xisto Community
BuffaloHelp

Design New Forum's Logo

This is open to all graphic designers :)Design the new logo for this forum. Your entry should be in .png, .jpg or .jpeg. I would prefer to be in .png.You know the dimension of the image size by downloading form the forum's logo.The current logo is by me just to replace the default logo. You don't have to stay to the similar style. This is open and we're open to your own design. So submit your designs and good luck!

Nice! Though, i do have some questions.

Does it have to fit any theme style (blue,orange,green,etc.)

Can we use renders?

Does have to say the motto 'A search for knowledge through wisdom'

Does have to say 'Xisto' or 'Xisto.com'

Finally, can non-graphic designers join? (they might contribute some excellent logos :)

great, i will try to do my best. and good questions deadmad, same things passed in my mind i hope someone answered these questions to know how to do it the perfect way.

I figured I would give it a shot although I agree with soviet the one that's up looks pretty good already >.< but here is my entry... I hope ya'll like it :)

Posted Image

i want to know if we can make more than one logo to choose from. i started of making one already but got a lot of ideas and without answering deadmad questions, there are a lot of options. so please somebody answers these questions and if we can make more than one entry or not.

I don't think it was specified, so if it were me, I would make them all, have an internal vote, then ask a few others for their opinion then go from there to chose which one you want to enter!!

i actually like buffalohelps design and logo. the only problem with it is the words are way too small.my suggestion is geting rid of "a quest for wisdom through knowledge" in the circle, put the word SUTRA below KNOWLEDGE, and make the font bigger. then on the side of the logo, you can have "a quest for wisdom through knowledge" in bigger and more artsy font stretch across the screen.i wouldn't change the design at all. it looks great and blends in perfectly!

Thank you all for your interest and comments.The logo is anything goes. Design, submit and let our members decide :)As long as it blends in with the current theme and colors, I believe it should be okay. For example, you don't want to have it it all red when the background is deep blue. So if you design it to fade to blend in with the dark blue, I think it will be alright.I got the render form our home page. And yes on render. Follow anwiii's suggestion if you like. Keep those suggestions coming and submit your works.

Another small suggestion - is it possible to change the font of the word 'sutra', and make it more clear? We already have a lot of members misunderstanding the meaning of the word and the last thing we need is someone reading it wrong. Of course, after visiting the site one may not have doubts about the word, but still it would be more appropriate if the font was more clear.

Guys, use this IP.Board 3 Blank Logo:http://i44.tinypic.com/2rna3yx.pngTry and keep the layout of the top strip the same, so it matches the rest of the header. :)

i made two logos, have a lot of options and don't know from where to start. anyway hope you will like them.

entry 1:

Posted Image

entry 2:

Posted Image

both of the are in png, and the same size as the current logo. share me your opinions.

sorry seems i missed it Posted Image anyway, i fixed it now, and the logo looks even much more better.

entry *1

Posted Image

entry *2

Posted Image

Edited by web_designer (see edit history)

Here is my entry:

Posted Image

I do not know of the fonts used in the actual Xisto logo, so i picked whatever looked good. You can see it in context here.