xisto Community
BuffaloHelp

Mycent - It's Still Inactive [resolved]

Dear Xisto members,We are very and truly sorry for this inconvenience. It's been over a week, over 10 days and now we're all into 3 weeks since our forum upgrade and myCENT is not being updated for your active roles in this forum. For that, I would like to apologize on behalf of Xisto.com.I will try to get the exact date (not estimated or projected) when myCENT will be turning back on and give you an immediate update.Please stand by little bit longer and hang onto your patience little bit while. With much appreciation,Buffalo

thank you buffelohelp for you apology and you declaration. i am sure that even members are complaining but they still very supportive and faithful to the forum. after all we are all trappers and trappers support each other. waiting for more news and thank you.

Thanks for the news bulletin and keeping us informed something of which I would like to see more of on this forum. Many Thanks hope to see it back soon...

Hey! Thanks for the information Buffalohelp! Though, I thought that the myCents would have been ready sooner? I mean, how many lines of code is it? Any estimations? And how does the myCENTs even work? Well anyways, thanks for the update and I'll be waiting for the next announcement...

I mean, how many lines of code is it? Any estimations? And how does the myCENTs even work?

well, that's what i thought of long time ago, and here is what i believe is happening, since mycent stands on two things (quality of a topic and length of a topic) so i think there is a counter to collect post lines and for quality i think there is kind of quality rate for topics mostly be done by mods add to all these the rating of the post that made by members. the total will give a specific degree for every topic which will be related to the topic's poster by the member unique id to make sure every member will get only his own mycent. after that, this degree will be added to his mycent account in xisto and the result will be shown here in forums and in xisto account.

so putting all this in a program is not that hard thing to do but using this program to synchronize with a forum needs more work because the data will be read from the forum values, since the old mycent was related to the old forum that means it is compatible with the old version which make this system not compatible with this version, therefore opaque has a lot of work to do to update the system or rewrite it again and make sure it works properly.

maybe i am wrong but this what i came up with after trying to figure out how this system is running.

I would like to apologize on behalf of Xisto.com.

you take soo much responsibility, really nice !! and yes i am very sure people over here are waiting for the update on MyCents and many other things like shout box etc. And thanks :)

we had a lot of people complain about why the forums haven't been upgraded. now we have a lot of complainers that are worried about the mycent system and their hosting accounts. you know in some ways, you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.ash- i agree 100% with you. announcements have to come regularly. the members need to be informed every step of the way. why even have a forum if it's causing so much troubles and complaints. all it does is lose valuable members in the long run. something this place could never afford recently. i hope there are plans to get this forum moving and shaking again. not just an upgrade. i would have liked to see 100 posts a day before an upgrade any day!

Last I heard from OpaQue the Script had to be recoded and that started last week and if I remember correctly when the script was rewritten for V3 took about a month. So it could be awhile but since the dude never sleeps it could be shorter then that, but I would keep on posting and when the script is ready you just get a good amount of MyCents when the script is run through the forum. Of course, expect some slow down or forum down time because it is a lot of posts to go through from when the script went offline to when it comes back online again.

We are very and truly sorry for this inconvenience.
It's been over a week, over 10 days and now we're all into 3 weeks since our forum upgrade and myCENT is not being updated for your active roles in this forum. For that, I would like to apologize on behalf of Xisto.com.

great example of admin declaration, i love those who did this announcement thing (and totally hate the one that just disappeared and let the users went riot before giving announcement...)
well since i almost can't do anything for the scripting, i can only pray for your good luck on your jobs, admins. we are always waiting for the great news :P

and if I remember correctly when the script was rewritten for V3 took about a month

really? i wasn't there when the forums still using the credit system, but a month sure is quite a while o_0but i think since OpaQue has found the concept of the mycent scripts, it should be sooner right? well i hope he's fine and in good fitness to be able to do his good work :)

On May 19th, OpaQue announced his plans for rewritting the myCENT code for the new forum. Unless he gets distracted with other things hopefully he should have a working script by the end of this month.He also announced that those who are having issues with your suspended hosting due to myCENT shortage, please email him directly so that he can do something about it.Log into your Billing page, submit a ticket with ATTENTION: OpaQue regarding myCENT and suspended account. Include in your support ticket that your account was suspended because myCENT was not updating.Or, use the direct email "support (AT) Xisto - Web Hosting {dot} com"

Last I heard from OpaQue the Script had to be recoded and that started last week and if I remember correctly when the script was rewritten for V3 took about a month. So it could be awhile but since the dude never sleeps it could be shorter then that, but I would keep on posting and when the script is ready you just get a good amount of MyCents when the script is run through the forum. Of course, expect some slow down or forum down time because it is a lot of posts to go through from when the script went offline to when it comes back online again.

Wait, so this means that when the myCents comeback online , it goes through all the posts and we get all the mycents? I thought that posting right now doesn't count ?

Based on my humble knowledge of myCENT system, yes you will get your post credited even at times like this. Unless if i'm mistaken or they changed the system in myCENT V4, the system will count your posts value from the very beginning to the latest. That's why there was this edit button abusing trouble, because the system also look at the old posts and counted it in. Please correct me if i got anything wrong :) Well maybe some long poster like anwiii will have at least 10 dollars credited when the system goes online :P

Thanks for the updates BuffaloHelp; they're really helpful :) Just like the other members I hope the new system is back online very soon. OpaQue is doing a great job with upgrading the code, although I wish there had been a way to implement the older code temporarily until the new code is ready. I'm sure the members wouldn't mind a slow script instead of no script at all! Anyway until then I hope at least one of my hosting accounts will be kept alive till things get back to normal.

Wait, so this means that when the myCents comeback online , it goes through all the posts and we get all the mycents? I thought that posting right now doesn't count ?

OpaQue already explained this in other topic (though perhaps some may not have understood). The myCENTs system currently does not count any new posts, but once it is back online, the system will go through all of your posts and award you accordingly. There is no point in not posting until the system is back up. However, it is uncertain whether OpaQue will label the modified myCENTs system to Credit System v4.

But also, the new forum version, IPB v3, according to OpaQue, has certain optimizations to its posting system that will improve the performance of the myCENTs system, and do to other IPB modifications since the last IPB forum version, will allow for unlimited editions for your own posts, rather than having a 10 minute limitation. I'm sure reporting your "suspended" site to him will slightly slow down the coding process, but at least those websites won't be down.

Based on my humble knowledge of myCENT system, yes you will get your post credited even at times like this. Unless if i'm mistaken or they changed the system in myCENT V4, the system will count your posts value from the very beginning to the latest. That's why there was this edit button abusing trouble, because the system also look at the old posts and counted it in. Please correct me if i got anything wrong :)
Well maybe some long poster like anwiii will have at least 10 dollars credited when the system goes online :P

The new Forum has NEW features. Studying it takes time to understand how I can take advantage of the variables present in front of me. I am almost done re-coding it. Even though the script making job is pretty easy.. members like Saint M. who have 10,000 posts here create a CHOAS within my servers. So, the script also must take care about MEMORY and execute the tasks as Efficiently as possible.