xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
networker

This New Forum Is Terrible!

wowzers batman, First a new name and now a new forum. well I have stated my feelings before of the name change :) but as for the new forum? this is a tossup right now. Part of me likes it and another part says Trash can here. Just will have to get used to where everything is I know. Yea it needed a change. I have stated that in this forum quite a few times. This new forum does load very fast now in Firefox where as before I could click on it, go fix me a cup of coffee and a snack, come back at it would be waiting for me like a new little puppy ready to play.

But so far only think I do not like of it are two things

1, the baby blue color. Kinda dull need something exciting and bright to say HI LETS POST.

2, this

You can make 25 more posts today.

I think it should be cut even more. I mean there some folks that well Over post.
other than that? WTG!

I agree about the skin, that it's too dull, it's quite hard to navigate on it and read, as it's not very memorable, I remember the old layout, it was easy to understand and concentrate to the topic. :)

The skin is dull though though do put your hands down to the admins for keeping the forum up as much as possible for us to be able to post. I am sure there will be a big choice of skins in the future I will make sure of it :P. (I will even hunt them down access there PC and upload a skin) :) (And steal the Database :D)

1, the baby blue color. Kinda dull need something exciting and bright to say HI LETS POST.

2, this I think it should be cut even more. I mean there some folks that well Over post.

other than that? WTG!

Echo_of_thunder, please read the above posts before posting on your own -- this is just the default theme for only awhile until the myCENTS and everyother modules is back on track, then we can worry about the theme, right now -- its not that big of a issue.

2. Are you outta your mind? Cut it lower than 25? There shouldn't be a limit at all -- people should have the right to post -- what if they aren't here for the myCents but to just simply post :) Not like some members who have thousands of posts but show up once in a while just to keep their website running?

I agree about the skin, that it's too dull, it's quite hard to navigate on it and read, as it's not very memorable, I remember the old layout, it was easy to understand and concentrate to the topic. :P

I hated the old one -- it had worse color combination and it looked old and too old fashion, besides this theme has AJAX function and looks crips :D

what would be the reason to delete members who haven't logged in for a year? they are still members. have an account here and some of them are on the mycent plan. i think even those people who haven't logged in in a while deserve their mycents to be here if they ever come back to the forums. so i am curious what your reasons would be to delete those members. i hope it's a really good reason or maybe you should put some thought in to what you post.

There was really no need for that snood comment, I was just saying, and obviously if they have an account that hasn't been signed into for that long of a period of time, and I wasn't saying just delete them without prior notice, they should at least have an email telling them that they need to log in or click a link to keep there account from getting deleted!! Sorry if that upset you, but there was no reason for you to be so rude about it!

how about deleting members and their mycents who haven't logged in in a month. that's even better, don't you think?

2. Are you outta your mind? Cut it lower than 25? There shouldn't be a limit at all -- people should have the right to post -- what if they aren't here for the myCents but to just simply post :) Not like some members who have thousands of posts but show up once in a while just to keep their website running?

I hated the old one -- it had worse color combination and it looked old and too old fashion, besides this theme has AJAX function and looks crips :P

i agree with you deadmad 100%

the theme looks fine to me and after all it is the default theme we will get a much better one as i hope. also the older one was completely awful, the color was old fashioned and so boring. the increasing of guests now prove that.

and cut the posts more!! Posted Image ABSOLUTELY NO

i would suggest to increase it to forty or fifty a day, hardly be enough for me Posted Image like anyone could prevent me from posting more than 25 a day HUH.

I think for now the limit is fine where it is. Most of the members wouldn't cross even 10 posts per day, and for the most active members, it's a good limit. Once the myCENT script is back in action, the members who make 25 posts per day have a good chance of making at least $10 per day? So that's a really good limit, IMO, and it should stay like that. As for the theme, I think the focus should be on bringing back the myCENT script now rather than the theme. Let the admins breathe!! :)

I think for now the limit is fine where it is. Most of the members wouldn't cross even 10 posts per day, and for the most active members, it's a good limit. Once the myCENT script is back in action, the members who make 25 posts per day have a good chance of making at least $10 per day? So that's a really good limit, IMO, and it should stay like that. As for the theme, I think the focus should be on bringing back the myCENT script now rather than the theme. Let the admins breathe!! :)

Its not fine, new members make more than 50 posts on their first day (to cover all the active topics) and the active members make more than 25 (if not, they are not that active :P). $10 for only 25 posts? Are you kidding me? The myCENTS are not that cheap, thats like giving free money for no reason. A long post or a average one get about $.30 cents and thats .30 x 25 = $7.5, but if you make that much posts a day the myCENTS reduces if you post to much at a time, so you will at most -- no matter how hard you try, make about $4-5 maximum.

But, thats for the old myCENTS system, which is no longer in use -- the one that OpaQue is coding will be different and hopefully better, who knows what might change?

actually, there are both pros and cons to raise or lower the limit. if you lower the limit, you actually force more quality content from those who want to earn mycents. but, you are also limited to how many posts you can make. if you raise the limit, yes, people can earn more, but, you raise the risk factor of 2-3 line posts.i haven't seen too many people post more than 50. usually new users will hit 20 posts a day for a week and then slow down. on a rare occassion you will see a new user who posts 40-50 posts but that is not common at all. i have only seen 3 users do this since i have been paying attention.but! i don't think opaque can have it both ways. if giving away mycents and free hosting to post, there shouldn't be a limit but the new credit system isn't even in place yet. maybe once it is, he may adjust the values.

how about deleting members and their mycents who haven't logged in in a month. that's even better, don't you think?

And members like me with a full-time job and 19 unit school semester get to lose their accounts? I don't really mind about losing mycents since I'm not using them, but I would be rather annoyed if my account were deleted because I haven't had time to sit down and log in to my account in the past month.

invoice number 1 is due tomorrow, and I am going to lose all of my traffic, this update sux, not in a bad way I mean, the site looks great and run much faster I mean like the mycents taking forever, but I understand it takes time

In a broader sense the new forum is too good and i really love it. I am able to navigate very easily compared with the old system. I feel it easy to use , and i read that it is also easy for the mods and admin to use this forum. The Chat is really an good option here. The only thing is miss is that Shout Box.I would say , Nothing can replace the shout box :)

invoice number 1 is due tomorrow, and I am going to lose all of my traffic, this update sux, not in a bad way I mean, the site looks great and run much faster I mean like the mycents taking forever, but I understand it takes time

i guess you didn't write a support ticket with "attn: opaque" so our admin could take care of your situation like he did so many others. i would highly suggest you do this and then pm opaque the ticket#. this suggestion as been pasted all over the forums for a couple weeks now. it was posted once by buffalohelp and reposted several times by myself because people aren't reading the forums and being active.....but still complaining...