xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
longtimeago

Z - Os Mainframe operating system

In today's world every one is quite familiar about the operating system Linux, windows. Every little kid will be able to tell at least one or two words about windows or linux. People are familiar about these 2 operating system because they use one of them in their personal PC's. Now i just wanna make every one aware of the fact that there is something known as "Z operating system" I got to know this very recently and i was just wondering how come i never got to know about this particular operating system for over a period of time. This is the operating system which is used in mainframe computers. The sad part over here is that every one(including me)would have been familiar with the term "mainframes", not only familiar with the term but also we will be knowing what is it.But we might not have known what is runs on .The operating system which is used by mainframes is Z/OS. It is a proprietary OS of IBM. Z/OS is a 64-bit operating system for mainframe computers. It was developed by IBM. Before Z OS was into existence there were few Operating system which IBM was using such as OS/390, MVS and some others. The mosh highly Appreciated fact about Z operating system is that it has extreme backward compatibility .Z/OS has the attribute of modern operating system and retains its orginal functionality too. So i wish every one take a not of this. In a nutshell remember this "Mainframes uses Z operating system" :)

thank you nirmaldaniel, for these information. btwn: don't panic, a lot of people don't know many things about windows or linux. how do you think they can know anything about the operating system that works on mainfarmes, also IBM is not popular as microsoft at lest these days. anyway, useful information, thank you for sharing.