xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Little Asterisk

Hi,I've got only one question and would appreciate if anyone could answer: Where are these avatars being pulled from? Because I haven't set anything as my forum avatar and, as you can see, there is a small image on the left. I suspected Gravatar was the source, but after changing my Gravatar image nothing seems to have changed. Since I might have set this image on some other sites, as well, I'd like to know where is it so I can change the image.Shout if you know the answer or if you don't understand the question. :)Thanks.

if you want to change your avatar in forums, from your profile> edit my profile> change avatar. remove the old one and after that add the new avatar. if you don't know where this avatar comes from, check your profile for the sites that you connected them with your profile, for example facebook. now it is synchronizing with the forum profile.

if you want to change your avatar in forums, from your profile> edit my profile> change avatar. remove the old one and after that add the new avatar. if you don't know where this avatar comes from, check your profile for the sites that you connected them with your profile, for example facebook. now it is synchronizing with the forum profile.

I didn't want to change my avatar, but just to find out where it was coming from. I didn't connect with any service, so my first suspect was Gravatar (from Wordpress), but since I've changed it yesterday and it stayed the same I guessed they don't pull images from Gravatar.

However, it seems that my avatar was updated today - guess it just needed some time to process. :)

Oh, and if anyone wants to know why I asked - it was because I didn't like the 'old' avatar and I wanted to delete it (duh :P).

P.S. Did you notice how many times did I mention "avatar" in this post? :D

The forum assigns default avatar when you register. This is the way IP.Board was written. Avatar can be changed but when you delete (and you designate no other avatar) it will go back to being a default avatar.