xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
hollow

How To Increase Song Volume For Phone

Hi,I'm using Goldwave software to edit audio for general phone that can support Mp3 format. However, I don't know exactly what is a good bit rate and adjustment that would give best loud volume on phone speaker. I prefer to hear the song from the loudspeaker, not using the headset.Welcome from all comments.Thanks.

Hi!I haven't used GoldWave, but what I can tell you is that the bit rate does not define the volume - it defines the quality of the audio. If you reduce the bit rate, you will have a smaller file size. Phone speakers do not give you the same output as a home theatre system so you will not see any benefit in using very high bit rates.If you would like to play audio at a high volume, first try to turn the phone volume all the way up, and if that is not loud enough, you can use a sound editor, perhaps even GoldWave, to amplify the volume. If you amplify the sound excessively, you would lose quality so if you do want higher volume than the phone can support, use a pair of amplified speakers - they are cheap and you can easily find one to meet your needs... there are travel speakers that are battery powered and table-top speakers that are hooked up to a power outlet.

Hi,
I used Goldwave few years back. I personally don't like the software because its not too professional. I use Sony Soundforge. However, for a simple task like bitrate conversion you can always use lame. Bitrate (in layman's language) defines the clarity for the song. The higher the bitrate the better it is. Since MP3s are lossy, the lower bitrate you find will be of smaller size. I usually try and keep my songs in 320kbps. A 160 Kbps song is good enough if you are listening on a normal headphone. If you use a professional headphone or a 5-6 channel surround system , go for 320 kbps. There are also VBR (Variable bitrate) songs . That can be sometimes better in listening since they are sometimes superior to even 320 kbps MP3. A normal phone generally supports all bitrates. However, My Moto Ming only supported bitrate of upto 160 kbps. So its a hit and try thing. If your phone doesn't play a song, Lower the bitrate. Bitrate is entirely different from loudness of volume. It can effect the clarity but not the loudness. You'll have to decide the loudness yourself. btw if you set it too loud you might damage your speaker also. I hope this clears your confusion.

Hi,
I'm using Goldwave software to edit audio for general phone that can support Mp3 format. However, I don't know exactly what is a good bit rate and adjustment that would give best loud volume on phone speaker.

I prefer to hear the song from the loudspeaker, not using the headset.

Welcome from all comments.

Thanks.