xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
The Simpleton

Bought A Ps2 After 10 Years Of Waiting!

I started a thread in this forum when I was new, asking for advice on buying a console. Thanks to budget problems I was not able to buy a PS3 back then. Now after a year I do have enough money to get the PS3, but still I went and brought home the PS2 :P If only the PS3 had supported PS2 games I would have bought it without a thought, but since all PS3 games fall out of my budget, I'm content with the PS2 for now. I've bought some good old titles like God of War, Tekken 5 and am having fun killing time. It's been a long wait of ten years to actually see a console in my home and it's a dream come true today, although its an outdated dream :)

LOL! aren't you kind of too late for PS2? i mean, there are almost no decent games released recently so you will have to go hunting for old games. and yeah PS3 doesn't support PS2 games from the information that i heard so you had make great decision not to buy it :)but anyway, congratulations for your first (?) console in your house. i was thinking to buy another PS2 myself too, since PC games are not really my things... and it would be much cheaper than Blackberry "smart" phone after all (if only you can mention good japanese-style-PS2-RPG like valkyrie, way of the samurai, etc ... i would try it) :P

I got a PS2 a few years ago but most of the good games I had were ones Dad borrowed from a colleague at work. My favourite one was the original Ratchet and Clank, which I didn't complete (I got stuck at this stupid level where this room fills up with water and you have to escape. If you know how to do it please tell me :)). I still have the game saved on the memory card and I hope to buy it this summer. :P

If you know how to do it please tell me :)). I still have the game saved on the memory card and I hope to buy it this summer. :P

why on earth would you want someone else to tell you how to do something when you plan on buying the game? that defeats the purpose. be crazy.....and let yourself be in suspense until you buy the game and figure it out on your own! you will have more fillfillment doing it my way than yours :D

Well, you still could play PS2 games on a PS3, you just have to buy a refurbished 1st generation PS3, might get lucky on a 2nd generation PS3, but if your looking at the slims, don't bother unless you download the PS2 games from the PLaystation store.

LOL! aren't you kind of too late for PS2? i mean, there are almost no decent games released recently so you will have to go hunting for old games.

Yup I'm very late but there are still some great (old) games available for the PS2 which aren't there for the PC so I'm not at all disappointed. If anything, this is a good way to keep me satisfied till I can afford to buy PS3 games regularly.

but anyway, congratulations for your first (?) console in your house. i was thinking to buy another PS2 myself too, since PC games are not really my things... and it would be much cheaper than Blackberry "smart" phone after all (if only you can mention good japanese-style-PS2-RPG like valkyrie, way of the samurai, etc ... i would try it) :P

It's the first non-cartridge based console in my house ;) And yup its cheaper than a blackberry although it is just a gaming machine and nothing more :lol: There are still a lot of new Japanese games being released for the PS2. You could check for these at sites like play-asia.com

My favourite one was the original Ratchet and Clank, which I didn't complete (I got stuck at this stupid level where this room fills up with water and you have to escape. If you know how to do it please tell me :)). I still have the game saved on the memory card and I hope to buy it this summer. :P

You could always use a walkthrough/guide if you're stuck in the game. Search at sites like gamespot, IGN and you'll surely get a good walkthrough for all sorts of games :)

why on earth would you want someone else to tell you how to do something when you plan on buying the game? that defeats the purpose. be crazy.....and let yourself be in suspense until you buy the game and figure it out on your own! you will have more fillfillment doing it my way than yours :D

It's fun to figure out everything on our own but certain games have irritating levels and the irritation blocks the brain from thinking of a solution :P That's why after trying for 20-30 times I give up and take a peek at the walkthrough :D

Well, you still could play PS2 games on a PS3, you just have to buy a refurbished 1st generation PS3, might get lucky on a 2nd generation PS3, but if your looking at the slims, don't bother unless you download the PS2 games from the PLaystation store.

After looking at the slim, who would still want to go for the fat?! ;)

time to play god of war :D

Then God of War 2, then time to get a PS3. :D

All the games in PS2 seem too unrealistic now... you could have at least bought a xbox or xbox360... their games look better and you could use xBox Live in xBox360.

Then God of War 2, then time to get a PS3. :D
All the games in PS2 seem too unrealistic now... you could have at least bought a xbox or xbox360... their games look better and you could use xBox Live in xBox360.

I've already finished God of War, am halfway through GOW2 now, and then I'll have to wait for a while before I can get to play the last one. I did indeed want to get an advanced console, but it's like buying a car - after buying it you need to have enough money to refuel it regularly, or else its useless :P In the same way, even if I had bought the XBox360 or PS3, I wouldn't be able to buy new games for them as they're too expensive for me. Anyway, the old games on the PS2 are still good and they were once popular -I'm just living the magic a bit late :)

I started a thread in this forum when I was new, asking for advice on buying a console. Thanks to budget problems I was not able to buy a PS3 back then. Now after a year I do have enough money to get the PS3, but still I went and brought home the PS2 :P If only the PS3 had supported PS2 games I would have bought it without a thought, but since all PS3 games fall out of my budget, I'm content with the PS2 for now. I've bought some good old titles like God of War, Tekken 5 and am having fun killing time. It's been a long wait of ten years to actually see a console in my home and it's a dream come true today, although its an outdated dream :)

Dude PS3 supports Ps2 and Ps1 games trust me i have tried both and they both worked plus Ps3 is way better than any game console out there right now :)

Dude PS3 supports Ps2 and Ps1 games trust me i have tried both and they both worked plus Ps3 is way better than any game console out there right now :)

I would indeed trust you if you had been talking about the old, "fat" PS3, which is no longer available in markets (at least the ones accessible to me). The newer version of the PS3, the "slim" one, does not support PS2 games any longer so that is why it doesn't make sense for those who want to play the old PS2 games. For those who want to enjoy only the latest games (and these will be in the majority), the new PS3 is indeed a good choice and will provide good value for their money.

hehe, ;pu was waiting for ps2 10years :S?
And you also could buy something better :P

It may sound funny to others but it's not at all funny to me. I've had that dream ever since the PS2 first came out and even though the dream is outdated now I'm just glad that at least it got fulfilled, and it means a lot to me. I could have bought something else for the same amount of money but then I would perhaps regret the decision not to buy the PS2. So it's done and I'm happy :) And you can continue laughing :D

Why not a Ps3? Alot of new games, daily updates, and some versions can play PS2 games. The Ps2 is dead. no more games (besides sports such as football) are coming out for it. I got my PS2 in 2008 wnich was a misfortune because it was dieing out. No new games, etc. Online of the PS2 communities are only active for Socom Combined Assault. Every other game has a server shut down or a non-active community! Though, if you're extremely cheap or broke, the PS2 games are like $5 so that's a pro.

Why not a Ps3? Alot of new games, daily updates, and some versions can play PS2 games. The Ps2 is dead. no more games (besides sports such as football) are coming out for it. I got my PS2 in 2008 wnich was a misfortune because it was dieing out. No new games, etc. Online of the PS2 communities are only active for Socom Combined Assault. Every other game has a server shut down or a non-active community! Though, if you're extremely cheap or broke, the PS2 games are like $5 so that's a pro.

Let's look at it this way, a PS3 is like 5x more costly than a PS2. And this way has been waiting for 10 years to buy a PS2. I doubt that he can spend 5x more money to get something new, rather than something he has always wanted. So, he can buy a PS2 or wait 40 more years and get a PS3 :lol:

I got my PS2 sometime in 2003-2004, that was the "prime time" of the PS2 era, and alot of new games like God of War were coming soon. Right now is probably the prime time for PS3, xbox 360 and the Wii. It's going to be another 2-3 years before Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft comes up with a new console. But I do wonder whats next, PS3 is super awesome. I don't think you can beat it unless you make a PS3 rip-off with better HD quality or making it more faster or something like 3D for PS4. Let's wait and see. :rolleyes: