xisto Community
OpaQue

It Took Me 5 Years To Understand A Forum It took me 5 years to understand a Forum

I think posting in a forum and interacting with people in side it and creating / becoming a community is understanding the forum itself :) Anyways, it really isn't that complex at all its simply a site for some, and community for others. What do you consider a forum as? A site or a community? I would say that its a community at most.

i think you are talking about the codes and how the scripts work. if that what you meant then i should forget it, i never worked on forum scripts before only know how in install them. and after what you announce here, if i i want to give a try then never gonna do it Posted Image.

i think you are talking about the codes and how the scripts work. if that what you meant then i should forget it, i never worked on forum scripts before only know how in install them. and after what you announce here, if i i want to give a try then never gonna do it Posted Image.

Yes.. The coding aspect was the most difficult part. As it took me a long time to understand the parameters in hand.

Regards,

shree

Forum the script or Forum the intricate social weaving?

If you understood 5 years after creating, what chance do I have of understanding it now? HA HA HA. You're too humble at times :)

No Buff, you know the controls in the admin area better than me. I consider myself guru only in the backend when i work in PHP.

I think posting in a forum and interacting with people in side it and creating / becoming a community is understanding the forum itself :P Anyways, it really isn't that complex at all its simply a site for some, and community for others. What do you consider a forum as? A site or a community? I would say that its a community at most.

Correct, Creating the community is important. I am realizing this slowly. Still learning.

Nilsc

Posted Image

Posted Image

& Chris

Posted Image

Posted Image

are the best. - shree Posted Image

Correct, Creating the community is important. I am realizing this slowly. Still learning.

i think you have always realized. it's just that some things may appear to be more important than other things. for instance. your new thread about alexa and getting in the top 1,000.....or adsense which would make visitors more important than members and an actual community.

personally, i am all for the community and reject anything that takes precedence over it, but it seems like i am fighting a losing battle because there is only a select few people now that actually care about the community thing.

we have two types of people coming here. the visitors who are searching for information and the members who want to contribute to information in exchange for hosting. when the membership decreases, the information decreases. when current events and information decrease, the less likely visitors will find the forum. the answer is pretty simply found by a 1/2 philosophical and 1/2 mathmatical equation. the actual money to be made lies in the members hands. not in the visitors hands. life is long term not short term. members are long term while visitors will always be short term.

so if you want to realize something....realize THAT because i think it's something to think about....

i think you have always realized.

Realizing and APPLYING and making it a part of your daily duty is what I ment. I am a human too. Time Management is the biggest issue this day and I m suffering too. If I don't put a Goal of bringing this forum on ALEXA, what will happen to you and our future. Alexa hardly has any Database of REAL users coming on the internet. We have a good score and I am not afraid of Online Competition. I am just speaking my MIND NOW while I m posting on the forum. my Visions can be discussed in a different thread.

Please do not fight a battle within a community. Anwii, I made you a mod to preserve the community and not to actually fight battles. There are no battles inside community, there is just sharing of knowledge for each other's evolution which i happening regardless of your activity in this forum. But the basis of your very purpose of writing at this forum is involves TYPING activity and a mental discharge of emotions into writing. We write for personal satisfaction and pleasure. We do things for personal gains... always. Thats the law. Else there is no point of action. Except Meditation while I wonder how many people do in this age.

Thank you for member research analysis. Admins know that my friend, I have somehow managed a good team here since 2004. The knowledge on this forum is not that SPAMMED too.

And I thank to all my members to help me express my little realizations in life effectively with your participation. Without you, certainly it was impossible from that START.

ps:sorry for grammar and broken english.

No Buff, you know the controls in the admin area better than me. I consider myself guru only in the backend when i work in PHP.

Nilsc

Posted Image

Posted Image

& Chris

Posted Image

Posted Image

are the best. - shree Posted Image

Creating the community is the SECOND main part, making the site and publishing it is the FIRST AND FOREMOST IMPORTANT. If you make a site and start publishing good content, USERS will directly come to you for knowledge, you don't build a community in the web, they come right to your site.

i think you have always realized. it's just that some things may appear to be more important than other things. for instance. your new thread about alexa and getting in the top 1,000.....or adsense which would make visitors more important than members and an actual community.

OpaQue is RIGHT! Visitors are MORE important, if you give more preference to the visitors and make the site friendly for them, they will SIGN-UP and become MEMBERS, there are no shortage of members on the web, and good members will always stay.

Five years, that's a long time. Forums should be designed ins such a way that it should be user friendly. If it took five years, I would say that it's not worth the time. It only shows you that the administrators are not thinking of what's best for the users. I like the way this forum is structured, but hate the way I have to log in every hour or so. Maybe it's a setting here on my end :P

Understanding forum it took you 5 years? It will took that long if you are about to create your own forum site or else understanding all the thread of one forum..:)

What's hard to understand? Usually a means of some social gathering in which people get together to discuss some or different interests. Quite an amazing tool to be honest -- whether the Internet or a forum. The fact that I could argue with someone in Japan (pending his English) about what kind of sushi is the best is a pretty cool deal.Or maybe I just might get ticked off at some troll who thinks he's the smartest person on the Internet. Eh.. forums.. discussions.. social networking. Good stuff.