threads where I asked how the members would feel if all their posts vanished suddenly, and surprisingly, a lot of members said they wouldn't care too much. It's the feeling of community and of course the myCENTs which keep us posting. So if you still think of it as a competition, then you're free to do so, but I just hope your posting quality doesn't dip down in an effort to win the race?

hay there, i was kidding, yes i like to be in top posters of the day but only when there's something worth to post, so don't even dare to tell me that i will post useless posts here to win anything :angry:. also, the whole past 2 months or more i was kind of wandering here alone in the forum with a few members too, so literally i was competing with myself here? :).

She won't have trouble keeping up with you. She'll just reply to every post you make by "thanks for sharing". And there's nothing to dip down from when you're at the bottom

hay there you too, look who talking here the young spammer show up to give his opinion, you walk out of the chat room once in a month and come to tease me OK young man. i know i am killing you here because i will catch you in posts in no time? ;)?so don't panic and accept that. and "thank you for sharing" your ideas here bani? :D.

i use this phrase a lot because they are nice words to thank others for their hard work in posting something useful, and from now and on i will use them even more? :).

but WD is the queen of posters now and does a good job....especially welcoming people in the introductions thread.

thank you anwiii, that was sweet? :blush:?now i will post more from? "thank you for sharing"? :).

hay there, i was kidding, yes i like to be in top posters of the day but only when there's something worth to post, so don't even dare to tell me that i will post useless posts here to win anything :angry:

Lol I never said you make useless posts. It was a general comment which wasn't directed at any particular member. It was just a casual statement through which I meant that everyone should take care that their posts make good sense all the time. Anyway, thanks for sharing :lol::P (i.e, sharing your anger ;) )

On another note, it looks like I've failed to keep up even 20 posts per day! It's good for the forum, I guess!

Lol I never said you make useless posts. It was a general comment which wasn't directed at any particular member. It was just a casual statement through which I meant that everyone should take care that their posts make good sense all the time. Anyway, thanks for sharing (i.e, sharing your anger )

well, i wasn't that angry, but couldn't hold myself from replying you know  :), in fact i like your topic, keep on posting such posts ;). anyway, welcome back simpleton, at least i will be sure that the few members who enter the forums daily increased by one now.

well, i wasn't that angry, but couldn't hold myself from replying you know :), in fact i like your topic, keep on posting such posts ;). anyway, welcome back simpleton, at least i will be sure that the few members who enter the forums daily increased by one now.

Thank you for sharing Web Designer.

Seriously though if you could I would LOVE it; especially if you started posting new topics, it would possibly improve this forum because people would then be able to actually reply to topics. When the mycent system returns hopefully things will resume as they used to but untill that point the forum is deader than a dead ghost.

well, i wasn't that angry, but couldn't hold myself from replying you know :), in fact i like your topic, keep on posting such posts ;). anyway, welcome back simpleton, at least i will be sure that the few members who enter the forums daily increased by one now.

You couldn't stop yourself from replying? Now that's a good sign for an addictive poster ;) So I can be sure that almost every topic I make will get at least one reply - guaranteed :)

Seriously though if you could I would LOVE it; especially if you started posting new topics, it would possibly improve this forum because people would then be able to actually reply to topics. When the mycent system returns hopefully things will resume as they used to but untill that point the forum is deader than a dead ghost.

Hmm it's true that a lot of members are still shying away from posting because of the myCENT problem. Maybe we should put up a notice on the front page itself that all posts made now will indeed be calculated for myCENTs. Perhaps that would help a little in bringing up the activity. Anyway, till then I'll do my part in helping to increase the activity :)

i really don't think it's necesary to put it on the front page. it's been a problem for a couple months now and it has been repeated over and over that opaque is crediting people right now so they don't lose their hosting, AND it has been repeated several times that every post right now will be credited after the new mycents system is ready. so i figure about 90% of the old members know what's going on already.what i have a problem with is the new users. some are coming for the mycents. they don't have hosting yet. this can in fact lose potential valuable members and posters and i think a system should be set here for the new members in the meantime. i really do feel sorry for those guys who have come here for hosting services but can't get any becuase the whole forum right nownot only has bugs, but doesn't have the credit system implimented. the old users have been complaining, but it's the new users that are getting screwed the most.and then i see people posting or explaining in the chat room to new users how the mycents system works still. it's like the old members are encouraging these new members to post KNOWING the mycents system is completely shut down right now. it's only a matter of time before new members think they are being screwed or cheated.