xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mzwebfreak

Slanderous Accusations

Okay, I really didn't want to bring up this issue in my life, but he pushed the line with this one. First, the back story: my webmaster for my adult site had issues with my boyfriend/video editor about telling models about other paid shoots other than his own. He then proceeded to tell everyone in our local swinging community that he had fired Rich for lying and shady dealings. Now, he brought up the fact that Rich had been arrested for child molestation. The way he slants it on the webpage, he doesn't explain that the charges were eventually dropped once it was discovered that the girl in question had lied about the entire thing. He accuses him of being a child molestor, instead of being accused of being one, which is the actual truth. He has said that we should be banned from all functions of an adult nature in the area! I'm sorry, but this case of obvious slander has me so angry I could *BLEEP*ing spit. He basically imed everyone he knew with the url and told them that they should check it out for the "truth". I'm sorry, but I needed to get this out because this is really upsetting, and, if it weren't for the fact that the guy's not worth it, I'd go blow his brains out right now. Any help or hugs would be appreciated. *sigh*

Sounds like a bunch of highschool girls being nasty by starting rumors about each other. Since you operate an adult website, I'm gonna assume you guys are adults.Why let it bother you that he is making accusations? So he told everyone he knows... why does that matter? Do you run in the same circles? These things will tend to just blow over. And if your friends believe the things he says, good riddance.I'm not gonna make any judgements about the "Webmaster" cause he isn't here to defend himself. There is always 2 sides to a story.

Sounds like a bunch of highschool girls being nasty by starting rumors about each other.  Since you operate an adult website, I'm gonna assume you guys are adults.

Why let it bother you that he is making accusations?  So he told everyone he knows... why does that matter?  Do you run in the same circles?  These things will tend to just blow over.  And if your friends believe the things he says, good riddance.

I'm not gonna make any judgements about the "Webmaster" cause he isn't here to defend himself.  There is always 2 sides to a story.

50605[/snapback]

Here's the link: The Webpage

Why does it bother? because he's trying to make it so that we are banned from all adult events, including swingers parties. The link's where you can see for yourself that he is actively trying to ruin our lives. He is telling all the other local webmaster who we have dealt with as well as many in the local swinging community. It's not a matter of friends, but rather business associates believing it that I'm concerned about.

The page doesn't work. But, I don't really need to see what kind of stuff he is saying. I guess, if this is a matter of reputation that will affect your business or ability to earn a living, I think it is possible to take him to court. Assuming you have proof that what he is saying is not true and that what he is saying is hurting your business, you could sue for damages and also force him to take down any type of stuff that hurts your business. But, this is a very drastic move that will likely take a long time to resolve.Probably the best way to work out these things is to call the guy out and talk to him. Maybe understand why he is doing it and try negotiating with him. Your first post mentioned the problem being your boyfriend referring models to other paid shoots. If this is the actual problem he has, maybe he can be negotiated with. For example, get the other sites to offer him a referral fee, access to photos, or something of that nature.If that doesn't work. You can threaten legal action. But again, costly (time and money) and there is a risk you will lose.Unfortunately there is no real way to FORCE anyone to stop saying what they want unless you goto court. Freedom of speech... can be good or bad.

Okay, here's the latest update...apparently this went as far as the adult web community at large, with some articles being posted on a well known adult biz web-zine. But, at the same time, we found out that, somehow, most of Dusty's sites were offline, and, as luck would have it, he's out of the country right now, so he apparently doesn't know that that occurred. We're looking into trying to get a lawyer to work on a contingency basis, since we don't mind how much or how little we make off of this, but that Dusty can't pull this kinda bs again with someone else. But, on the good side, at the two main swingers clubs in the area- he's banned, so he can't go there anymore to try and shoot some content for his sites. :claps: