xisto Community
web_designer

The Letter ?Z? Will Be Removed From The English Alphabet

click here

After carefully considering and debating the matter for over two years, the ELCC came to the conclusion that the letter "Z" should be removed from the English alphabet. The main objective of this change is to simplify the phonetic aspect of the language, and to unify the American and British spellings.

NOW WHAT!!! deleting the letter Z from the English alphabet!!! what a crazy idea is this. i don't know what kind of authority that this ELCC have but it really could take such a huge step.

to me, i think it is completely nonsense. i like the letter Z in english, where is the wrong if british english is different from american english ??

just a week ago, i read a topic about this book "The American Spelling Book" by Noah Websterhow and how English brought to America by British and how Americans change it through years to become "American English" not only " English". if they start unifying American English and British English they will never end. and finally, we will get Will Smith talking like Mr. Bean Posted Image

don't get me wrong here, i have nothing against British i do love all kind of languages. i like England and how British talk and i like Mr. Bean movies Posted Image but i do believe that every language and every accent in a certain language has its special characteristics. and i don't like anyone mess with this.

nowadays, in every country we can see there are more than one accent in the same language. in some way it gives uniqueness for a certain people. for example, in France, all french talk french language but the accent different from people who live in pairs to people who live in province. in my country, people who live in cities talk differently from people who live in country side. everyone have its special characteristics.

the funny thing they mentioned is that, they will replace every word contains Z with X or S depending on its spelling, and here is what we'll get:

- zero becomes xero.

- zoo becomes xoo.

- visualize becomes visualise.

- analyze becomes analyse.

sounds funny to me. anyway, this is my opinion, what about yours??

Edited by web_designer (see edit history)

NOW WHAT!!! deleting the letter Z from the English alphabet!!! what a crazy idea is this. i don't know what kind of authority that this ELCC have but it really could take such a huge step.

They don't actually exist. This is an April Fool joke that has been doing the rounds for a while and people still occasionally see pop up in their inbox.

and finally, we will get Will Smith talking like Mr. Bean Posted Image

Thankfully not every American speaks like Will Smith and Mr Bean is probably the only Brit who actually speaks like Mr Bean :) You can see what it would be like in most movies though - for some reason Hollywood still think everyone in England has the strongest cockney accent the world has ever heard!

the funny thing they mentioned is that, they will replace every word contains Z with X or S depending on its spelling, and here is what we'll get:

- zero becomes xero.

- zoo becomes xoo.

- visualize becomes visualise.

- analyze becomes analyse.

sounds funny to me. anyway, this is my opinion, what about yours??

In the UK we spell analyse with an s and use -ise at the end of words. Apart from the overall difference in accent between the UK and the US, there's no real difference in pronunciation between those two spellings. Using x instead of z is a bit weird, but does make sense; we already have words like xylophone that use x for the z sound.

They don't actually exist. This is an April Fool joke that has been doing the rounds for a while and people still occasionally see pop up in their inbox.

thanks god Posted Image i thought it could be unreal but found a lot of websites publish the same thing.

Thankfully not every American speaks like Will Smith and Mr Bean is probably the only Brit who actually speaks like Mr Bean :) You can see what it would be like in most movies though - for some reason Hollywood still think everyone in England has the strongest cockney accent the world has ever heard

i know, it was a joke, because Mr. Bean doesn't speak at all in his movies Posted Image

also, i have relatives who live in London, and i do think that British speak a little different from American, maybe because you live there you can't see the different but for foreigners there is differences in accents.

It's the first time I hear this, but it really sounded strange for me that Z letter could be removed form the English alphabet, but this is a great Aprils fools joke! Thumbs Up :DEven though Today I read it and I first didn't believe it and thought to write, that I don't believe in this nonsense, that Zoo could be spelled Xoo, or Zero could be Xero, Xero for me sounds more like Hero or Ksero? Not Zero :DTo believe in such a joke would be quite impossible :)

If they can wipe Pluto out from the solar system, what is stopping them from removing the letter "Z" for the alphabets?

OH,REALLY, Posted Image

pluto wiped from the solar system!!!

i always know that we have nine planets and now became eight??

what is this? i think i read an article about that. they considered Pluto as one of Neptune moons because Pluto is the only planet that move in an oval orbit not circular that makes it crosses with Neptune orbit for a certain period of time " i can't remember it " maybe for months. is this the reason or they found another one?

Edited by web_designer (see edit history)

If they can wipe Pluto out from the solar system, what is stopping them from removing the letter "Z" for the alphabets?

ummmm....pluto is still in our solor system. they are just not considering it a planet. they will also never wipe z from the english language alphabet. people are gullible :)

ummmm....pluto is still in our solor system. they are just not considering it a planet. they will also never wipe z from the english language alphabet. people are gullible :)

Ya, that is what I meant. From a planet, they have "downgraded" Pluto to a star (or moon). So on paper, we have one less planet on the solar systems but I know many still see Pluto as the furtherest and last planet on the system.

they will also never wipe z from the english language alphabet. people are gullible :)

WHO KNOWS!!!
there are always a new theories and rules appear everyday, we never could guess what will happen and why. i won't surprise if someday they will announce that we live in a simulation world and we are computer programs characters, hahahaaa.

i dunno. it might work. let's everyone talk without the letter "Z" for a day and see what happens :)i don't think opaque would like that thought due to seo purposes....

This is just a scamish / hoax news that has been spreading through the web recently :) There are no plans or anything to remove the letter Z from the alphabet and no company or group itself has the power and authority to do such a thing. There is no such organization as the "English Language Central Commissim' , its totally made up. Funny to see what happens to people with the letter Z in their name? Does Zack become Xack or Sack? :P

Edited by deadmad7 (see edit history)

Funny to see what happens to people with the letter Z in their name? Does Zack become Xack or Sack? :)

yeah, funny idea deadmad. and ZOZO becom XOXO or SOSO. if there's a chance that this will happen then i will have a lot of fun calling everyone have a Z lettet in his name with S or X. HAHAHAAA

Wow it's amazing to see people still discussing about this thing even though everyone knows that it was a prank. Well I guess it is funny to guess how it would have been if all of this is true. Except for the names beginning with Z I don't think I would notice any huge difference as well, because my country follows the Queen's English as well, with a few local variations. It would really be funny to see the rest of the world trying to get used to the new spellings!!

Is this true ? and is this really gonna happen ? If so let me know when ? Then all future generations will say there are 25 alphabets in the english language ?? if Z is removed i dont understand what will happen then , err.. i guess it is not possible to remove a alphabet just like that. I have one crazy doubt, then should i pull out the key Z from my keyboard :). Moreover what will people do whose names have Z in it. Eg. Zavier . and there are soo many issues like that. I remember there is a Bike by name CBZ then will they call it CBSeeeeee lol .. Just let me know whether this is really gonna happen and if so tell me when .