xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
The Simpleton

Google's Pac-Man Logo

Everyone knows that Google keeps changing its logos for some special occasions. But until now all the logos were merely doodles. But their latest logo is a fully-functional pac-man game, created to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the game! So if you want to play Google's pac-man, visit google.com before the day is over! Look at the screenshot if you don't believe me :P I barely managed to finish 2 levels before I got bored :) Test your patience against this classic game....

http://i47.tinypic.com/2r5ba7b.jpg

yea, i noticed that. at first, i thought it was just a design. then a few hours later i realized you could actually play the game. i had to give it a shot. i can't ever get tired of pacman., it's one of my favorite games.... :)here is one of my scores....post-19564-065645800 1274494445_thumb.jpg

I noticed that as well. I thought it was pretty cool to be honest and I ended up wasting a lot of time on it. I think this may be the first time Google has ever done something like this.

Yep, that is interesting... but a topic just on a Google Doodle? Are you kidding me? Well, whatever. It is kinda of fun though :) I managed to get through the 3rd level and then quit -- heres a hint for you -- click the 'INSERT COIN' button and then play a game -- then hit the button again, now you can play 2-PLAYER with Ms.PacMan and Pacman! You use ASWD buttons to control Ms.Pacman. But I play with both myself lol :P

why not? it's hot news. it's all over the net now or haven't ya noticed? also, it wasn't just about the google doodle but pac man. one of the most popular video games EVER! i think it's very cool that google has gone to such great lengths to show their support in a part of american history that you will never see in the history books.not only that, but this pacman game is tough. you think you can go straight through and you can't. you are partially blocked by part of a wall. i would play it more but i like my laptop too much :)but it would be interesting to see if anyone can get over 50k. i can't seem to get past the apple stage

Yep, that is interesting... but a topic just on a Google Doodle? Are you kidding me? Well, whatever. It is kinda of fun though ../../public/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif

Dog bites man.....that's not news; Man bites dog.....now that's news! :P The weirder the news is, the better. which is why I started this thread in the first place :D Anyway the logo's gone now and I guess there's no way to play it through the home page again. There's still an option to play just the pacman game through Google's games page, or we could simply wait for another 30 years :)

not only that, but this pacman game is tough. you think you can go straight through and you can't. you are partially blocked by part of a wall. i would play it more but i like my laptop too much :)but it would be interesting to see if anyone can get over 50k. i can't seem to get past the apple stage

You got that right; it's too damn hard to get past the later stages and I gave up soon. And in any case, the fun wears off after a while anyway, so I just play until it's fun.
Edited by The Simpleton (see edit history)

I have seen it too. And like Anwii, thought it was just an image and didn't realise that it was a functional game. Too bad they have removed it. One thing I have to add thou. I find Google being the front-line in everything, including this. How many companies would actually change their logo as and when they like?

yup! it is now officially gone. i was playing it last night and got something like 75k haha those suckers really move fast at that level. i got to the third intermission. i miss pacman already! :)

you guys make me interested, so i tried to play it yesterday, but unfortunately these days i have a bad connection speed so i couldn't do anything. i didn't move a pace yet and got the game over Posted Image

yup! it is now officially gone. i was playing it last night and got something like 75k haha those suckers really move fast at that level. i got to the third intermission. i miss pacman already! :)

Wow... you are like a expert, i could never be good in pacman or anyother retro/ arcade game. I miss Pacman too! If you want, you can use Google Chrome, download a plug in called 'Google Doodles' and change the Google homepage to any of your favorite doodles -- I have mine as the Original 2000 Google Doodle!

you guys make me interested, so i tried to play it yesterday, but unfortunately these days i have a bad connection speed so i couldn't do anything. i didn't move a pace yet and got the game over Posted Image

I never really heard of a connection that bad, I have a really bad one but I can still play it... try loading everything and then starting to play that might work for you :P

Yeahh !! THis was really cool and i remember many of my friends were playing this. and it so happened that in the work place one guy was playing and the boss comes and asks when did they unblock online games ! and the reply was simple , Google ! :)