xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
web_designer

What Trap17 Or Knowledgesutra Means To You? share us how do you fell about knowledgesutra

well, this question is passing in my mind recently. and i really do want to ask it to everyone here Posted Image.

What Xisto or Xisto exactly means to you?

for some, Xisto is only a hosting plan, so they contribute in discussions from time to time to earn mycent to support their hosting. and they are right because here we have one of the best hosting plans in the net, so if they are busy and they don't have a lot of time to be here always then this is the only thing they can do. after all we all started for the same reason.

for some, Xisto is a place where they can share their opinions and write what they are thinking of, talking to others and ask questions about life and many other subjects.

for others, Xisto is a friendly community, where they can have friends, have fun talking to them and sharing these friends ideas, interests and good and bad times in their life.

or Xisto could be a technology community that they can share knowledge and pass it and get it from each other, this way they will support their sites and get the backup that make them find any help whenever they need. because this forum is like a deep source of information that never ends.

or Xisto could represent family, where they found a true relationship that connect them to each other. where they got a true friends and a true home that they are always welcomed to be in.

well, till now these are all the possibilities that passed in my mind. so Xisto maybe mean for you one theses option or maybe mean all of it, that's depend on who you are and how you see things.

for me, i found this forum after a tired searching on the net for a good hosting plan that contains no ads. when i found this forum i wasn't so optimist since i tried many before and all of them are useless. but thanks god i wasn't right, after a while of posting and contributing here, asking for help if i got errors, the thing i have a lot, and i always get help from everyone here, and start dealing more with the members, i really become addicted on the forum here, because i got friends and mates that always ready to help and support me. therefor i am trying to do the same for others to keep this high spirit. in fact, this forum means a lot for me. it is a place where i can represent myself and share others the knowledge and information. in the same time i am having a lot of fun knowing more people which most of them are very smart and creative persons and i am really glade that i have the chance to meet them.

maybe it sounds funny but i feel like Xisto is a big company that i am working in and everyone here are my coworkers, of course opaque and buffellohelp are the bosses and the mods are the directors Posted Image.

anyway, this is my opinion tell me yours trappers.

Edited by web_designer (see edit history)

OH MY GOD, i wrote this topic two days ago, now what trappers, no one reply!!! Posted Image.

seems this forum means nothing to youPosted Image or you are so busy to reply Posted Image.

Relax, maybe people just had to think a little about what it means to them, and then forgot to reply.As for me, I'm not sure/I don't know. I'm not much of an active poster around here like you and a few others. I guess it's a place I hang out. That's why I was upset when we had no shoutbox. :) And there are many great people here to have a chat with. I feel like I know some people (although I can't really know them) and can talk with them etc.

Chillax Web_Designer! The forum is just going under change right now, this is the first time I'm seeing this topic too :) I Guess for me Xisto is a place where I go to just hang out (kinda like Baniboy). Its not that much of a community now anyways, its all messed up right now and no is ever in the ChatRoom, its just weird here right now, all clumsy and grumbled up into a site. Though, It's a community for people to hang out, it needs serious changes, it need Games, Contests, Themes (its a very important thing for a good community) and other things that need for this community to be better and more fun.

what this forum means to me? well first, there are many forums out there. i chose this one for two reasons. it offered free hosting services and this place was hopping with content and knowledge. now it's different. yea, the hosting is a bonus and i like the fact that if you need help with something, someone is always willing to take the time to answer and help. but i am here more for the community aspect. i think it's important because i think it is the base foundation to success in any forum. i see many people post, but i don't even know who they are and it's something i would like to change. i have met a lot of great people here, but why should it be limited to those who have no problem standing out from the rest? this is a great community and one i am loyal to because i think it's a great place for many reasons. i love the community and this place hs a chance to be great if we can change with the times and not only make this place an institution of knowledge, but a social atmosphere where people can get to know eachother better.the problem with tightly constructed communities is though that some people will feel like outsiders....like new users who don't know anyone. also, along with tightly knitted bonds, you have the exact opposite and arguements can tend to occur more frequent.even though this place hasn't fully lived up to my expectations, i still love it. great people with a great atmosphere and still a great community. it's a great place to even meet new people in the forums or in the chat room. not a lot of people think the way i do though. i just think it's always interesting to get to know the people behind their posts :)

thank you all for your replies and your honesty. and i really want to hear from the others too.

i know now that this forum if it is used for chatting, hanging out, getting friends, getting a hosting or being a part of our life, all lead to one result, that this forums are important for all of us. and that is even better. Posted Image

Hmm I'll be brutally honest and say that I was attracted to the forums first only for the myCENTs. Before joining the forum I was totally against forum posting and the concept of a forum community. That was because I had spent a lot of time in a small community and made over 1500 posts and also made a lot of friends in the process, but one fine day, without any warning, the forum was shut down. That really put me off posting for a while. T17/KS offered no other choice to get hosting, so I started posting once again, but this time didn't bother too much on how many posts I made, and instead concentrated on the content and the members within. So far it's been a thrilling ride, although I do get bored now and then and take a break. This whole myCENTs episode has especially been tough, because the foremost thing in my selfish mind is still to get back something for my posting, but it just occurred to me really late that the myCENTs system at Xisto is still alive. This was enough inspiration to start posting there, and I'm also throwing in a post or two here as well :)Speaking generally about what the forum means to me, I'd say that I'll never forget it and I can't thank Opaque and the rest of the team enough. For years I've been desiring to get my own website and never got a chance to pay for my own site until T17/KS came along. I can't show my appreciation in a big way, nor can I promise that I'll continue to be here for the rest of my life, but I can surely say that I can never, ever forget this forum :P

Hmm I'll be brutally honest and say that I was attracted to the forums first only for the myCENTs. Before joining the forum I was totally against forum posting and the concept of a forum community. That was because I had spent a lot of time in a small community and made over 1500 posts and also made a lot of friends in the process, but one fine day, without any warning, the forum was shut down. That really put me off posting for a while. T17/KS offered no other choice to get hosting, so I started posting once again, but this time didn't bother too much on how many posts I made, and instead concentrated on the content and the members within. So far it's been a thrilling ride, although I do get bored now and then and take a break. This whole myCENTs episode has especially been tough, because the foremost thing in my selfish mind is still to get back something for my posting, but it just occurred to me really late that the myCENTs system at Xisto is still alive. This was enough inspiration to start posting there, and I'm also throwing in a post or two here as well :P
Speaking generally about what the forum means to me, I'd say that I'll never forget it and I can't thank Opaque and the rest of the team enough. For years I've been desiring to get my own website and never got a chance to pay for my own site until T17/KS came along. I can't show my appreciation in a big way, nor can I promise that I'll continue to be here for the rest of my life, but I can surely say that I can never, ever forget this forum :D

This just made my Day man :) Simply feels that I m on the right track and doing something good in my life.
Ofcourse... there is no words for me to thank WD for starting this thread.

Xisto finished it 6th year last week and here we are... in a new Avatar called Xisto and I hope 2007 brings more luck & members to this forum.

God Bless.

This just made my Day man Simply feels that I m on the right track and doing something good in my life.

Xisto finished it 6th year last week and here we are... in a new Avatar called Xisto and I hope 2007 brings more luck & members to this forum.

God Bless.

no need to thank me, we are thanking you and every administrator and moderator and members who make an effort and took time from their day to make this forum a better place for everyone and a real source of knowledge. looking more from everyone to make it a really even more unique forum than ever, good luck.

This just made my Day man :) Simply feels that I m on the right track and doing something good in my life.

You're definitely doing something great in your life which is making lots of people happy so keep up the good work :) And I'm sure every member who got hosted from here for free would like to thank you a lot but they may just not be putting it into words. As for those who keep complaining about the bugs and all, they keep forgetting that they've got their hosting for virtually nothing.

Well you could always tell her thanks for sharing!! :P:lol:

n a new Avatar called Xisto and I hope 2007 brings more luck & members to this forum.

umm....2007?

no need to thank me, we are thanking you and every administrator and moderator and members who make an effort and took time from their day to make this forum a better place for everyone and a real source of knowledge. looking more from everyone to make it a really even more unique forum than ever, good luck.

If I'm not wrong, the concept of hosting for posting was already there before the site started so we're not 100% unique. What makes us unique is that we've survived the test of time while the others have failed. Hooray!

If I'm not wrong, the concept of hosting for posting was already there before the site started so we're not 100% unique. What makes us unique is that we've survived the test of time while the others have failed. Hooray

well,  the first time i hear about such thing is when i found trap and read about its way of offering a free hosting for posting in a forum. before, i was testing my sites in a hosting sites that best thing they could do is put a big ads in the top. which was really annoy me, but didn't care that much because i was only testing sites not starting my new site. so when decided to start my own site i looked hard to find a good hosting plan.

Well you could always tell her thanks for sharing!!

:) yeah, and now i will tell you simpleton,  " thanks for sharing".

well, the first time i hear about such thing is when i found trap and read about its way of offering a free hosting for posting in a forum. before, i was testing my sites in a hosting sites that best thing they could do is put a big ads in the top. which was really annoy me, but didn't care that much because i was only testing sites not starting my new site. so when decided to start my own site i looked hard to find a good hosting plan.

I don't know exactly which site was the first to introduce the concept of posting for hosting, but it's obvious that ours is the most popular one among the lot. I doubt whether the remaining sites even survive today. Even if they did, they may be having limitations like the one you mentioned - having ads on the page, etc. So we're with the best - no doubt about that! :)

:) yeah, and now i will tell you simpleton, " thanks for sharing".

You'd better watch out - that is becoming something of a catchphrase! :P