xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
web_designer

Congratulations Trappers, We Finally Get A New Theme.. share me what do you think?

congratulations trappers, we finally get a new theme for the forum. it was a shock for me. i was online, as usual :) and suddenly a database error appears and the forum page disappeared. i knew that opaque online, so i assumed he fix things but not updating the whole theme.anyway, after half an hour or less, i refreshed the page and get this, i gazed to my laptop monitor for 5 minutes or more till i figured out.THANK YOU opaque, great work admin. i like the new theme, it's related to the original one but more beautiful and refreshing. thank you for your hard work, we always expect the best from you.now trappers share me what do you think of our new theme?

Hi!@web_designerThe forum theme update came to me as a surprise too! I posted a couple of messages this morning and we still had the old theme. Then, I'm away from my computer for about an hour and now that I come back and type in the URL for Xisto, I get a very different look so I check to make sure that I'm still on the Xisto website and that we didn't have some big corporation come and take over the place that I love to hang out.The new theme feels nicer and brighter, but I was accustomed to the old theme and the features. For example, the new theme tells me on the right which the new threads are but does not tell me where the latest posts have been made, so if somebody did reply to an older thread I wouldn't be able to tell unless I've got email notifications enabled. I don't have email notifications enabled for most of my posts so it's hard to reply to something that I don't know has a post.The shoutbox is missing too, but right now I do see Opaque online so I suppose Xisto is running in maintenance mode for some of the plugins to have been disabled. I'm sure there would be folks talking about the update to Xisto if the shoutbox were open.

It's not just a new theme--it's a new version of the forum.Database has to be off line for the entire upgrade. We don't want to lose any posted articles to be lost or disconnected during upgrade. So we simply take the database off line and then make sure it's running fully, and then turn it back on.This is one of the default themes for the IPB version 3.Please expect the usual kinks and errors here and there. As always, please report all errors to moderators. They will then forward to admins for better usage.Check out what's new with IPB version 3 and especially your PM features. https://invisionpower.com/features/apps
For moderators, you'll be happy to know that the report center is back. And judging by my post, my HIDE code is no longer working...again!

thank you buffalohelp for the explanation, you are always a great help. i noticed there is no shoutbox, and theme not showed in member settings also there is <br> tag showing in member avatar and profile. but i won't report anything now, i will give opaque time to complete his work but after that if i see any error i will report it. i love the new theme and i am really happy, thank you guys.@k_nithin_rgood it's not only me who surprised. in fact, i was a little sleepy but after that i woken up completely :)

Yes, usually when forum goes through an upgrade, the makers of the forum script change how HTML codes is handled. Go to your profile page and see if you can remove the HTML code and simply enter a blank line.I have started a topic in the Announcement page for further information on reporting and information.Please continue your discussion there regarding errors and features.Use this thread to discuss about the theme and likes/dislikes of the forum skin.

I already talked about the major issues and thanks in the announcement section, so i guess i will talk about the theme here! First of all, will we get another modified theme or just stuck with this one? The myCents and 'earned' appear to the left (you might want to <center> that). Right now, it looks awesome but after a few months, it will get plain, so i don't think we should stick with this theme. Overall I really like this theme though.

EDIT: I have also noticed that this theme/version is considerable slower than the last one , maybe that will go away after the finalizing of this upgrade.

The quotes are messed up and they don't work right now.

Double Edit: The 'watch this topic' doesn't have any styling in it and looks like plain html.

Edited by deadmad7 (see edit history)

well it finally happened huh? well i just woke up and this is too much for me to handle. i'll have to get used to this. it's hard for me to navigate right now. it would have been nice if there was some warning but i'm glad buffalohelp has been updating us. i see there is still a lot of work to do. i really hate change :)

Edited by anwiii
looks like i need to edit my interests hahaha! (see edit history)

well it finally happened huh? well i just woke up and this is too much for me to handle. i'll have to get used to this. it's hard for me to navigate right now. it would have been nice if there was some warning but i'm glad buffalohelp has been updating us. i see there is still a lot of work to do. i really hate change :)

I know, it was like that for me too! Good think BuffaloHelp made a Announcement or i would have thought this was a glitch or something. It is pretty hard to navigate right now, it is probably because we have some many Forum Sections and categories. I think the next thing we should do is clean up the forum sections and edit the categories. And maybe put GFXTrap where people can exactly see it. Also, another plus will be that the SOTW Winner's Signature should be displayed on the front page somewhere.

Anwiii, you might want to edit your 'My Interests' so it doesn't take the whole page.

the most thing i like in this new theme is my profile structure, it is neat and organized. also that light blue every where looks great. it adds a spirit to the forum :)i can't wait to see the shoutbox and the rest features how they will look like!!

the most thing i like in this new theme is my profile structure, it is neat and organized. also that light blue every where looks great. it adds a spirit to the forum :)
i can't wait to see the shoutbox and the rest features how they will look like!!

This is just he default theme, they might change it again, which is still a probability. Though, it is bright in here (after all the years of orange or autumn). I wonder what other features will come in the next few weeks... I guess we should wait and find out :P

Hehe!I was shocked too when I came here this morning!! I logged on expecting the usual but alas, I saw the default ipb theme! My first thinking was that the board was going through a major overhaul or something like that, and I'm still believing they'll change this theme to something catchy in the next few days.No offence, none at all meant, but this theme is every where now. Knowlegdesutra definitely will dish out a surprise guys...well, for starters it's now a bit diffcult to navigate, the list of forums looks really long plus the descriptions are quite expanded too. Maybe it's just me...I probably hate change without knowing it!!Well done to the team on migrating to the latest version of IPB and I absolutely love the fast reply facility now...it's real cute!!

Likewise, I thought it led me to another forum site. But I like this theme. Look pleasant. Just that it will need to get sometime before I can navigate through the site as well as I can do it the old theme.

Oh man, I'm with you Anwii! I hate change. I can't find anything here now. I wanted to check my balance and can't find where I click to go to it. I also don't like have to load another page just to log in, the old forum had a log in spot right on the page. It looks good, I like the colors, and I suppose I will get used to the layout and eventually figure out where everything is, but I do miss the shoutbox.