xisto Community
Echo_of_thunder

BP Oil I think you get the idea

What can I say about BP other than Big Problem. for the last month they have had there oil gushing into the Gulf Of Mexico. and what have they done to stop this? NOT ENOUGH!!! yea there tried putting a dome over it but it froze up with Ice. Hello BP it's a mile Deep. Yes it will freeze if you was smart enough to realize that. Also You have held classes on clean up yet you kicked out the press from this? You don't want the public to hear of your dirty little secrets I guess. in the mean time you have 206,873 Est. Gallons of oil per day going into the gulf? Yea people have stated Boycott BP Oil. Thats not gonna stop the oil. Now they say there going to pour mud and other "junk: in the hole in hopes of plugging it. yea okay sure. and is this does not work Drill another well. all in the middle of hurricane season. May get banned but BP Kiss My White beep. You knew of all blowout proventer and the broken seal 6 to 8 hours before the fire that killed 11 people. Fix the damned thing. Sorry folks I just had to get this off my chest. I grew up in Mississippi and I know that they beautiful white beaches will never ever be the same now forever. even if they cap it today there is still a months worth of oil floating out there working its way inland killing all the wildlife and putting people out of work maybe forever.

They have also setup a webcam now on remote vehicles and down by the pipe it self where the leak is, Please look at the link below to view it.
http://www.bp.com/

What can I say about BP other than Big Problem. for the last month they have had there oil gushing into the Gulf Of Mexico. and what have they done to stop this? NOT ENOUGH!!! yea there tried putting a dome over it but it froze up with Ice. Hello BP it's a mile Deep. Yes it will freeze if you was smart enough to realize that. Also You have held classes on clean up yet you kicked out the press from this? You don't want the public to hear of your dirty little secrets I guess. in the mean time you have 206,873 Est. Gallons of oil per day going into the gulf? Yea people have stated Boycott BP Oil. Thats not gonna stop the oil. Now they say there going to pour mud and other "junk: in the hole in hopes of plugging it. yea okay sure. and is this does not work Drill another well. all in the middle of hurricane season. May get banned but BP Kiss My White beep. You knew of all blowout proventer and the broken seal 6 to 8 hours before the fire that killed 11 people. Fix the damned thing.

I agree with you they have not put enough effort in to stop this leak, and the lack of creativity I thought of several good ways to stop the leak within 5 minutes of it being shown on the news. And it does seem you are very cross with this issue. They should be doing a lot more as you have said they I don't think they realise how much is leaking out and how much money they are loosing out on this. I can't imagine the fishing industry after this problem has been fixed (well if it ever does). The beach looks horrible on Google images and all the dead fish washed up on the sands in unbelievable. They need to take there heads out there asses.

They have also setup a webcam now on remote vehicles and down by the pipe it self where the leak is, Please look at the link below to view it.http://www.bp.com/

I agree with you they have not put enough effort in to stop this leak, and the lack of creativity I thought of several good ways to stop the leak within 5 minutes of it being shown on the news. And it does seem you are very cross with this issue. They should be doing a lot more as you have said they I don't think they realise how much is leaking out and how much money they are loosing out on this. I can't imagine the fishing industry after this problem has been fixed (well if it ever does). The beach looks horrible on Google images and all the dead fish washed up on the sands in unbelievable. They need to take there heads out there asses.

Cross is not the word bash, more like Pissed off beyond cross. and to top all this off yesterday Obama was down there looking around. That man has NO CLUE! as to what's going on if you ask me. He was more worried of the tarballs that how all this is effecting the people of LA MS AL and FL and maybe even the east coast if it really gets into the loop currents. Well one good thing is now up here in New Jersey we are not taking any chances at all. at the 1st sight of that mess out comes the booms.

According to BP, their latest idea of plugging the leak with thousands of barrels of waste has failed, meaning oil is still flooding out into the ocean: https://news.slashdot.org/story/10/05/30/0130203/BP-Says-Top-Kill-Operation-Has-FailedTheir current plan is to now use unmanned submarines to cap off the equipment causing the problem, and therefore stop oil flowing out from the well. The problem is that this will take at least another four days to complete. Their ultimate plan to stop the oil flowing, by drilling new relief wells, won't be completed for another three months. So unless the robotic submarines work, BP is really starting to run out of options. What baffles me is that a company making ?11.5 billion per year in pure profit can't use some of those funds to solve this problem.

Every minutes gone by, they are wasting more natural resources and further damaging the environment. Can and will some authorities slap them with a fine so heavy that is equivalent of the lost crude oil and the estimate damages done to the marine lives.

Lol Tom, This is place is called the vent this is where you can let out to anger without all the rules of the forum (basically).

I think this is a horrible horrible tragedy. I feel really bad for the fishermen who make (did make) their living off the ocean. Unlike the gazzillion dollar profits by the oil companies these guys are I'd guess for the most part, independant busnessmen and woman who work dang hard for a living, and now that is really getting flused down the toilet.And while you say BP should pay, and I'm sure they will, it will be the consumer that ends up paying for it. You really think gas prices will stay low when BP has to start paying fines and restitution to the business it destroyed? And paying for all the clean up? And what about future oil drilling? Won't this give the enviornmentalists a heafty baseball bat to squash any future oil drilling? Which of course will also keep the price of gas way up there, not to mention continue our dependancy on foriegn countries that quite frankly are already taking advantage of us. Any way you look at this, it is a huge disaster. I can't imagine that they are deliberatly screwing around not fixing it when they know how much trouble they are in. I suspect that the problems are that they just weren't equiped or even sure what would work to fix things in this type of disaster, the depth of the well and the complications of water preasure and all are making this a real nightmare, no matter what they try.

My idea on this is simple...well, it's technically Russia's idea, but it works. Nuke it. Russia nuked five of their wells that got out of hand, each time a single nuke fixed it. The big question if the government(s) come to ever resorting to it (however, they're prolly against it due to the Non-Nuclear Proliferation Treaty) is which nation'll nuke it,

there is a website http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
bp where it shows the size of the oil spill compared to where you live. It really helps put the size of the problem in perspective. I'm quite surprised at how bad the response has been to this problem, particularly the US government. They seem so slow to react to anything, the same with katrina before.With so many scientists in the world you would think someone could come up with an idea to deal with this. Haven't people thought about this possibility before? we've been drilling from these offshore wells for a long time

Gulf Coast always gets messed over by the government. First the nonsense w/ FEMA during Katrina. Now this stupidity. I don't even know what to think about them anymore. This is completely unacceptable. Everyone currently serving governmental positions should be laid-off and new people should be hired. I know that this sort of disaster is unprecedented, but I expect more from my government for how much I pay them! Though I'm not criticizing BP that much. I believe they waste too much time pointing fingers but other than that I have no problem with what they are doing. They're doing the best they can to a very challenging problem that rarely occurs so they don't know how to handle it. Of course they are asking via Twitter and internet, they need ideas. They WANT to stop it. It isn't like they are sitting there like "YESSS LETS SPEND BILLIONS OF OUR OWN DOLLARS TO DESTROY A SMALL SECTION OF THE EARTH'S ECOSYSTEM, MUAHAHA." They're doing the best they can and they're trying whatever they can.The best thing to do now is to wait and help clean the beaches.

The more you watch on Tv about the oil spill the madder we all should get. Just an hour ago I was hearing how several countries offered to send skimming equipment to help control the oil and our government did nothing. The other day a news segment about this woman who had been collecting hair and stuffing it into panty hose to help control the oil was not allowed to help due to the EPA who did not approve her method. Even though the EPA did approve another use of human hair that was made into mats. Now tell me how panty hose stuffed with hair are going to be more harmful to the ocean than oil gushing into it. And if it's not the EPA, it's the Corp of Engineers, when they wanted to build up berms to prevent oil from getting to shores and inland, they put (or tried to put) a stop to that too. There is without a doubt plenty of blame to go around. But it's looking more and more like the government is more of a problem than BP. Sure, BP caused the spill, but it's the government that is hindering clean up. And a complete lack of coordination is popping up at every part of this disaster. Restuarants are going broke due to lack of tourists, yet they are bringing in food from many miles away to feed the huge numbers of workers fighting to clean up the mess. Anybody see a possible solution to one of the promblems here besides me? There is just no coordination whatsoever. Can't anybody see the big picture? Something needs to be done, not sent to a government committee to be studied about.