xisto Community
BuffaloHelp

Mycent - It's Still Inactive [resolved]

you are totally off the point. buffalohelp stated something that was absolutely false and the past posts prove this. i am not going to sort through all of it.i am not arguing that the mycent system ever disappointed anyone. what i WILL say, since you brought it up is that the non activation of the mycent system is a disappointment to a lot of people. even those who never had an issue of an expired hosting or domain account. people are afraid to post under the current system and the complaints speak for themselves.so when i see an admin making light of a situation, i am going to give my 2 cents and i gaurantee you that i am not the only one who feels this way.

you are totally off the point. buffalohelp stated something that was absolutely false and the past posts prove this. i am not going to sort through all of it.

i am not arguing that the mycent system ever disappointed anyone. what i WILL say, since you brought it up is that the non activation of the mycent system is a disappointment to a lot of people. even those who never had an issue of an expired hosting or domain account. people are afraid to post under the current system and the complaints speak for themselves.

so when i see an admin making light of a situation, i am going to give my 2 cents and i gaurantee you that i am not the only one who feels this way.

I agree with you Anwiii, many people are PISSED off (not me, i dont have a hosting account :P) and I also don't like the fact that the Admins and Moderators are taking this so lightly, like theres not something wrong with the forums at all. Even me, I am getting pretty inpatient for waiting for the mycents to get installed.. while admins and mods are just hanging out somewhere, I'm sorry if you aren't but that is how it seems like now, so many delays and bugs and stuff with the site for sooo long. I'm pretty sure it has almost, if not fully become 2 months since the site changed, and NOTHING has got better.

All members with 2-3 Logic-accounts accounts using moderate resources have been given enough credits to last for 2-3 months.

WHAT!!!! 2-3 MONTHS??? Is it seriously going to take 2-3 months more? First it was 2 weeks, than a few days, than 1 month and now its 2-3 months. THE QUESTION I WANT ANSWERED IS, WHEN EXACTLY?

I ALSO WANT TO POINT OUT THAT : This Site is like a COMPANY and it has funds and it should be managed correctly, which i don't is going to well now. Admins should have tested the site on a DIFFERENT SERVER and installed Shoutbox, and coded mycents and other stuff. THEY shouldn't have even changed and THEN coded it, THEY should have kept the OLD FORUM until everything was ready, and then transfered from other server to this server or updated it or copied it or something. If it had been taking care of smoothy like above, i don't really care about how long it takes for the mycents to be coded for IPB v3 because we will still get funds from the old system.

The other main problem is that you don't take listen to user's suggestions, its like you just made 'Xisto.com' without anybody really agreeing and everybody said and voted that it was a bad idea. Then you said that 'it was your site'. I don't think its 'your' site anymore, its more of the 'community's site.

I'm sorry if anyone got offended or something, I'm just suggesting some ideas and stuff THAT NEED TO BE CHANGED so that the 'DREAM' of getting into ALEXA'S Top 1000 sites doesn't get wasted.

Edited by deadmad7 (see edit history)

kind of shocked its not working by now honestly, If I know Opaque he is hard at work trying to get this going again. as with any good script it takes time to get all if any bugs out so it works without a hitch.

Hi!That's two people voicing their discontentment up there in this thread and I won't discuss the issue of not having MyCENTs calculated because it has not affected me so far and almost everybody else who needed it got MyCENTs handed out by Opaque without having had to make the necessary postings. Sure, the MyCENTs system needs to be fixed but since two people have already mentioned it, I don't see any value that I can add by mentioning it again.What I would think was a concern is if fewer people are posting on Xisto now than they did before - it would be great if we had statistics to point to that point, but we don't really have access to such statistics. We can draw people to the forum by offering them MyCENTs and by offering them a great experience but it's the latter that we ought to try to focus on.I have been able to try another forum in the past week, whose name I cannot mention as that would be libel, and found more annoyances than I have on Xisto. The automatic signout, despite having checked the Remember Me checkbox on login, would log me out after every couple of minutes and would display authentication mismatch errors while I was logged in - I have exactly one account with them and I logged on with my personal computer so I can't really imagine what the mismatch could be. Another annoyance on the other forum was having a non-intuitive message editor that does not let me move my cursor around the message and insists on having me use backspace all the way up if all I want to do is fix the spelling of a word on the top of my post. Xisto doesn't have me going through hoops like the other forum does and although I don't have MyCENTs adding up, it has given me a better experience than something else I've used in the recent past which is why I still view Xisto in a positive light despite having had problems with MyCENTs.While I am just as shocked as anyone else about the MyCENTs script being non-functional for this long, I would like to draw everyone's attention to Xisto as a regular forum and the experience it provides, rather than Xisto as a system to earn MyCENTs, and let that drive you to keep participating in the forums till you the MyCENTs system is up again.In the meantime, you might want to ask for a 'loan' of MyCENTs to purchase new packages. Raising a support ticket for existing packages should have them paid for as a token of appreciation for posting to the forums.

hello is the mycent credit working now?

no, not yet, our admin is working on it now, we hope it will be finished soon. so just wish him good luck with the code. meanwhile, continue on posting because there is a script counts every post now, therefor keep on posting and you will get your mycent when it works again.

As for the Mods control over MyCents, this was my idea that I had brought up to OpaQue a couple of weeks ago or rather, it started out with an idea the ability to see how much a post is worth. Now regular users wouldn't be able to see this or they figure out the system, however, for mods this will be a sure fire way to find out who is cheating the system. Only tricky part is the ability to find out what posts have been edited because they don't show up in View New Content

Well that is one more view which i didn't think of(i'm referring to edit feature and logs that you pointed out). But if opaque is adding deduction for the mycents and if posts are edited and getting mycent deduction then why to add this feature(i.e ability for the mycent deduction by mods separately ?) ?There is already warning feature that deducts the mycents. Instead why not check the warning level of member and replies at the time when that members orders something using mycents ? Adding ability to deduct mycents just because moderator thinks so makes posting on Xisto like walking on thin ice. I mean whether edited or not you're(moderator) going to go through each and every reply and then deduct mycents based on your mood ? if not based on mood-say something else (take it as mood of every mod)then how can any member will take mod's decision for granted ? . For example, if mod think that x person posted a big reply for the sake of earning mycent and feels that he's not agree with his/her view then what ?(everyone here is posting for the sake of mycents that even includes mod-atleast few,if not BH) mod might deduct mycents which normal member can't view and if opaque think this type of modification of mycent is fair then posting on Xisto/ks will be less than what people are posting as of now. With all the rules and hidden check system it becomes trap of Xisto to be blunt. If anyone wishes to earn mycents then they've to be very calculative with their postings and words they use in posting if they wish to earn mycents. We're talking about community or something else ? They can't earn mycents just by being themselves in their posts cause any one-two sentence here and there could piss off moderator and can earn a negative mycent or deduction. Who knows ? Anyway,i know others will not agree with what i posted i just wanted to draw opaque's attention to this possibility. Feel free to rant on,i'm done anyway cause this feature is likely to be implemented so discussing about this in the days when mycents are off will not benefit me at all.

I really now hope this can be back online soon as I have a backup VPS hosted on here and money on my Paypal is on hold (I hate gaypal). Admins is there any update on when it will be back online?

I'm not too happy about the proposal to give more power to the mods, but I think we can trust OpaQue's decision to believe in the mods. We've got a good team already although I haven't seen some of the people in the "Moderating Team" list in a long time. In any case, if the members notice any irregularity in the award of myCENTs they can always bring it to the notice of the admins. If I'm not wrong, every move made by the members and mods is recorded for the admins to see? So in a way we are safe from the rage of the mods!

Umm guys .. Lets not blame Opaque. I'm sure he's not sitting jobless or partying right now. Being a software guy i know one thing. Its not always easy to say exactly when something will get done. So lets not pressurize him. Better to take a little longer and get a issue-free one than one where he hurried up and things arent perfect. The only thing that could've been done was getting all the coding done before the migration but now that its been done lets be patient. I know I'm new here but just my 2 cents (not myCENTS :P)

Sorry guys.. I got no better words to express my situation. I should had made a blog and update you about my current business. I am the only CODER in my company. None of my staff have any coding / scripting experience. And I m not outsourcing this task to anyone else... its me. I am managing about some thousand paying clients(Xisto - Web Hosting) and a few more thousand free clients (Xisto, Xisto, qupis). Also, a new office and a new home is being constructed and it needs my attention. (I can get easily robbed of thousands, if I dont pay attention to the workers) + because its a wedding season here, there are many trips happening to my native place. Trust me, none of this was ever planned... they just fell down. Here, I m talking about serious things... things like hacking my iphone (because of my sisters fault), fixing my friends CMS, fighting phishing cases raised on my members, hacking issues, bills & taxes etc... are not even considered. And I m proudly admitting, this is all because of my low staff. Low staff = Less headache, more profits, cheaper cost for members. I don't like to hire any random x..y..z.. Many members even noticed that I shut down Live Chat & expanded my paid services to free members. Bringing Live Chat back to xisto Network is the next challenge.My team take time, but we never fail. Till now, we were working in a shell... let me break it out peacefully :)@Mahesh: I am considering all the suggestions by my dear members :) I really think over it for the long run (considering cases where I will not be available). Coming to the Point about the Mod having privilege to control mycents - I m giving it to admin only. So technically, only BuffaloHelp a.k.a. Chris will have the authority to punish an abuse case by mycents.Current Progress: 2 Modules have failed to work . 1 Module belongs to invision & I have contacted invision about it. (I will not mention the modules for security reasons). This same module will be used for mycent in future, so I must wait. The second module is by a third party company.. but I must solve my problems related to forum by invision first. Then I contact this third party company. So I m waiting :)Sorry again.. This whole thing is really messy. Thanks for your support.

Sorry guys.. I got no better words to express my situation. I should had made a blog and update you about my current business. I am the only CODER in my company. None of my staff have any coding / scripting experience. And I m not outsourcing this task to anyone else... its me. I am managing about some thousand paying clients(Xisto - Web Hosting) and a few more thousand free clients (Xisto, Xisto, qupis). Also, a new office and a new home is being constructed and it needs my attention. (I can get easily robbed of thousands, if I dont pay attention to the workers) + because its a wedding season here, there are many trips happening to my native place. Trust me, none of this was ever planned... they just fell down. Here, I m talking about serious things... things like hacking my iphone (because of my sisters fault), fixing my friends CMS, fighting phishing cases raised on my members, hacking issues, bills & taxes etc... are not even considered. And I m proudly admitting, this is all because of my low staff. Low staff = Less headache, more profits, cheaper cost for members. I don't like to hire any random x..y..z.. Many members even noticed that I shut down Live Chat & expanded my paid services to free members. Bringing Live Chat back to xisto Network is the next challenge.

My team take time, but we never fail. Till now, we were working in a shell... let me break it out peacefully :)

When I saw that the first word of this post was Sorry, I thought it would be really bad news :P Luckily its an update, for which we should be thanking you. It seems you're very good at multitasking! You certainly have a jam-packed schedule. You should especially take care of your house - the workers can get cunning at times; anyway you know that already ;) Your strategy of having less staff members is debatable, but your argument is very convincing indeed.

I am considering all the suggestions by my dear members :) I really think over it for the long run (considering cases where I will not be available). Coming to the Point about the Mod having privilege to control mycents - I m giving it to admin only. So technically, only BuffaloHelp a.k.a. Chris will have the authority to punish an abuse case by mycents.

In a way it's a relief to know that only admins have the controlling power now. Not that I have anything against the mods, but it's somewhat reassuring to know that only two people have complete control over the members now :lol:

Current Progress: 2 Modules have failed to work .

Doesn't that contradict your earlier statement that you never fail? :P Just kidding! It must be really frustrating when something like this disrupts the coding process. I just hope the waiting period won't be too long anymore. Thanks for the update and enjoy your busy life :)

Sorry guys.. I got no better words to express my situation. I should had made a blog and update you about my current business. I am the only CODER in my company. None of my staff have any coding / scripting experience. And I m not outsourcing this task to anyone else... its me. I am managing about some thousand paying clients(Xisto - Web Hosting) and a few more thousand free clients (Xisto, Xisto, qupis). Also, a new office and a new home is being constructed and it needs my attention. (I can get easily robbed of thousands, if I dont pay attention to the workers) + because its a wedding season here, there are many trips happening to my native place. Trust me, none of this was ever planned... they just fell down. Here, I m talking about serious things... things like hacking my iphone (because of my sisters fault), fixing my friends CMS, fighting phishing cases raised on my members, hacking issues, bills & taxes etc... are not even considered. And I m proudly admitting, this is all because of my low staff. Low staff = Less headache, more profits, cheaper cost for members. I don't like to hire any random x..y..z.. Many members even noticed that I shut down Live Chat & expanded my paid services to free members. Bringing Live Chat back to xisto Network is the next challenge.

My team take time, but we never fail. Till now, we were working in a shell... let me break it out peacefully

@Mahesh: I am considering all the suggestions by my dear members I really think over it for the long run (considering cases where I will not be available). Coming to the Point about the Mod having privilege to control mycents - I m giving it to admin only. So technically, only BuffaloHelp a.k.a. Chris will have the authority to punish an abuse case by mycents.

Current Progress: 2 Modules have failed to work . 1 Module belongs to invision & I have contacted invision about it. (I will not mention the modules for security reasons). This same module will be used for mycent in future, so I must wait. The second module is by a third party company.. but I must solve my problems related to forum by invision first. Then I contact this third party company. So I m waiting

Sorry again.. This whole thing is really messy. Thanks for your support.

i really admire your honestly in here, you are on the right way opaque, you are building trust and respect in your forum, not only people looking for mycent. 

and REALLY this what i think everyone should think about  when they complain about the delay of mycent , they should think that you are not kind of a robot sit in a room all day just programming for the forum. but you are a human, have a family to take care of, have other things to do in life, you may be stressed or depressed or even get sick of the codes and the work. i know many won't like what i say here, but it is the fact that they should see. 

i really wish you good luck in your house and office building, and thank you for this explanation to your members. and i totally agree with you about working alone as a coder, because i am just like you, if i have a dozen of programmers, i will never let anyone put his finger in my code  :), good luck opaque.

if i have a dozen of programmers, i will never let anyone put his finger in my code :)

As much as I agree that in OpaQue's case it's best for him to work alone, I think for bigger projects it's always advisable to code as a team? Otherwise it could take forever for the code to get ready and it would take another lifetime to get it rid of bugs. So it's good to start learning to work in a team as a preparation for bigger projects...

@Mahesh: I am considering all the suggestions by my dear members :) I really think over it for the long run (considering cases where I will not be available). Coming to the Point about the Mod having privilege to control mycents - I m giving it to admin only. So technically, only BuffaloHelp a.k.a. Chris will have the authority to punish an abuse case by mycents.

Thanks a lot for taking my points into consideration. :)