xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
The Simpleton

Softaculous And Fantastico Not Wroking In Cpanel?

Does anyone else has this problem or is this only my woe? My hosting account was suspended for nearly a month and as soon as I paid off the debt I got it back, and the first thing I wanted to do was to install Joomla. But when I tried to open Softaculous, I got this error:

"Site error: the file /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/softaculous/enduser/main/functions.php requires the ionCube PHP Loader ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so to be installed by the site administrator."

I opened a ticket and got a reply this evening that everything was fine from the admin's side. I replied by attaching a snapshot of the page I get whenever I open Softaculous or Fantastico (just to prove I wasn't bluffing :)) - but by that time I guess their day was over and I have to wait till tomorrow for their reply. In the meanwhile can someone help me out? Is there anything I can do in this situation or do I just have to wait for the server admin to do something?

Does anyone else has this problem or is this only my woe? My hosting account was suspended for nearly a month and as soon as I paid off the debt I got it back, and the first thing I wanted to do was to install Joomla. But when I tried to open Softaculous, I got this error:

you said you tried to open it in softaculous. did you try fantastico? i just tried fantastico and it is working. also, i believe opaque made an announcement about 6 months ago that they are no longer supporting any upgrades to softaculous.....or however you spell it. i don't even have that option in my cpanel. i just have fantastico.

yes i did try fantastico and it gave a similar error. and i hope "no more upgrades" doesn't mean no more access at all! I wouldn't mind the old version either because most of the CMS allow automatic upgrades so all I need is the one-click install facility. Anyway, here is the error I get for fantastico:

Fantastico is not installed at the default location /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/fantastico. Either move the Fantastico directory from it's current location to /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/fantastico OR enable ioncube loaders in WHM -> Tweak settings.

Odds are it needs to be reloaded as I can see the error as well I let the admin know.

Odds are it needs to be reloaded as I can see the error as well I let the admin know.

Thanks - I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one facing the problem; first I thought it happened due to the suspension of the account. Well anyway I'll be looking forward to using the auto-installer soon because I can't figure out the database step in the manual install! :)

Just to close this topic out, Softaculous and Fantastico are up and running again.