xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
contactskn

Which Is The Best Laptop Brand Today.

Dear friends which is the best laptop brand today. Does anyone have the mini series of any brand I mean to say the laptop with an atom processor and around 250 gb of hdd and 10" screen. Please provide with right guidence dear friends.

I don't thin that there is any " best laptop" because ti depends on your needs, and on your personal taste, and different brands are the best in different things. For ex. One brand ABC(just an example) is the best in performance the other is better at battery power and the other for display and such. So you must look in the internet(google it) and search for a laptop the accomplishes all your needs.

When I was purchasing my netbook, most dealers would point out to brands like Dell, HP, Acer, but out of the 10 shops I enquired in, at least 6 of them seemed to think Acer was the best in the netbook category (I hope by 'mini series' you meant 'netbook' ). If you're looking for a notebook (standard sized laptop) then you'd better stay safe with better-known brands like Dell and HP as they have better after-sales service compared to the remaining brands. If you're looking for just a netbook, then I think there's nothing wrong with the Acer brand as it has a good mix of options you get. I bought the Samsung N128 netbook in spite of a lot of people advising me not to, and so far it hasn't given me any sort of problems. But to stay safe, stick to the well-known brands

Hi!@contactsknI'm a fan of the Lenovo Thinkpad series because they are built to last - they have rigid screen hinges that do not loosen with use and the keyboard has a good feel. Thinkpads also have a trackpoint for working the mouse cursor, which has an advantage over the touchpad when typing because you don't accidentally click with your palms while typing - you can simply disable the touchpad or at least disable the tap to click feature on the touchpad and use the trackpoint.When considering price as a key decisive factor in buying a laptop, most people I know prefer to get an HP. They may not last very long, but the folks are comfortable with the idea of changing their laptops periodically instead of getting one that lasts a long time. I know a couple of people who tried their luck with Dell laptops, but pretty much all of them have had problems affecting keyboards, power adapters, and hard drives.I have had co-workers with Acer and HP netbooks. They didn't seem too happy with having a netbook though - the smaller screen was more of a concern for them than anything else.

My father got me this laptop Hp Compaq nx 7400 in mid 2008. Costed around 52K at that time. 512 MB RAM, 60 Gb hard disk, inbuilt bluetooth, Intel centrino processor with genuine Window XP SP2 and 1 year licensed Norton Antivirus.I am in love with this lappy. Its so easy to use. so simple design. Great keyboard and touch-pad. I used to play NFS, AOE, counter-strike, call of duty like games on this lappy using touch-pad only. no extra keyboard. touch-pad is such a beauty to use unlike those poor and very stiff right left clicks of HCL lappy and they will cover everything with cheap plastic. No heating problem like those of home edition of HCL and many other lappys. No sound problem if u do the dusting properly. no screen problem i ever had.Many a times i by mistake slept on my lappy or stepped on it as it was under some blanket and i use to sleep on ground only.. but no problem , wear and tear it ever showed.About battery, in starting it gave 2 to 2 hr 15min backup (depends on settings). This year april 2010 it was giving 40 min backup... yes 2 years my battery worked. now i am running it without battery on direct AC.no problem ever faced .. today on may 10th ... i plan to have a new battery and may be some enhanced RAM.The only thing i wished i could have was a DVD writer. Coz i got Cd writer+ DVD reader at that time... don't know what the reasons were for that ... i mean only reader available that time or my father thought that reader will be sufficient. whatever i am a proud owner of HP Compaq NX 7400 after using it for 2 years.Planning to go for a new HP or Dell lappy only. They are true value for money... no excessive show off like Sony waio series or stupid lappy like those of HCL.About config.. that much was available at that budget.. Now checkout for new HP series. And this being a old model is nor recommended any more but is worth the money.

Well everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but if you are just looking for recommendations I would have to say the HP or Compaq are the best in my opinion, the one I have is a Posted ImageHP G71-442NR

17.3" laptop with Intel Pentium Dual-Core processor T4300 ?Intel Pentium Dual-Core processor T4300 ?17.3" HD display ?3GB OF RAM WITH 320GB Hard Drive ?Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit<----- This was Copy and Pasted, sorry, too much to actually type<-----

And it works great, and it is only about 600 dollars at walmart, compared to one of similar specs from dell cost about 1k, so they are well worth the money, but that is if you aren't playing decked out games, because it has a low spec graphics card, but it can play Bioshock 1, on medium quality, so thats pretty good I guess!!

post-96826-012019000 1273456169_thumb.jpg

For my Today personally the best laptop brands are Samsung and Lenovo!I have a Samsung 15.4 inches laptop, with which I didn't have any problems for almost 2 years, also I have a Lenovo desktop computer with which also never ever happened, even though it's quite new so I can't judge it.My brother has a Lenovo laptop, which is also very good. One of my friends who works in a computer company which fixes and etc. laptops/computers and other devices, says that usually he needs to fix HP, Acer, Dell computers.. Even though I think Dell is used so widely, at least in my country rather than Samsung or Lenovo, as they are much more expensive, maybe thats because people come to that company and asks to fix it, as warranty is usually 2-3 years. :)

i did my research when i bought my laptop. as far as a general consensus, toshiba makes the best laptops. considering repair records and the price, toshiba edges out the competition. after my research, i had to go with toshiba. i bought my laptop for $500 brand new and it's now worth more used that what i paid for it new. desktops are a whole other ballgame though!

All the rant about Alienware Systems and those from Apple... I hate both brands because of the price.You can get an almost similar one for half the price... I always liked the Toshiba line for home use and for serious gaming/editing I prefer a desktop. Think about it, by just adding a Solid State Drive in a machine can drastically improve performance. It all comes down to the pocket of the buyer and his/her needs.And like I always say to persons who are looking to buy a new machine, do thorough research... and not limit your questions to one forum.Look at customer support reviews also and the availability of drivers just in case a new operating system comes out and you want to upgrade.For the more knowledgeable we all say build one from scratch. It will cost you less and you don't get that bloatware.My thoughts!

As i said before the best way to choose a nice laptop is first trying to search internet to see if any major problem exist related to the model you want to buy, a nice place for searching is notebookreview website, search in their forums and you will find any major problem related to any specific model. some problems aren't really important like some dell keyboard getting dirty very soon or the problem with the lead of some hp ones which is a little loose or getting loose after some usage, this are not important as they do not affect the performance of your laptop. but there are some problems which can affect the performance like overheating of graphic card in some old HP models.Any good brand like sony, hp, dell and many others are completely reliable but if i have to choose a laptop by the brand factor then i go for sony ones, i will never buy a laptop without warranty because we can see many reliable brands like sony are producing laptops which needs serious repair after a month or two. Apple Mac Books are reliable too and very durable even i put my foot on my friends laptop when it was running and nothing happened and nothing braked. i think it is very important to buy a laptop which is not made in china, nowadays finding such laptops is a hard work and even if you find one most of its inside equipments are made in china, but i can see those sony laptops which are made in japan or u.s.a are having really more rigid body than those which are made in china. so the brand is not a very important factor but you should not choose from those brands which are not even having a website.Choosing a brand is really depended on the time, i mean look at 4 or 5 years ago, back then no one knew about MSI notebooks but now they are producing really high quality and durable laptops with very nice prices. so i think it is very important to see some reviews on the net from popular websites (like note book review) for finding if the brand you are looking for is any good or no. MSI is doing well with new laptop cpu like the second generation of corei7 for laptops and is producing very high performance laptops like their new GT680, so do not always think about those old and popular brands you know from years ago, there are always new and reliable brands coming out and you can give them a try.

I think toshiba satellite is best option to go for if you don't play too many games on laptop. You can also go for fujitsu tablet style laptops. I found satellite laptops working fine for me. They're low on graphics end though, i mean no graphic card which prevents you from playing some good games. But that' s okay you can do fine with typical low graphics end games. Fujitsu components are made to last long, especially battery is so good. I found HP battery way too low in comparison to these laptops and have to rate fujitsu's battery at much higher scale.