xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ash-Bash

Help Me With Joomla

Help me with Joomla please someone.This is my first time using Joomla I am using it to manage a football club website now I want custom groups though I can't seem to find out how to do it I would also like a gallery that contains pictures of the team which only members can join.Can someone help me with this, please try to find free addons

Hi guys, I just contacted support they told me to post here to get help well I have and no one is replying please I need help with this.

Well, there are different options and ways to do this. Either you can use the built in User Groups support or even use a Joomla Extension just for a community or group extension. I recommend you use the built-in options because its much easier but if you need even more features you can get a Community Extension which can be bought from the Joomla Extensions Site. The ones that require money are the most effective and have more features but it seems like you have a small site, so I suggest you get a free extension.

Here are some free ones I really Suggest:

Super Groups Light (simple)

Community Builder (good free one, medium-size sites)

Joomunity (best features but complex use only for big sites)

Project Fork (I use this one, its very user friendly and has tons of features.

And if you can spend a little money you should go for JUGA (Joomla User Group Access). Also, if need more help or if you need help installing them / setup just reply :).

Edited by deadmad7 (see edit history)

Oops, BBCODES are messed up :D.

Well, there are different options and ways to do this. Either you can use the built in User Groups support or even use a Joomla Extension just for a community or group extension. I recommend you use the built-in options because its much easier but if you need even more features you can get a Community Extension which can be bought from the Joomla Extensions Site. The ones that require money are the most effective and have more features but it seems like you have a small site, so I suggest you get a free extension.

Here are some free ones I really Suggest:

Super Groups Light (simple)

Community Builder (good free one, medium-size sites)

Joomunity (best features but complex use only for big sites)

Project Fork (I use this one, its very user friendly and has tons of features)

And if you can spend a little money you should go for JUGA (Joomla User Group Access). Also, if need more help or if you need help installing them / setup just reply :).

Sorry, you just have to search in google for them, BBCODES aren't working right now. :P

Not matter I don't need this topic open any more. I have moved from Joomla to Wordpress, Wordpress is a lot easier to use and so many bugs in Joomla its unreal how is it so popular and used so much...

Not matter I don't need this topic open any more. I have moved from Joomla to Wordpress, Wordpress is a lot easier to use and so many bugs in Joomla its unreal how is it so popular and used so much...

I won't go with that choice If i were you, there are many major differences between Joomla and Wordpress. Alot can be achieved by both of them, but there are entry different. First of all, I would agree that 'Wordpress' is alot more user-friendly than the it's rivals 'Joomla', as it has a ajax-inter face and its not as complex with modules, articles,etc. There is also the other top competitor known as 'Drupal'. Drupal and joomla share many of the same features, some of them very useful for a site like yours. With Joomla, you can turn your site into a FANBASE or even an online Magazine, in Joomla, it is made way more easier than in Wordpress or even Drupal.

Drupal, which is very developer supported, has a wide array of add-ons and plugins which can include video and image gallerys, both essential for a soccer based fan site. Including in these addons, you can rank yours users, set goals to achieve and it has a very good dashboard.

Wordpress, on the other hand is a great CMS to use when creating a website to display your thoughts, quickly and painlessly, while often it used as a blog , you can customize it to work anyway you want. The key to wordpress is that is very easy to set up and have running (hence, their famous '5- minute setups' :)). BUT Wordpress CANT be used for anything, it apparently isn't flexible enough (right now, anyways). That is part of the way Wordpress was invented, it was a foolproof setup and maintenance, if you could customize to do an entirely it would defeat the purpose of Wordpress and make it too advanced.

I think using either Drupal or Joomla would be PERFECT for your kind of website, it also has very customizable themes and others like add-ons to get the full effect. Wordpress is not that much developer supported. If i were you would think twice about picking it.

I would also choose Joomla over Wordpress for a user-group site. Wordpress is more of a blog than anything, whereas Joomla is more for sites that involve selling things, memberships, etc.As for creating custom groups, I think you could do it manually but I am not quite sure how all of that works. I think it also depends on what you need the groups for.

Most Joomla templates seem to be a mess in coding and the Joomla itself just has a awful interface and the SEO default options compared to wordpress are rubbish!I am sticking with wordpress.