xisto Community
sukhi

Myths Of Economy

http://livingeconomiesforum.org/People-Centered-Development-Forum

An Informative article on the collapsing economic sytem as we know it today.

My guess is 2012 would be the year of the collapse of the American dream of conquering the world

by means of greed , money and power. The battles that would ensue would be a spectacle of a lifetime.

I am ready for it are you ? Posted Image

Edited by moderator (see edit history)

nice..work....it truly opens mind and makes us to rethink the real economic myths and battles going on.US has been for long became the master by lending the Dollars to the world, making it the global money for trade.They played well for long..

nice..work....it truly opens mind and makes us to rethink the real economic myths and battles going on.US has been for long became the master by lending the Dollars to the world, making it the global money for trade.They played well for long..

Yes I have been doing a lot of search on the economic system and the more you
get into it the more you are convinced that it is a greed based system
that relies on false hopes , damage to environment , suffering of the masses and profit to few.
When I see everyone announce economy is decreasing it it decreasing for the private sector
and the people would be doing good. Today 90% of wealth in world is owned by
2% of the people of the world. economic gap has never been bigger and
the environment damage that we are not told about is getting the earth
to change itself anytime : All because there are a few people who have propogated
a system that rewards greed and that is the only basis of the working with each other
or having relations with !

U r absolutely correct.Rich and educated are more greedy and they make plans which increases there power.The economic policies and notions need transformation

The economic policies and notions need transformation

Nope, that's not going to help. The root of the problem is human nature, and it is so ingrained into our physical make up it's not likely that it will ever be rooted out. The poor starving man will be greedy over the biggest piece of meat. The rich powerful man will be greedy for more wealth and power. It isn't an America verses the world sort of thing either. ALL humans are greedy just by their very nature. Not much you can do about that. Eventually, the down trodden will get their greedy nature working and reclaim what the upper crust has taken away from them, be it money or even their freedom. It truly is a dog eat dog world.

people aren't greedy by nature. i am really shocked you believe that. it's true that most people want more in life, but it's not because they are greedy, it's because they can't appreciate what they already have. there is a difference. greed is learned and once we make choices in our life, it's hard to change those choices. just because there is a lot of greed, doesn't mean it is in human nature. when i hear someone say that greed is in human nature, i automatically feel that it's an excuse for something else personal to them to justify their own actions or way of thinking.

Eventually, the down trodden will get their greedy nature working and reclaim what the upper crust has taken away from them, be it money or even their freedom. It truly is a dog eat dog world.

i sorta agree with this part of your post, except for the greed part and getting back to human nature. in this case, it's just about principles and trying to claim what should already be yours to claim without the influence of greed. if greed is in our human nature, and human nature is more powerfull that any other thing out there, then how did the north beat the south when buying and selling slaves were big business back in the day? not only buying and selling, but spending the cheapest price for maximum labor?

greed isn't in human nature and greed does not win out if you choose to fight greed. this has been proven already in the past. just because there is a stupid cliche running around that says "if ya can't beat 'm, join 'm", doesn't mean it's something we should follow or we would all be considered quiters.

it's true, united states in particular has built a government on greed over time. makes me sick. that's why i always predicted another civil war before my time is up because i feel true human nature will win over greed again. the people are so satisfied with how the government helps them after being taxed though, and the greed increases so slow for anyone to really notice, that nothing is being done about the REAL problem. you stated you think greed is the real problem. it's not. the real problem is that the majority of the population doesn't stand up for their natural rights. instead, they take a government loan or grant, and use the roads and public libraries etc... and keep quiet. almost like a bribe if you ask me....

I suppose there are some out there in which greed is not a major factor in their lives. Those would be the ones you mentioned that take the government loans and grants, or otherwise wellfare, those who have no ambitions whatsoever and will take whatever is handed to them just so long as they don't have to work or take any responsibility for their own maintenence. Personally, I think this group is worse than the greedy ones that strive to make a living or better themselves by their own doings. We see greed in all forms. Even in young children, who each want the biggest piece of cake, or the most or best toys. In some cases, greed isn't really even just greed, it's more of our basic survival instinct. Those who get the most food have the best chance for survival. So in that way, yes, I do think that the basic forms of greed are hardwired right into our dna, or personalities. Wether we like it or not it is a part of human nature. We can try to deny it or say we can overcome it, but I don't think we can. And I'm not sure we even should. If nobody has any ambition and drive, who will be the movers and shakers that get things done and keep things rolling along?

Let me start quoting from a James Hadley Chase novel titled “the World in My Pocket”. I am quoting it from memory, therefore, it may not be as exactly as it appears in the book. A character in the novel replies to a question about money

“Money, money is power, it is fun, food and drink, cigarettes and love. Money is a motor car, petrol, clothes and shoes, it is everything you can think of”

The axis of the world in which we live today is Money. Without it you are a nobody in the world. The good old human values which were the pillars of the societies the world over have single handedly been replaced by the Almighty Money. Everything orbits around money.

Therefore, the emergence of greed as the watch word of the day was an inevitable end. The status of a person in the society is measured by the wealth he is in possession of, howsoever stinking it may be. Everything depends on the amount of wealth you amass during the course of your life. The more you amass, the more you feel satisfied and, in turn, admired by the people around you.

Since ‘survival of the fittest’ is construed and accepted as the natural law of existence, why worry about fact that 90% of the wealth is owned by 2% of the people of the world? They are the creation of the rotting societies across the world. Can somebody do something to bring back the old values in place of the ‘money oriented values’ of the present to save humanity from a possible destruction through a world war III that may be triggered off by the powers that be in their rage to amass more money? God only knows.

We can say that in this day and age, it is money. However, even before actual money was invented, there has always been something to stand in it's place. It may of been cows, or land or the size of your castle, but wealth of some sort has always been the driving factor in most peoples ambitions. So it's more of an attitude than actual money.What about this 2% of the people though. Are those people evil? Is the disasterous condition of the world their fault directly? Even if they gave away all their wealth, would the world suddenly turn into a utopia of peace and harmony? Not likely. Some others would just gather up the wealth and start over again.