xisto Community
Kubi

2b Wireless - T-mobile Dealer Scandal [resolved] Non-Military friendly org

For you newer members who haven't met me, I used to be a Moderator on Trap. I went on leave for military service. I was gone for 8 months.Federal Reg says that any service member who goes on active duty orders is required to be reinstated to there former position with same pay, status and seniority upon returning. However this was not the case with T-Mobile. Promptly after my active duty service was over I reported back to my store requesting reinstatment. I waited, and waited, and called, and waited some more. After 4 weeks of waiting, losing money and becoming late on car payments they finally told me I was fired. What reason? I was fired because I decided to volentarily serve my country. As if there were a draft in effect. Of course I did it volentarily, there WAS NO DRAFT. I spoke with ESGR and they talked to HR, approx. 12 hours later I received a call saying I was reinstated. Ha.Maybe this will change your opinion on cell phones before you go shop at a place that has no respect for there soldiers.

Edited by Kubi (see edit history)

Hi!@KubiI remember seeing you by looking up your Avatar animation. I haven't seen it in quite a while.It must have been quite upsetting to know that T-Mobile had fired you for doing what you can in the battle field to keep the T-Mobile stores and their customers safe from military threats. It's just as much of a contribution to the company as the guy standing in the store pitching a product to a prospective customer.The ESGR must have been pretty serious and probably threatened to sue for T-Mobile to change their stance and have you offered your old position and pay. I would be a bit concerned about joining T-Mobile if I were you because joining an organization where they are legally obligated to hire you would adversely affect your future prospects within the organization.I wish you luck with the GoDaddy interview - GoDaddy is much bigger than T-Mobile in terms of the geographical regions that it serves so you are much better off with them.

T-Mobile can bite me. I got a call from GoDaddy today offering me the job. Haha. GoDaddy pays more. I figure I'll take my weeks vaction that I earned and quit tmobile.

Welcome back and welcome home Kubi!!!Thank you for serving our country and defending for those who cannot defend for themselves (myself included). I'm glad that you made it back healthy and that no harm has come to you.Don't worry about the job. They should know better not to mess with any military service personnel. They will get what's coming to them!!! It's the law.

Welcome back and welcome home Kubi!!!
Thank you for serving our country and defending for those who cannot defend for themselves (myself included). I'm glad that you made it back healthy and that no harm has come to you.

Don't worry about the job. They should know better not to mess with any military service personnel. They will get what's coming to them!!! It's the law.

Thanks BH. It means a lot. Most people aren't very appreciative and it feels really good to know someone who is. I spoke with GoDaddy and they're going to let me start work as soon as I get back from our Annual 2 week training.

I echo previous statements in their entirety, and more. Like yourself I've been out the fray for quite some time, though my reasons weren't quite so altruistic. But we all have our reasons, don't we? I have two nieces in the American Army. They could have gone straight in to the service as Officer's, as the two of them had earned their respective undergraduate degrees in Criminal Justice (their father a criminal shrink, their uncle a lawyer, their aunt - a certifiable nutcase.....go figure!). I have nothing but the utmost respect for the courageous men and women who, in youthful innocence, put their very lives in harm's way for the greater good. But I will forever remain at odds with the corrupt government(s) who take advantage of these fine young people to secure their corrupt agendas. That being said, it's a relief to hear you are home, safe and sound, and hopefully taking advantage of all the benefits your status now allots you. If you haven't already, you may want to pursue an Undergraduate, or better yet, Doctorate degree, courtesy Uncle Sam. and get paid to do so! I, regretfully, was one of those idiots who ended up paying my own way through University sans a scholarship which didn't cover the full brunt of cost. After four years of drudgery I still owed $10,000, even after working every day after school to fund my education. My wiser, older sibling did just the opposite. He enlisted in the Navy and got Uncle Sam to not only pay for his degree but a whirlwind tour of Asia, life-long preferential benefits and something more than the provincial world-view so many an American are apparently afflicted with. That said, I've no doubt someone of your moral fiber and self-discipline can achieve anything he wants, with our without T-Mobile and their assorted ilk. Why not go for the gusto, and become a Doctorate of this or that discipline? I've yet to meet anyone holding an advanced our undergraduate degree who ever regretted his decision!

I am curious, were you working for corporate T-Mobile or an agent that was privately owned. And I would like to thank you for serving this country.