xisto Community
BuffaloHelp

Mycent - It's Still Inactive [resolved]

Alternatively, you could look on the good side: when the system works again, you'll have loads more myCENTs
I was wondering what the value of each myCENT is in posts. How many would I get for writing something this length?

too a point minus if you owe any for your hosting or a domain name

Awarding mycents through Reputation Points (renamed to Wisdom Flags)Member Rating Percentage influences the amount of mycent the user gets for his posts.

What about negative voting or rep from users or even mods ? Or you're keeping it as o or 1 or whatever by removing negative rep ? And i can't comment on member rating influence on mycent without seeing the implementation of this. So waiting for that.

Wikipedia Links in Post will give BONUS points

I don't know how it'll benefit forum SEO wise. Though google favors linking to establish site but there is no benefit in terms of PR.

Giving Mods myCENTs control

So there is going to be chasing from mods to every reply if this suggestion is applied ? I don't know what you're thinking right now. Isn't spam control and negative rep or warning from mods enough ? Or you want to limit activity of users by letting mod go on spree to chase for each and every reply and then if they like reply posted by users then they'll up or down vote it ? Though you've trust on mods but isn't this stretched too far for earning mycents. Anyway,it's your call.

Few more suggestions:

Blog -mod if installed will likely to attract spam sign ups. So make sure you allow blog feature after 100 posts or more for every user.

25 post limit: can you do something about this ? I mean can you raise it to some higher value for regular or active users ?

2.Member Rating Percentage influences the amount of mycent the user gets for his posts

Hummm, not sure on this one. If a bunch of animal rights freaks join up and they didn't like me I'd get less for posting???? Don't think that's a real good idea.

Anyway, what I am wondering about now, when the mycents is finally fixed, are we going to get credited for all the posts we have made in the past several weeks while it has been down? My account is near rock bottom and I've been trying to get plenty of posts in, but I hate to waste my time if they arn't going to count anyway.

Anyway, what I am wondering about now, when the mycents is finally fixed, are we going to get credited for all the posts we have made in the past several weeks while it has been down? My account is near rock bottom and I've been trying to get plenty of posts in, but I hate to waste my time if they arn't going to count anyway.

opaque said that he is running a script that counts all the posts now, so don't worry sheepdog, just keep on posting and when mycent works again you will get your mycent, we all do. 

Thanks Web Designer, that is good news, I'd hate to get any further behind on the mycents account than I am now, I'm down to about 38 cents. Of course, I have no idea how much I've gained from my posts since mycents hasn't been working, hope I don't get any unpleasnt surprises, I guess I better get to typing my fingers to the bone! My poor little fingers are getting a real work out. Still trying to finish up spring shearing, milking, and tonight trying to get a dumb goat's head out of the gate, my hands are definatly getting over worked.

Thank you Mahesh for suggestions. :) I needed them.

What about negative voting or rep from users or even mods ? Or you're keeping it as o or 1 or whatever by removing negative rep ? And i can't comment on member rating influence on mycent without seeing the implementation of this. So waiting for that.

I wont implement this in 4.0... may be in 4.1. This feature is still new and I need to observe it for some time.
Negative reputation is not required. I thought about it for a week.

So there is going to be chasing from mods to every reply if this suggestion is applied ? I don't know what you're thinking right now. Isn't spam control and negative rep or warning from mods enough ? Or you want to limit activity of users by letting mod go on spree to chase for each and every reply and then if they like reply posted by users then they'll up or down vote it ? Though you've trust on mods but isn't this stretched too far for earning mycents. Anyway,it's your call.

Yes. A lot of members signup for advertising their blogs or some product. They come and make 2-3 advertise posts. Moderators will have ccontrol only over the myCENTS. once the myCENTS are converted to DOLLAR and deposited, they can no longer reverse it. However, Mods can prevent a Spammer from earning Dollar and therefore save our hosting resources. Using our coupon code, Members buy hosting for $1. And making $1 is no big deal :/

Blog -mod if installed will likely to attract spam sign ups. So make sure you allow blog feature after 100 posts or more for every user.

There is no Configuration option to do this.

25 post limit: can you do something about this ? I mean can you raise it to some higher value for regular or active users ?

Alright, Increased this to 51.

Thanks Web Designer, that is good news, I'd hate to get any further behind on the mycents account than I am now, I'm down to about 38 cents. Of course, I have no idea how much I've gained from my posts since mycents hasn't been working, hope I don't get any unpleasnt surprises, I guess I better get to typing my fingers to the bone! My poor little fingers are getting a real work out. Still trying to finish up spring shearing, milking, and tonight trying to get a dumb goat's head out of the gate, my hands are definatly getting over worked.

Hey.. Please don't worry about your hosting. Please send a mail if you are going down on USD CREDITS in your billing account. We will take care of your hosting till this update goes live. And don't worry, all your posts will be calculated.

Any other ... Good and Bad News.. Invision released 3.1.1 LOL. time to upgrade.

Wow! I and all the other members have been complaining about the post count being 25 for such a long time and now he just asks for it and it gets it? Feels a little bias here... anyways, I don't really care because I could now go on all day posting sprees now :P

Those new features looks great, but i don't think you should make other members affect the number of mycents you get, it feels too unbalanced and could end up in trouble. 

I also don't get the point of adding wikipedia links in your posts, it could also be time consuming too, and wikipedia usually can't be trusted for gaining knowledge. But i like the other features though, they sound great! 

And i have some suggestions too:

myCents updated simultaneously

After myCents are updated, a pop up dialog pops up and says the for example the follow message : "You have earned 0.30 myCENTS for your last post. You have earned totally earned 1.50 myCENTS today!"

In the portal, top myCENT earners with avatars/profile pictures.

Chatbox on top of every page/topic. 

More USER TITLES. from 0 - 500. :)

And also a SERIOUS BUG: When you edit your signature, it says that you can only have 3 LINES but it counts picture bbcodes too! and it won't allow a picture and a sentence. 

PLEASE do something about the two k's in KXisto also! It really creeps me out! thanks :D

sorry, I went on a 2 day vaccation and came back today. I will resume the coding ... the coding is still stuck at 80%. I already mentioned before, The forum upgrade comes first now. First all the changes from V2 to V3 will be understood and the changes are made slowly to the board.

Once I understand the NEW ADMIN panel of v3, I will resume my Coding to use all new Features of v3. This approach gives me new ideas for new features...

Like, I was thinking of :-

Awarding mycents through Reputation Points (renamed to Wisdom Flags)

Member Rating Percentage influences the amount of mycent the user gets for his posts.

Mycent based on SEO index per post (where SEO index is calculated based on Post Content)

Wikipedia Links in Post will give BONUS points

Mycent for Topic Replies

EDITing old Posts gives Lower MyCENTS

Giving Mods myCENTs control

More myCENTs for Active Users

ETC ETC ETC XD

New features sometimes cause me to re-write considerable amount of code. So Planning & Research does takes a lot of time.

Previous credit system algorithm favored NEW users. And members who were suspended.

I m planning to make The new Mycent to favor OLD users. ( still confused about this part )

Anyway, I m not sitting idle and my EVILNESS is growing day by day.Posted Image

MyCENT 4.0 will be released Soon.

iPeace.

#1 Interesting idea, how I wish this was implemented years ago, all that yummy Credits/MyCents I could be earning.

#2 I would think the multipler should be either .05, .25, or .5 to make that, only drawback I see is that it can't be retro active or people would be in the hundreds of dollars in MyCents. My case, thousands :lol:.

#3 I think that would require knowing how google indexes and they won't give that secret up or you miight have to give more details on what your thinking about this one.

#4 Only problem is that some users will post a few thousand wikipedia links with no useful content in the post. Might be useful to see if you can cap the number of wikipedia links in a post and that might fix this possible issue.

#5 Thought that was always implemented, I knew the Credit system had that before the switch and so I would assumed you had implemented that in MyCents. I would think multiples of 5 or 10 would make the process simpler then doing it on post by post basis.

#6 1/3 of the value seems justifable especially if a person is only adding a line or two to his or her original post.

#7 Your welcome

#8 argueable since you can't really set a standard for active users, but maybe increasing the MyCents for a user by .01 or .1 for every 500 posts could be something to look at.

#9 That is why you pay me the big bucks

Hummm, not sure on this one. If a bunch of animal rights freaks join up and they didn't like me I'd get less for posting???? Don't think that's a real good idea.

Don't worry, when the script is completed and running in the forums you be credited from all the posting you did.

opaque said that he is running a script that counts all the posts now, so don't worry sheepdog, just keep on posting and when mycent works again you will get your mycent, we all do.

exactly.

Depending how many times you post and how long the post is as well, you could be earning anywhere from $5-$30 that is a lot of posting but that is the range I would think most users will fall in when the script goes live. Of course, it could be more but that depends on how you post and so if you got some tutorials worth publishing best time to do them now.

Thank you Mahesh for suggestions. :) I needed them.

I wont implement this in 4.0... may be in 4.1. This feature is still new and I need to observe it for some time.

Negative reputation is not required. I thought about it for a week.

Yes. A lot of members signup for advertising their blogs or some product. They come and make 2-3 advertise posts. Moderators will have ccontrol only over the myCENTS. once the myCENTS are converted to DOLLAR and deposited, they can no longer reverse it. However, Mods can prevent a Spammer from earning Dollar and therefore save our hosting resources. Using our coupon code, Members buy hosting for $1. And making $1 is no big deal :/

There is no Configuration option to do this.

Hey.. Please don't worry about your hosting. Please send a mail if you are going down on USD CREDITS in your billing account. We will take care of your hosting till this update goes live. And don't worry, all your posts will be calculated.

Any other ... Good and Bad News.. Invision released 3.1.1 LOL. time to upgrade.

Well it doesn't take much to start adding a bunch of negatives to a persons account, especially if those members happen to have problems with each other so that definately makes sense.

Though I never really seen how IPS runs a blog through its software, I would think that would take up considerable resources and actually take away from posting on the forums. Granted the person only be able to post it once but I guess it is one of those things that is a wait and see on how it is used. Yeah, blog spammers is what will make this the most fun.

As for the Mods control over MyCents, this was my idea that I had brought up to OpaQue a couple of weeks ago or rather, it started out with an idea the ability to see how much a post is worth. Now regular users wouldn't be able to see this or they figure out the system, however, for mods this will be a sure fire way to find out who is cheating the system. Only tricky part is the ability to find out what posts have been edited because they don't show up in View New Content.

Odds are we would need to see if logs exist for editing posts and see if we can bring that to Mod Cental in some way and then display two values, a before and after to see what kind of difference in terms of values has been made to the post.

Hi! I'm just joined two days ago and I was wondering if when everyone's myCENT start updating, will my myCENT status show up as well along with all my earnings from my posts accumulated? I have already signed up at the Xisto billing site with the same email address as I did with Xisto. Thank You.

Hi! I'm just joined two days ago and I was wondering if when everyone's myCENT start updating, will my myCENT status show up as well along with all my earnings from my posts accumulated? I have already signed up at the Xisto billing site with the same email address as I did with Xisto. Thank You.

yeah it will arctic code, since there is a script counts everything now. all your posts now will be count and you will get your mycent just like us. we all can't wait to get them  :), so keep on posting and enjoy .

members like Saint M. who have 10,000 posts here create a CHOAS within my servers

That was indeed a nice comment on Mr.Saint M and Mr.Admin , just send an invoice to SM for the server space that his posts has occupied, he he .. neway just kidding, hope Mr.SM dont kick me out next time when he finds me in the chat room

In case you didn't already noticed, the forum was acting stranger while OpaQue was upgrading the forum to the next version. This is the price you pay for purchasing a working script that is complete new to both--the IPBoard company and OpaQue.And with this upgrade, OpaQue notified me that myCENT will be delayed. It's an unforeseen delay that we have to ask you all to wait a little longer before your myCENT is updated.If you have received an invoice please submit a ticket to Xisto - Support so that OpaQue can buy you time. Please be aware that your hosting is inconvenienced AND OpaQue is working day and night trying to resolve this. This means he is not being compensated because he is "paying" your invoices with his own funds. I just wanted you to see the both sides. Oh, by the way, I have not seen this month's invoice for my hosting accounts. I'm assuming OpaQue went ahead and took care of those. I am also assuming he did the same for you(hopefully :)).I have not being around past two weeks or so. That's true. My friend's son went through his 35th spinal fusion surgery and I drove his family to Cleveland Clinic. That's about 5 hours from where I live and I did not pack everything with me when I left. And with every surgery like this it comes with great risk and there were moments we thought we lost him. And when I returned I had to host my future in-laws while they were visiting. If you are married you know how that can be. It's nice to be back on the normal routine. Keep me informed with your forum kinks and let's iron them together.

If you have received an invoice please submit a ticket to Xisto - Support so that OpaQue can buy you time. Please be aware that your hosting is inconvenienced AND OpaQue is working day and night trying to resolve this. This means he is not being compensated because he is "paying" your invoices with his own funds. I just wanted you to see the both sides. Oh, by the way, I have not seen this month's invoice for my hosting accounts. I'm assuming OpaQue went ahead and took care of those. I am also assuming he did the same for you(hopefully :)).

why would people need to send a support ticket if an admin states that opaque would take care of everyone's monthly invoice? that doesn't make sense. what DOES make sense is that MANY people have complained already that their hosting is NOT being taken care of so why you would assume otherwise is beyond me. you know, HOPEFULLY you can start stating the truth in some of your announcements.....

why would people need to send a support ticket if an admin states that opaque would take care of everyone's monthly invoice? that doesn't make sense. what DOES make sense is that MANY people have complained already that their hosting is NOT being taken care of so why you would assume otherwise is beyond me. you know, HOPEFULLY you can start stating the truth in some of your announcements.....

why would people need to send a support ticket if an admin states that opaque would take care of everyone's monthly invoice?

--- I do not take care of invoices by doing 10 hours of manual work, I just add a few funds into your account and I buy you time like BuffaloHelp said.

that doesn't make sense.

--- You are not making sense here. Please Write in Points.. everything that is noT RIGHT according to you.

MANY people have complained already that their hosting is NOT being taken care of .

---- Who are these MANY people? please list them. Lets do a TRUTHFUL case study. I have ticket ID of all emails sent to Xisto. Lets take permission from members to open their case in PUBLIC for discussion.

For Anwii's information:-

All members with 2-3 Logic-accounts accounts using moderate resources have been given enough credits to last for 2-3 months.

No Domains (till now) were Expired due to lack of mycents.

Only 1 Logic-Pro account is held on HOLD (that too considering the large number of orders under a single user)

MyCENT system/script has taken care of members valuable effort since 2004. This is nothing NEW. relax. :)