xisto Community
chini13

Contented In Life How to achieve contented

We all live in a era in which we are running after achieving more and more giving so much pain to ourselves.Doing good in career, having a good car,home that is to have as much as luxuries as we can have.But do we feel contented after achieving all that??After all that achievement don't we feel something is still missing in life.We turn back and recall the time we spend before we didn't had all the luxuries and then we feel like that the big car or the big house matter less.What is that makes us feel contented?The comfort, the love, the security, the peace all around?Is in the class living or the class mental state??Is it so because we sacrificed a lot to achieve and now miss all that fun and wish to live a courageous life on our personal terms??

what your saying is basically the old cliche, "money cannot buy happiness".....or in this case, contentment.it's funny. we are trained as children to follow a certain path in life...school, job, house, marriage, but very RARELY are we truely guided to our own individual destinies and purpose in life. this is why people get left feeling empty inside. it's funny to me because parents should be older and wiser and should have learned from their own sacrifices in life to guide better. it would be easier for the children to find themselves if parents were more open to the possibilities other than some of the luxuries they want for their children.what's NOT funny is looking at all the people who are not strong enough to break free from the selfish wants or expectations coming from the older generations. to actually break a cycle. it really is a shame.

Regardless of the era, humans were humans. Desires have been the cause of frustration & misery since ages :) In Today World, If you are born in an independent Country and you have a legal citizenship document, you are ALL set for living any life anywhere. The basic needs are :-

a shelter.

a balanced diet and

PC w/ internet connection OR good friends

mobile / 2 wheeler / 4 wheeler

I really don't care about career and certificates. If you are fortunate to get first-class education (great!!). I believe Learning & being up to date in your field or atleast some hobbies is a must. I recommend reading new papers.. Thats the best, its a 100 times better than watching TV. :) This prevents you from being mentally stagnant. :P This was all about keeping your mind & brains happy :)

Now, the bigger aspect of our existence - our heart :) Here is where... comfort, the love, the security, the peace come in. This is why you make a home(shelter) for yourself in the first place. However, Your home is in-complete without good friends. Good friends can be your close relatives or your school friend..or work partner... anyone. Therefore, good friends are also needed to live a good ... perhaps a more happy life. Because, ultimately.. your friends make your life worthwhile and its only with them, you can share the feeling of being "contented" with life itself. :-)

The basic needs are :-

a shelter.

a balanced diet and

PC w/ internet connection OR good friends

mobile / 2 wheeler / 4 wheeler

see, right there i have to disagree with making a list of any kind. happiness or internal contentment doesn't come from a pre planned list. in this example, not everyone is blessed with shelter. not everyone is blessed with a balanced diet. not everyone is blessed with internet or even owning a computer. some people aren't even as blessed as others when it comes to friends or family. a 4 wheeler? come on now....

a big part of happiness or contentment is being happy with what you have or are blessed with(if you're not taking things for granted) and making the best with what you have. one problem i see in society is that a lot of societies are goal oriented and driven. in essence it means whatever they have, they always want more. few people are rarely ever satisfied with what they have and want more even though what they may have is more than enough for others who may seem to have less.

Now, the bigger aspect of our existence - our heart Here is where... comfort, the love, the security, the peace come in. This is why you make a home(shelter) for yourself in the first place. However, Your home is in-complete without good friends. Good friends can be your close relatives or your school friend..or work partner... anyone. Therefore, good friends are also needed to live a good ... perhaps a more happy life. Because, ultimately.. your friends make your life worthwhile and its only with them, you can share the feeling of being "contented" with life itself. :-)

a big part of happiness or contentment is being happy with what you have or are blessed with(if you're not taking things for granted) and making the best with what you have. one problem i see in society is that a lot of societies are goal oriented and driven. in essence it means whatever they have, they always want more. few people are rarely ever satisfied with what they have and want more even though what they may have is more than enough for others who may seem to have less.

it's funny. we are trained as children to follow a certain path in life...school, job, house, marriage, but very RARELY are we truely guided to our own individual destinies and purpose in life. this is why people get left feeling empty inside. it's funny to me because parents should be older and wiser and should have learned from their own sacrifices in life to guide better. it would be easier for the children to find themselves if parents were more open to the possibilities other than some of the luxuries they want for their children.

agree with you guys 100%.

when i was young, i was dreaming of a lot of things. but latter i learned my lesson very well. i know now that happiness not related to money, luxuries, car, jewelry, or anything material . it is related and ONLY RELATED to what we feel inside. it is something related to be mentally and emotionally happy, to feel peaceful deep inside you. and just like opaque said, love is a big part of it, feeling love, be in love, been loved is a big part of being content.  and here i mean with love is loving people around us and love what you do, loving your mom and dad, loving your little brother or sister, loving your husband or wife, loving your children, loving your friends, loving your pet, even loving your job...ect.

feeling that love inside you, enjoy it and share it, building trust with others and share them your life, be part of their life and they being part of yours, all these things make you feel fulfillment and give you a reason to continue living. and these kind of feelings are exactly what make you a strong person, mature, creative and content. because you will be mentally and emotionally balanced.

otherwise, just like anwiii said, running after money, getting a big house or an expensive car, the best luxuries, all of them not bring happiness in life, even if they did but for a short time. well i do believe getting a good job, a house or a car is important in life to live easily but not necessary for living. i can have a rented small apartment, a middle age car a good job that pay my bills and still happy if i have people i love and interest in around me. but unfortunately, life didn't give everything,therefor we should find a way and do our best to feel contentment inside us. sometimes this is hard to be done, but absolutely could be done if we have the faith in ourselves.

it is really a hard balance in life, but only wise and open minded persons could do it.

Being content in life is truly a hard thing to achieve. It's never easy to be fully content because we're born like that. No matter how a person appears from the outside there is always some worry or tension inside. The poor people want to earn more money, the middle-class people are torn between limited incomes and high desires, and the rich are always seeking more wealth. In a way all our worries are directly or indirectly tied to money. Of course there are some matters such as relationships which have nothing to do with money, but most of life's problems revolve around this one thing.

it is really a hard balance in life, but only wise and open minded persons could do it.

All people are born intelligent - they just have to know how to use their brain that's all. And a person can change at any time in his life. A sensible person who comes across good fortune may become proud and selfish and starts making bad decisions. So it's tough to achieve that perfect balance. Then again, if everything was perfect, then life would become too boring. So I like to think that I should never be content - then there will always be something to look forward to, or something to challenge me.