xisto Community
BuffaloHelp

Knowledgesutra Forum Upgraded To Version 3 [resolved]

Dear forum members,

Not to steal thunder from OpaQue, but we have a new version of the forum. This version 3 has many features members were asking about: rep points or boost points system. Each and every post will have + or - promote feature. Just look for it at the lower right corner of each post.

https://invisionpower.com/features/apps

Many new features that we thought it would be relevant have now been included with this version--better PM system, better tracking and reporting features. Moderators would be glad to know that our centralized reporting function is back and standard with the forum version 3. Check out the inline moderation for moderators. Very nice and makes your moderation job simple and easy--no more hopping around for multiple tasks.

Be sure to check out many new emotion icons :P

Members will enjoy the new personal conversion--directly to only the member in conversation making it better than the previous PM system.

As always with forum upgrades, we will face many odds and ends with kinks and errors. Please direct all your finds here in this thread so that we can have better idea where it needs to be fixed, perhaps in priority.

Any questions please direct them to moderators or admins.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience during our upgrades.

To Do, and features turned on

fix HIDE code fixed to act like spoiler bbcode

fix myCENT alignment fixed and still deciding on how to align insignia

change forum logo

limit "location" and "interest" text box to 250 characters

Reputation System Configured - 5 Points allowed per day

Forum is slow until completion of upgrade

Activate board advertising

Change message notification color from green to red (if OpaQue willing)

Reputation UP

FaceBook Connect - Online

Google Chatback may become official forum bbcode (see my sig below)

Note the Fast Reply is open for the topic as default, and also note the auto merge when you add reply followed by your post--no more double post warning! :)

Hi!@BuffaloHelpThank you for making the post. One of the first things I have noticed with the new forum software is that it does not display recent 'replies' but instead only displays the list of recently created threads. If I'm not subscribing to a post via email, I have no 'notification' that indicates that there was a reply to my post. Also, in the previous version of the forum, the latest reply still indicated the name of the author who created the thread and not the name of the member who replied to the thread. The change would definitely make it easier to use.Another one of those minor things that I did notice was that the forums are slower than usual - the page takes longer to load. I'm not sure if it is because of the graphics or if it is because of the execution of the PHP scripts that are slowing it down. Perhaps you've noticed the slowdown too?BTW, I was wondering if there's an open-source version of the Invision Board for trying out and building plugins.

It's going to be slow until OpaQue is satisfied with the core upgrade. And then he will turn on each available feature to bring the forum back to our "usual" state. In the mean time, we probably won't see any excessive plug-ins because it will draw additional server resources.You can install a trial version for 30 days from Invision Power. If you do require additional time to evaluate or develop your modules, contact them for additional assistance. They are very good at extending to help you out.PS, notice the inline PM feature... no need to load or launch separate PM window--it's all in one screen.

thank you buffalohelp for this information, i saw a lot of these updates you mentioned but i didn't know what they are for :P waiting more from you.and i want to ask you am i imagining or you transformed from moderator to admin, i am quiet sure you was blue not red :)if so, let me tell you CONGRATULATION ADMIN we are happy for you and we supporting you always.

WOW! AWESOME! This really made my day ! :P The best feature from this upgrade, in my point of view is the FaceBook LogIn, no more will users will have to make a user account and also the 'Watch this Topic' button, that really helps us reply to the topics. Im loving the WYSIWYG editor. Really, hats off to OpaQue and BuffaloHelp and all the other nice people for making this possible! This major upgrade to the forum will definitely get us more users and it will make this a better community. Again, congratulations. Just some questions though, does the myCENTS still work? Will we get badges/awards or something for Rep+ or just normal? Where is the SHOUTBOX? Does the edit function work now?

Here is some things to add to your 'to do' list :

The myCENT is a little bit to the left

The logo is 'IP BOARD'

Shoutbox

Well, thats all i can find now, i will edit this later if i can. Also, will we use this theme or use a another one?

BTW, first post FTW! :)

@web_designer - BuffaloHelp has always been a Admin, ever since i joined and even before that...

Edited by deadmad7 (see edit history)

ok, even i said i won't report now but i can't hold myself. things here are very excited. so, these are the errors i see

- <br> tag in "my information" in member profile, i tried to remove it as you said but i can't.
- same error under member avatar that shows with topics and posts, and also can't be removed.
- theme not showing in "my settings" page only the logo shows.
- same for "messenger" and " manage ignored users"
- there is no members online that was found in the previous form.
- of course shoutbox

good luck guys.

@web_designer - BuffaloHelp has always been a Admin, ever since i joined and even before that...

REALLY?? sorry, i don't notice many things my head is full of code and numbers :)
Edited by web_designer (see edit history)

i found another bug, anwiii's avatar in his profile is expanding out of the sidebar edges. and no html tags in his profile but i have in mine, so i edited my profile and get rid of <br> in my profile and under avatar.

Edited by web_designer (see edit history)

oh wow. i actually love the new pm feature. that is going to save a lot of time there.anyway, i noticed there is no formatting in the members area and control panel. it's making it really hard to navigate. i do need to edit my interests i guess. i dunno what's wrong with my photo though. it's 150 x 150. should i change it to 100 x 100? is that the problem? i'm still asleep.i did notice at first that mycents earned was off at first. for me, it was off about $100 but it's fixed now.i think people should just be patient for the changes to occur and report any bugs here just in case some things have been over looked

i found another bug, anwiii's avatar in his profile is expanding out of the sidebar edges. and no html tags in his profile but i have in mine, so i edited my profile and get rid of <br> in my profile and under avatar.

My Profile Picture is like that too. Although my profile didn't have any <br> tags in it, i wonder how yours get it. To fix the profile picture, you have to delete it and upload again, so then it can align itself.

All the old quotes are looking weird (they aren't like quotes at all) but the new quotes seem to work just fine. Another problem is that when I tried to Rep+ BuffaloHelp in this thread, it says ' you have reached the maximum amount of rep positive for this day', even though i never rep+ anyone before. I think that will be fixed tomorrow anyway, probably a glitch in time.

I was also wondering what shoutbox we will be having, not the old one please :) or will we have a shoutroom instead of a shoutbox.

I have also just noticed the twitter function and its awesome!

Woah! The users online has skyrocketed after the upgrade! Thats totally cool!

Online At Once Record1,574

Today, 06:24 AMI expect it to go up a way lot more!

Edited by deadmad7 (see edit history)

So we finally got the upgrade :) Thanks a lot to the admins and all the people involved - the forum is looking really neat and I know it'll take a time to iron out the bugs and a little more time for everyone to get used to the new system, but at least the change is here at last. I think this is the default theme for the new version? It's bright and blue and it's cool :P I wouldn't mind it if this is the theme we settle for, but I think there will be at least a few members who will ask for a customized theme :D As for the bugs I noticed most of the people above me have mentioned it already so I won't repeat them, but I hope the speed comes back to normal soon as that is the only thing which really matters right now. The rest are just minor things which can be smoothened out very fast. So once again congrats to the admins and to all the members :D

The "Interests" information under someones name sure takes up a lot of space on the screen in some cases. Anwiii's interests take up my entire screen's height, leaving his post box a big empty space. Not sure if anyone mentioned that already, but it's really distracting. I'm not sure the interest information is necessary to have there anyway. My opinion is it just clutters the left side. If it has to be there, maybe it'd be a good idea to condense it into a link that pops up a little tool tip or something. If it was me, I'd just get rid of it.I guess I just like a real minimalist look. Other than that (and the misaligned MyCent icon) everything looks okay to me.

Hi!Running the board without the plugins is a pretty good idea, considering the slowdown of the system. Perhaps after a hardware upgrade or some kind of optimizations, the system would perform well enough to re-introduce plugins into the system. I was wondering though, will the MyCENTs be calculated during this period or will all of them accumulate and be added to the total after the plugins have been enabled?@web_designerBuffaloHelp has been an administrator for quite a while - I've always known him to be an admin, but I don't see him very often on the forums.@rob86I don't see the increased height of the Interests area under anwiii's profile block. It's either been fixed now or it's because I'm using Mozilla Firefox. If you still see it, do holler back (reply to this thread) and I'll check if it's a browser issue.

@web_designer
BuffaloHelp has been an administrator for quite a while - I've always known him to be an admin, but I don't see him very often on the forums.

hay don't embarrass me anymore, it was minutes of losing my memory after the shock i got :) but now i remember. i wrote it right away after the changes happened. GOD it's so embarrassing.

The "Interests" information under someones name sure takes up a lot of space on the screen in some cases. Anwiii's interests take up my entire screen's height, leaving his post box a big empty space. Not sure if anyone mentioned that already, but it's really distracting. I'm not sure the interest information is necessary to have there anyway. My opinion is it just clutters the left side. If it has to be there, maybe it'd be a good idea to condense it into a link that pops up a little tool tip or something. If it was me, I'd just get rid of it.

I guess I just like a real minimalist look. Other than that (and the misaligned MyCent icon) everything looks okay to me.

Yup, you are right. It should be clean and simple instead of being cluttered like it is now. I really liked the layout before, maybe we can get that kind of effect in this version too, not the same theme but just being simple and quick to the point.

I don't get it though, we is the forum acting so slow? I don't get what you guys are talking about, plugins,etc. Can anyone explain please?:) Also, it seems like this forum is now slower in chrome and faster in firefox? Anyone know why? Is it because Chrome reads the styles different?

I don't see the increased height of the Interests area under anwiii's profile block. It's either been fixed now or it's because I'm using Mozilla Firefox. If you still see it, do holler back (reply to this thread) and I'll check if it's a browser issue.

It seems like Anwiii took my and web_designer's idea and shortened his 'My Interests'. Its not a browser issue.

hay don't embarrass me anymore, it was minutes of losing my memory after the shock i got :P but now i remember. i wrote it right away after the changes happened. GOD it's so embarrassing.

LOL. Don't be embarrassed ! It's not like anyone is making fun of you or anything (other than me ofcourse :D)!

well i changed my interests so it doesn't take up a whole page haha that was funny. buffalohelp was the first one to pm me on it. i'm half way awake now and managed to get a couple things done. i think i will wait til morning to see any more changes. the speed(load time) was slow before. now it's REALLY slow. i guess it's to be expected and hope it's temporary.