xisto Community
BCD

Pay Through Paypal, Cc Verification Necessary Now

A few months ago I used to pay the hosting bill and for domain through my paypal account. My paypal account was not verified, that means I didn't enter my credit card information. But still I was able to pay the Xisto - Web Hosting bills, even though once while trying to purchase a domain from godaddy, it asked for cc verification. Now, after paying a few months with mycents, now I am trying to pay from my paypal account. Now it asks for verification when I try to pay CH bills. I do not have my own credit card to verify my account. But I have a cousin willing to verify for me with his cc.Now my question is... since I do not want to see unexpected billings on cc from some of the monthly billings I am subscribed to, which would take all money from paypal and take from cc balance too, or rather just for the peace of mind. Is there a way to verify with my cousins cc and then remove the cc info so that paypal can not have access to cc for withdrawing any funds from cc? Has anyone tried this? I Googled for help but with no satisfactory search results.

Once unlinked from a Credit card or bank, and if there is no other credit card's or banks linked with your Paypal, your account will become unverified again.However you can go to your local store that carries prepaid credit cards and buy one of those, if you have a Walmart near you you can get a GreenDot card which has a minimum deposit of only $10 with a $4.95 activation fee, after you get one of those you can link it with your Paypal and become verified.This method works with any type of prepaid/giftcard that is accepted as a credit card :)

Edited by Soviet Rathe (see edit history)

Just to give an update about my issue.I verified using my cousins credit card. Paid the bills. And then completely removed my Credit card entry from paypal. Soviet, its interesting because my paypal account remained verified even after unlinking the credit card information. It just displayed a message that, now I cannot pay through credit card which is obvious. So basically I do not have any credit card or bank account info on my paypal but still have the verified status and limits removed.

Yeah this is actually the same problem which i am facing but i have a partial solution for this . I too had my paypal account as unverified. So i was not able to do anything. I dont own a credit card and dont want to own a credit card too. All i have is debit cards. Though the debit cards are Visa powered still pay pal rejected those debit cards. I tried with almost 5 debit cards from 5 different banks. Still it got rejected. So then i went and tried adding, that is linking my bank account with paypal. That happened perfectly well! What paypal does is they will credit two small amounts in your bank and you have to enter the exact amount which they had credited into your account. Then your paypal becomes verified. Now that my paypal is verified. But i would say and call pay pall "CUNNING" here, Still they ask for my Credit card information when i try to shop something. I thought that they will take money from my bank account directly.Actually they dont !! Cunning !! people all they want is your credit card information. So that with their cunning policies taking advantage of the innocence of some of the users they can mint more money.Now that i had a linked bank account with my paypal, if i try to transfer money through bank to paypal, they dont allow. They say not possible to do this with this account. But still for my account now they allow paypal to bank transfer. This they allow because they get a commision in that. So cheap minded and customer un-friendly i would call. So beware ! with this paypal guys. !!