xisto Community
mandarpowale

What Is Consciousness ?

What is consciousness. When I sleep the universe stops existing for me, at least i loose awareness. I could die (whatever that is) in my sleep and i would cease to exist except in state of my body.So what is existence ?. Scientists have been unable to come up with a explanation (quantifiable) for the point of creation of universe. Is it possible that the universe is created when I sleep. I once dreamed of being hurt in my body and the pain was so real that it was there even after i woke up. I felt angry at the people who hurt me in my dreams.

consciousness is the state that we are in when we are awake and having control on our whole body and actions. sleeping is a state when we are in the opposite of consciousness which is unconsciousness. when we are sleeping, we will be disconnected from the world around us, we can't react with it any more but our body still working properly to still alive, if these functions stop we will be dead. and this kind of symptoms begin to appear in the last ten years causing death during sleeping.seeing dreams and feeling what you see is another result of being unconsciousness. you can see dreams when your mind hide a certain feeling or incident you failed deal with or represent in your real life, so your brain still processing that feeling or incident even when you are asleep but this time it will be reflexed as dreams.

'What is Consciousness?' one of the key questions of science and philosophy and I'm sure in time neuroscience will provide us with an answer. Almost certainly one that will prove any religion wrong. This has always been a classic debate for many people and it usually along with the 'life after death' theories and also 'the existence of God'. Some people have had near-death experiences in which they witness things they could not have saw without their out-of-body experience being true. This raises the fact that the consciousness is not an biological function but its something that is inside your body temporarily. The brain just acts as an 'container' for the consciousness. I have always thought of consciousness like this, because otherwise, our life and all its memories would be waste and our life will also be a waste. Edited by deadmad7 (see edit history)

I have always thought of consciousness like this, because otherwise, our life and all its memories would be waste and our life will also be a waste

I'm sorry but that's just stupid. That's like saying that banana has to taste good, because otherwise, I couldn't enjoy myself when I eat it. You're providing no rational reason other than how you'd feel if it wasn't true. The way you feel about things doesn't change reality.

Next time, try to define something before you show the roots of it.
Edited by Baniboy (see edit history)

I'm sorry but that's just stupid. That's like saying that banana has to taste good, because otherwise, I couldn't enjoy myself when I eat it. You're providing no rational reason other than how you'd feel if it wasn't true. The way you feel about things doesn't change reality.
Next time, try to define something before you show the roots of it.

Yea, I know its Stupid. It's called 'Religion'. Everyone says that there is a 'God' but no one has ever seen or heard something for God. No one can 'DEFINE' God. No one can show the 'Roots' of God. But still, we believe in God. It's just how religion is. Its totally Belief and how you see things.

Yea, I know its Stupid. It's called 'Religion'. Everyone says that there is a 'God' but no one has ever seen or heard something for God. No one can 'DEFINE' God. No one can show the 'Roots' of God. But still, we believe in God. It's just how religion is. Its totally Belief and how you see things.

Why do you then force yourself into believing things that you think are stupid?
Because you can't accept that you don't know?

Why do you then force yourself into believing things that you think are stupid?Because you can't accept that you don't know?

I'm not 'Forcing myself' to believe in something. I believe in it simply because I believe in God. I KNOW that God's there but I'm just saying that just because no proved it doesn't mean that hes not there.

So, you believe in something you consider stupid. And you have absolutely no other reason for believing in things other than that you'd feel like you're waste. So, conclusion; god in your case, makes you believe in things you think are stupid. You believe in them and it doesn't matter if the whole thing makes sense or not.I do really appreciate the honesty here because many don't just say it like it is, and I hope that you start thinking on your own some day.

i have. actually, a god-like experience. it was an experience where someone or something was telling me something. either that, or this someone or something gave me the power to see. it was an experience that cannot really be defined in words as words could never explain the experience justly. it's an experience i believe everyone should experience.

don't sit there and tell me you don't believe in something because you can't hear or see it because that would be the sumbest rationalization i ever heard anyone say and actually requires very little thought proccess. i have come to understand you a little bit and you are smarter than that

you know why words wont do my exprience justice? it was an experience for me and me alone. it was only for me to know and understand. well....to this day i don't understand fully.....but i understand enough.

did you ever stop to think that god is talking to us? that god is showing us things? but we aren't paying attention? it's more than just sitting and waiting for god to speak or show us something. first, everything will be shown when the time is right and when we are ready to see. secondly, when god speaks, he wont be speaking through vocals, but he will take over your thoughts and speak through your thoughts. so sometimes what people are thinking is a rational and amazing thought, can in actually be god speaking to them and allowed that thought to appear.

i am using god, because you did. in fact, i don't believe fully in any one god. i do however replace that name with a higher power and someone or something i can't understand or explain fully.

some people believe in god or this higher power and have yet to experience anything close to what i did. i can tell you one thing though that all the bible preachers are telling you that isn't true. you don't have to believe to experience a god-like experience and you don't have to "believe" to know. but when those things do happen, you DO have to pay attention to them or you will never be able to see clearly and you will walk this earth not knowing what you should....therefor making your life less meaningfull than it should be with less fullfillment.

don't sit there and tell me you don't believe in something because you can't hear or see it because that would be the sumbest rationalization i ever heard anyone say and actually requires very little thought proccess. i have come to understand you a little bit and you are smarter than that

Uh-oh... I don't think you understand what I really said. I SAID that I DO believe in it EVEN though 'Everyone says that there is a 'God' but no one has ever seen or heard something for God. No one can 'DEFINE' God. No one can show the 'Roots' of God.'

What i said was that no one can prove 'he' exists but I still believe in it. It's probably because of all the experiences people have had (like yours) that reinforce these thoughts and strengthen them.

Anyways, Congrats on the 'Near-God Experience'! Haha :)

humans are very drawn to supernatural explanations and I don't know why, what I will say is I find it hard to believe that you ACTUALLY believe in what you say you do Mad, believing in something because you feel that believing in it gives life meaning is irrational to the highest degree. In life you draw your own meaning if you want to, why does life need a factual meaning, why can't you just live and enjoy it; or failing that just explore it, maybe that is a meaning to life, to live. The trouble is it's not fair to yourself to believe in God because you believe in God. Why don't you doubt your own experiences, I'm not saying you should doubt you had them, no one is calling you dishonest but until someone can show you why you had that experience you should at least be agnostic, how many times in the dark have you seen a figure and it was just a hoover or something else, the human mind can create the most complex faces and shapes imaginable (literally) so their not reliable evidence for God or any supernatural agent.I don't just get this human fixation with believing in the supernatural, if it's not God it's something else. If you think life has no meaning without God then you haven't thought about it, no the meaning will be bland and it won't be transcendent but it will hold meaning to you if no one else. If death isn't a fun concept, join the club, if you need someone to talk to consult someone who actually understand and actually can listen to you, if someone close is ill, don't pray for them, donate money to a research charity or do something, even if it won't save your love one it will go to hopefully helping people in your position rather than wasting your time, hands together praying for a miracle, there are miracles but there's nothing miraculous about them, just skill, luck and duct tape.

Edited by kobra500 (see edit history)