xisto Community
Ash-Bash

Itneed Webhosting

Hello,
I used to have a web hosting site 'ITneed' it then went down as I had no time to run it. Now I am back I would like you to review the web hosting site please PM me if you would like a free account to test this as well.

Please could also some members suggest some special offers.

Link:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Many thanks,
-Ash
Edited by Ash-Bash (see edit history)

I'm not that keen on the logo. Rotating the letters like that makes it look slightly childish and unprofessional. That doesn't fit in with the muted blues and greys used on the rest of the site, which give a more muted and professional feel. Try it without the letters being rotated and see what it looks like on the site - personally I think it'll look a lot better. Those 5 dots used to create a 'smile' have become a bit of a clich? and very overused recently. They're also a bit detached from the rest of the logo and look out of place. Finally, the capitalisation of "Cheap Web hosting" is a bit random - either capitalise all the words, or just the first one :)Random capitalisation continues throughout the site. It makes the text look unprofessional and like it hasn't been proofread before you put it online, especially when it's in large images, such as the one on the main page which says "Cheap UK Based web hosting From just ?1.00 per month". Why capitalise 'Based' and 'From'? I know it's just a small thing, but it's an error repeated throughout the site, and it removes polish and professionalism from it.I notice Tux is still missing part of his foot too :POn the Hosting Plans page, the titles in the table don't quite line up with the data below them. Without the grid lines this makes it a bit tricky to follow what's going on, especially if the table gets expanded with other plans in the future. The prices also don't make it clear that they are per month. The Order link takes you to a generic billing page, which breaks usability. The order link should take the user to a page allowing them to actually order the product, or you should replace it with text saying "Any of these can be ordered from our billing area", linking the text "billing area" to the billing area.The claim of 99.9% uptime allows you to go offline for approximately three quarters of an hour every month. You also don't say that excludes scheduled maintenance, so you are severely limiting the amount of time you have for maintenance and for unscheduled outages. However, the 99.9% claim may be too low for some clients. This is something I'd investigate further to make sure you can meet this claim, and that it is acceptable to your clients. You also state all your packages include special offers - well that doesn't make them particularly special offers, and you don't say what they are.Finally you mention on the "About Us" page that people can phone you with queries, yet I see no phone number on the site. You also don't have an address up there, which drastically reduces the credibility of the operation.

I'm not that keen on the logo. Rotating the letters like that makes it look slightly childish and unprofessional. That doesn't fit in with the muted blues and greys used on the rest of the site, which give a more muted and professional feel. Try it without the letters being rotated and see what it looks like on the site - personally I think it'll look a lot better. Those 5 dots used to create a 'smile' have become a bit of a cliché and very overused recently. They're also a bit detached from the rest of the logo and look out of place. Finally, the capitalisation of "Cheap Web hosting" is a bit random - either capitalise all the words, or just the first one :)

Hi ok well the letters are not rotated its just the font, I used to be good at photoshop now I hardly ever use it so if someone could make me a logo that would be fantastic.
This is winding me up now lol, I will try and fix his foot later.

The phone number will be put on soon I am getting that sorted as you did mention last time.

Where would you suggest to advertise this?

Hi ok well the letters are not rotated its just the font, I used to be good at photoshop now I hardly ever use it so if someone could make me a logo that would be fantastic.

I'd switch to a different font. I might have a go later at making a logo to distract me from my revision. Of course you could always make a request in the graphics forum and see what people come up with.

The phone number will be put on soon I am getting that sorted as you did mention last time.
Where would you suggest to advertise this?

Certainly on the contact page, and probably on the support page too. Remember that having people phone you is also a chance for you to sell to them (if they're not yet customers) and get honest feedback straight from them. Both of those factors are vital for improving your business.

For the design/layout/look, it can be better , but for the stability and contact 5/5. No downs till now, great support from Ash , fast website opening , many features...

hi ash, i take a quick tour in your website and here is my opinion: - the layout in general is good. simple and paying attention. but you should use more attraction effects. for example, add a flash logo to advertise your services and hosting plan. - the logo in the header looks good but not suitable to the site. you can do little changing and it will looks great. for example, make it 3D with smooth edges and change the letter of "itneed" to "ITneed". - in "hosting plan" tab separate the hosting plan in a table or div with different background color to pay more attention for your hosting plan. - in "special offer" tab you should use the min-height property in css to make your footer still in the bottom and don't jump up when you don't have offers. - on "order" tab, your tabs don't appear you should add it to make it easy to navigate through your site. - in "about us", "contact us" and "support" i think you should add a div or table with a light background color to make it looks better. that's all, good luck

For those of you who are saying the layout/design can be better well yes it can though I am keeping it simple and the hosting is based on 'simplicity'. For the logo I need to find someone who will make me a logo yes I used to be very good at photoshop now after years of not using it my skills are limited. This weekend I will be changing the random caps, correctly grammar and replacing caps etc.. through all of the content currently on the site. If anyone here would be happy to make me a logo for my hosting site please contact me here via PM or email me at admin@itneed.netMany thanks all for the feedback. I mean yes it bad feedback but that's how sites become the best in my opinion.

Ok web_designer has made a logo for me please can you give feedback before I waste time putting it up tell me what can Be improved and I will pass it on to him or someone else can have I go I really don't mind :).

Web_designers logo:

Posted Image

Thanks to him :P.

any time hope you good luck with the new site, and it's HER not HIM ash Posted Image

that happens to me for the hundred time, what!!! nobody see what is written under my avatar Posted Image

it's not about you ash, it always happened to me here maybe i will pm opaque to make my gender in pink Posted Image

Haha well you have some good skills for a girl compared to some I have seen :). Ok guys start reviewing the new logo made by Web_designer.

Sorry for the double post though this topic could do with a BUMP as I really don't want to make another. ITneed has now moved to a new faster server and the uptime is at 100% since the start of the year. The old template was a bit to simple like some of you said I finally had a professional template made which looks so much better and still easy to navigate. The offer of the ?0.99 || $1.50 approx || for unlimited web hosting is still up for grabs until next year. Incase you don't want to pay you are able to get our Free package which is 9/10 times better than other free hosts and comes with sub domain.Please do try out the free hosting if you wish.

To be honest your current logo looks much better to me. And i have to say that your template for the site is professional. It's white background and clear layout and nice choice of colors. This time the site is more professional, i doubt this logo will look good on that. Get a corporate logo if you want,stick with that type of site design.I like the new look of the site, ash. Good work. :-)

personally, i don't like either one...your first one has a symbol of a g with an arrow around it. what is that supposed to me? global? you don't mention global anywhere on your website so that doesn't fit at ALL. web designers logo includes "cheap webhosting" within the logo. i am against putting keywords in any logo at any time when it's easy to just put regular text for seo purposes.if i had to choose between the two, i don't know which one i would pick. your current one looks more professional, and web designers looks more fun. they both have their pros and cons but i would go with your current one. also, if you are going to allign your logo on the left hand side, put a slogan on the right.wd- if you were going to put a keyword in the logo, you should have put "smater webhosting" in it since that goes more along with the title of the page rather than "cheap webhosting".btw- welcome back, ash

Edited by anwiii (see edit history)

personally, i don't like either one...
your first one has a symbol of a g with an arrow around it. what is that supposed to me? global? you don't mention global anywhere on your website so that doesn't fit at ALL. web designers logo includes "cheap webhosting" within the logo. i am against putting keywords in any logo at any time when it's easy to just put regular text for seo purposes.

if i had to choose between the two, i don't know which one i would pick. your current one looks more professional, and web designers looks more fun. they both have their pros and cons but i would go with your current one. also, if you are going to allign your logo on the left hand side, put a slogan on the right.

wd- if you were going to put a keyword in the logo, you should have put "smater webhosting" in it since that goes more along with the title of the page rather than "cheap webhosting".

btw- welcome back, ash

well i remember that i didn't change much from his original logo. only made it 3D and added some shadows and colors here and there, even the fun look it was his. i didn't change much because i don't know him to know how he wants things to look like. therefore i sticked with his design and colors just edited it a little and added some touches. even the "cheap web hosting" is what he wrote in his old logo, if i remember right :) .

I don't know what you guys are talking about... this one is looks better for a webhosting site than the one before. Hosting sites have to be quick to point with the info all there. People surfing through don't want to see "personal" stuff. I really love the new design but the logo is kinda off. I think its a G globe with a arrow around it... something about fast and all around the world i think? The menu is the part which is a little unprofessional with the blue underline thing, Instead, try a blue coloring inside. I think you did a good job with this one. P.S. - I gotta give you props for the "Meet the Team" page, its great. ;)