xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
-Sky-

My Dads Computer Rebuilding/Cleaning

I hope you put up Thermal compound on your CPU before putting the fan back. Coz most of the time, heating issues are caused bcoz of bad or washed off thermal compound. Plus, I am not sure if thats the stock fan for 3 GHz that you've clicked. Are you sure you got it in the box ? Anyways, The pics are really blurred so I couldn't look at it properly. BTW.. I hope while cleaning you also cleaned the fan on SMPS, coz sometimes that also gives problems.

All right, so today, mother got me up to ask me to fix my Dads computer. So, I got up and started, and didn't finish till 1:00 PM from 8:30 AM (GMT time). It runs an Intel Pentium 4 3 GHz, socket 775 LGA, and has an Antec Design case. I have many pictures, however the quality is not the best, so I do deeply apologise. The CPUs max temperature of all time was 105 degrees C a few days ago.
Pictures:

That's all the pictures.

Comments on it?

While cleaning it, as what was said above, I really hope new thermal compound was put on because it could be devastating to unseat and re-seat a heatsink without replacing thermal paste because it creates bubbles, gets hard and even rubs off and does not do its job properly. You might want to also make sure that all your fans are/are capable of spinning at full RPMs, and the exhaust and intake fans are blowing in the correct directions. 105c is waaaayy too hot for a cpu.