xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dave23

Creating A 'post Message' Form

Hi all!

I just created my web site and was wondering if it was possible to add a page that let's other people write something (just like a forum)!

in short this is what I would like to include

1. A feedback/ discussion page
2. anyone can start a new discussion with a possibility for others to reply
3. with a possibility to upload files (pdf or word files)

i would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me with some codes

Dave

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

you should give us more details, what you want can be done in many languages. and since you post this in java section, should i assume that you want the script in java or javascript?and are you using a certain CMS like wordpress, joomla, blogger....ect.

you should give us more details, what you want can be done in many languages. and since you post this in java section, should i assume that you want the script in java or javascript?
and are you using a certain CMS like wordpress, joomla, blogger....ect.

Thanks! javascript or html code would be fine i guess! I started using php forum and i have it linked on my website but I am unable to meet my needs!

i would like to have the forum just as one additional page on my site!

thanks again!!

in short this is what I would like to include
1. A feedback/ discussion page
2. anyone can start a new discussion with a possibility for others to reply
3. with a possibility to upload files (pdf or word files)

ok, i will explain something for you, adding feedback to one of your posts in your website is different from from adding a discussion page. for example, if you want visitors to reply and add a feedback to your posts you can do this by adding a comment form but you won't get the ability to make them upload files like pdf files.

if you want them to start a discussion and others reply to it, then you should use one of the forums scripts. something like vbulletin or phpbb...ect.

and all these can't be done by only javascript or html. because it requires a database for your visitors and interactive script and that needs a programming language like php. so you should start from here, choose what do you want to add and search for the best script that fits your site, if you have any further questions feel free to ask. good luck.
Edited by web_designer (see edit history)

ok, i will explain something for you, adding feedback to one of your posts in your website is different from from adding a discussion page. for example, if you want visitors to reply and add a feedback to your posts you can do this by adding a comment form but you won't get the ability to make them upload files like pdf files.
if you want them to start a discussion and others reply to it, then you should use one of the forums scripts. something like vbulletin or phpbb...ect.

and all these can't be done by only javascript or html. because it requires a database for your visitors and interactive script and that needs a programming language like php. so you should start from here, choose what do you want to add and search for the best script that fits your site, if you have any further questions feel free to ask. good luck.

Oh ok I got it now!! thanks a million! I don't have much knowledge of this stuff and didn't know the details!! I will try to study phpbb more as i already have started it!!

thanks again!!!

Oh ok I got it now!! thanks a million! I don't have much knowledge of this stuff and didn't know the details!! I will try to study phpbb more as i already have started it!!
thanks again!!!

So is this solved? I can help you out. You can try something such as a guestbook but change it up so it's to your liking.